Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

Nope; Still doesn’t work.

Using two WyzeCam v2 cameras, Lenovo 10" smart display with Google Assistant. Just a black screen buffering that eventually times out with no image ever displayed. At one point in time I would eventually see a single frame of an image that would update once every 15-60+ seconds, but now, just nothing. The “trick” of re-issuing the command to restart the process doesn’t work either.

I find that the cameras stream just fine to an Amazon Echo Show 5.

1 Like

I’ll share all of this with the team. We’re sorry to hear that it still hasn’t been working for folks.

1 Like

Same problem. Added the Waze camera to my home but when viewing it on the Home Hub it flashes the “playing smart home camera” on and off with the play timeline bar at the bottom constantly and counting up. Flashes on and off every second. Very annoying. Works fine in the app. Again utilizing Google Nest Hub Display and 4 Wyze V2 cameras. I removed devices from Google Home and reinstalled, rebooted both Hub and cameras and reinstalled. Same result, back screen buffering.

Thanks,
Matt

4 Likes

Hey Gwen. My issue with the chromecast isstill the same but for Christmas I got two google nest displays and have that same issue with hem and get the same error message from the google assistant.

Will you update this thread if the developers or whomever provide a status? This is a wide spread issue, but unclear of the communication channels.

Hello
It appears the steaming attempts to upload to the cloud and then download again and got stuck doing so

I also have the problem - it initially looks like it’s trying to cast, and then I see a player that shows 12 seconds of video that seems to be counting down to 0, and then the process starts over again. It looks like it’s streaming 12 second increments and doesn’t look like the casting sees it as one video stream…possibly some type of content type/header issue with the stream?

1 Like

Been almost two months now…either they are not aware of the issue, don’t care, or they are having a difficult time figuring it out. I listed them in the order I feel it could be.

ElectroStrong wrote a great description of the issue I have - Wyze Cam2 and Lenovo smart display.

I have this exact same issue. The description is identical to my setup and issues.
Lenovo Smart Display that displays the video for a few seconds and buffers and tries to reload.
It also takes a long long time for the initial screen to appear.

1 Like

This is more of an issue of it being difficult to figure out. This isn’t happening to everyone though it’s definitely an issue so I’ve been sending information about it over to the team as it comes to me.

1 Like

Thank you @UserCustomerGwen :slight_smile: - gotta love those intermittent bugs!

They’re my “favorite”! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hello ,

This issue has been outstanding for a while and we have not heard any progress so far . In the least should have there be any integration testing done , or trouble shooting . Please provide an ETA ASAP. Thanks so much !

They have been updating this thread, most recent was a few hours ago. They do not have an ETA because the issue has been difficult to figure out as it has not been happening to everyone. I have linked below the post of what info they are still asking for to try and track this issue down. Since you are experiencing the issue I would recommend giving them your info also if you have not already.

3 Likes

I also recently purchased a Lenovo Smart Display (10") and am having issues with streaming of the Wyze V2 cams. This is happening every time I attempt to view the Wyze cams regardless of network changes that I make. They seem to be in an almost-constant state of buffering when I go to view them.

My indoor Nest Cam works flawlessly through the smart display.

Honestly, I am having a difficult time believing this. I have a few friends who have the same products and it doesn’t work for any of them.

Is this working for anyone on a Nest Hub or smart display???

I have the Google Home Hub and honestly it is hit or miss, some days it will and some it won’t. I have seen people on Facebook say it works and a lot say it doesn’t. They are just trying to compile information to see the instances it doesn’t and trace the issue, that is why I posted the link to the post requesting the info. The more people that give them information to look at this issue the better chance they have of fixing it.

1 Like

Our data is showing that the majority of people using it are successfully connecting and, as Jason just said, it isn’t the same for everyone. That’s why we’re trying to look into individual cases to try to figure it out.

1 Like

I get that, it’s just odd that I can’t find a single person who it is working for.