Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

Just checked my Wyze cameras V2 and Pan and the outdoor cam still not working with google hub now I am getting SORRY IT LOOKS LIKE THE STEAM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE FROM CAR PARK all the rest of my cameras say the same Wyze is not listing they have the problem they are not fixing the issue getting the cameras to work with google my cameras use to work with google right now I want be buying any products from Wyze because off this issue plus I will be canceling 2 off my pre-orders from them like the doorbell guarantee want work with google and the Wyze headphones Wyze wants our money and don’t care if will have any problems with they products

MR GIOVANNI TURCO

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze Thermostat!

All I want to be able to do is turn on/off my cam V2s and on/off notifications without using/paying for IFTTT Pro. I currently can’t do this with my Google Assistant. I don’t care to view a stream of my camera from my TV. If I need to view anything it will be from my phone when I get an alert.

I get that nothing in programming is simple and thus I have patiently waited for resolution. The addition of a cost to IFTTT has given rise to my frustration over the lack of Google integration. Not enough of a problem, I guess, because I pre-ordered the doorbell cam, though now I have to decide if I want to pay for person detection per camera on my growing number of cameras.

The primary reason may of us bought into the Wyze Community was because of the low barrier to entry. I have enjoyed the devices but my frustration with the services, or lack thereof, continues to grow. Please do more with Google Home Automation.

Thank you.

2 Likes

same trouble here, not show any camera on google display

Yea Yea Yea We have only had over a thousand people on this forum already state that its now getting old just get use to it. Who knows if they will ever fix it

2 Likes

Same issue loading cameras on Google Home Hub Max.

Did I mention that my cameras wont load on Google displays?

Anyone experiencing issues…
Please look at the “service status and known bugs” section.

This is a frequently updated and great information source.

5 Likes

Over a year and a half just to find the problem? Thats just a way to say “we will start to take this serious from now”…
At least they made this problem official, but with zero extra or new info… we just have to keep waiting blindly…

1 Like

We’re sorry and we understand the frustration. This is one of those things that we wouldn’t be able to find without the Google team’s help. Now that we know what the problem is, it will hopefully be easier to fix. But this is still probably one we can’t fully resolve without Google’s help since there actually was a change on their end.

2 Likes

To all those complaining, what they’re trying to say is that Google’s prioritization of a third party company’s one-off issue, whom they make no money from, is about as high as you having an issue with Gmail on your iphone and wanting the time of their development team, at likely many hundreds of thousands of dollars a day in labor and lost productivity; basically next to nothing. Wyze is basically willing to work towards redeveloping the basis for how their video feeds fundamentally work to resolve this issue for us all, and all so your subscription free $39 camera will support a feature outside of it’s primary purpose and which likely is only used by a very small niche of its user base. I think they’re doing just fine personally.

People ,get YI camera , it works with google hub and also very fast response ! I heard enough excuses . It is not a google issue .

2 Likes

They will keep telling you it’s fixed or will be fixed as to not deter future sales. Save your breath and frustration, move on. Yi works great.

1 Like

I keep reading the replies in this thread and am astounded at how people are acting. I’m sure that Gwendolyn and Frederick share your frustration in this not working. The thing is they are the face of Wyze here and it’s got to be very challenging navigating all of these negative comments and non-constructive posts. I am 100% certain with my previous interactions with both that they are doing everything they can to resolve the issue. It seems that some folks posting here believe it’s a quick easy fix, but at the end of the day, if it was it would already be resolved. A little patience will go a long way. Or move on to a new device. I agree that it stinks that works with google is claimed and it’s not actually working as expected, but at the end of the day, if that’s the deal breaker for you then move on. I’m sure that it won’t be the first time or the last time that you have had to take a bit of a loss to move on from something, and maybe there’s a middle of the road solution that Wyze can offer to those who reported issues during warranty periods / return periods of GA not working, and that could help, but I just wish that some people would think before they respond.

1 Like

Most users here have patiently waited over a year for a fix so they have had time to think about their comments.

My frustration lies in the way this was handled. Ignored and pushed off. There was no concern about this on Wyze’s end, or at least the faces of Wyze didn’t seem to show it here. I offered videos of why was happening (when we were told it was working) but I was not taken up on my offer.

Something like this should not have taken this long to:
A. Be acknowledged
B. Taken Responsibility
C. Provide accurate and timely updates
D. Be corrected

This was handled poorly from the start.

3 Likes

I’ve patiently waited just as long, and my use case is as a baby monitor. I’ve always received responses, and of course the issues escalated here to the point that we’re getting the responses on the specific project for fixing the issue. I really don’t believe it was ignored or not acknowledged when I initially reported it, I got a response that it was under review and was definitely acknowledged at that time over a year ago. I don’t believe I’ve seen a single lie from anyone on the wyze side, can you elaborate?

1 Like

If this was a main feature of their product, I’d agree with you, however that’s not the case here. Wyze is clearly looking to broaden their market into other products, and redeveloping the basis for their video feeds so that you can ‘Ok Google’ it onto your 3rd party screens, a feature they never claimed to 100% support, is just not the priority they’ve chosen to pursue. What percentage of their user base do you think cares about this at all…1%? 2%? I think even those numbers would be generous. You can’t expect a company to devote more of it’s resources to an issue than it affects its user base, when the rest of the majority have equal interest in seeing their development cycles attend to other areas. Have you not been paying attention to the massive ‘person detection’ setback they experienced and have been working on, that affects the vast majority of their user base, which they’ve recently handed us all for free, as they said they would? Do you really think that your issue was more important than that?

As it has been said, if you don’t like the fact that this issue isn’t being given 100% of their attention, feel free to move on to another platform, but declaring that something was handled poorly from your own biased point of view doesn’t make it so. I too am having this issue, but I realize that my $39 investment, for which all the primary functions they’ve advertised work just fine, doesn’t give me license to tell them how to run their business. Take the silver spoon out of your mouth and realize that Wyze doesn’t owe you a timeline or an explanation on this issue, despite them graciously trying to do so here in the comments to the best of their ability over and over again.

Agree to disagree here, but if you say I have a biased point of view, then I could say the same for you.

This was advertised to work, it was listed on each box of the 5 cameras I have purchased. So my investment was a bit more then $39.

Point is, it was advertised on the product, and here that it worked, and it doesn’t.

I think part of the issue is the Wyze staff positing here was posting to try and keep people satisfied, not actually keeping us truly informed. That’s likely because they might not have been informed on their side.

Remember the few posts where someone would come in and say, “hey it’s working” then the Wyze agent would chime in and say, “yea! I will let the team know.” Even when it wasn’t working. - That right there goes to show lack of communication.

I was a Wyze supporter for a long time, and have recommended it to friends and family.

I don’t have a silver spoon, but if you would like to share yours without throwing a fit, I might see what it’s like to have one.

2 Likes

Many here already extremely patient and waited one year and a half for something so trivial that all other brands have no issue with. Please stop being defensive for a company that has no ability to fix a issue that are supposed to be working . I do sympathize Wayne who needs to deal with the complaints daily :muscle:but hey this is real world . The amount of complaints shall be made known to upper management and not telling people to keep quiet .

2 Likes

[Mod Edit] The issue is completely dependent on Google and has nothing to do with Wyze. When people say it works in the comments, it may have started working due to a temporary change Google made on their end, and then stopped when they changed it back. Again, that has nothing to do with Wyze’s internal communication, as they get more feedback from us here on this forum post then they likely do from Google, which I’m sure is nothing at all.

They hooked into the ‘Works with Google’ API that every other company does in an effort to bring more value to their customers, unfortunately for them Google just isn’t providing stability due to the way their video streams currently function, as Google could care less about fixing this in a timely manor. The silver spoon I’m referring to is that clearly you have no appreciation for what a company’s development time is worth, and given they have no ability to fix this without Google, but for the option to completely redevelop the way their feeds work, they have to carefully weigh whether or not it makes sense to devote such time & resources to an issue such as this over further progressing their company. They advertised the ‘Works with Google’ function due to having hooked into the same API that every other company does. If Google’s API doesn’t work or isn’t stable, go bash Google and get on their case. Keep dragging Wyze through the mud over it and I think you’re going to get your wish that they simply drop support for Google altogether.