Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

Hello Gwayne

It is not true. Most people here could not get it working . If so please advise how to configure it to work . Most people think it can be linked but in fact many don’t have the home hub to prove the streaming works .

Thanks

1 Like

It is true that most here cannot get it to work, that is partly because people seek the forum out and post when they have issues. The reports from a few that say it works I have seen on Facebook. Mine have worked at times and not others, it is hit or miss. I am not at home right now to try it.

In the beginning was hit and miss . I tried again recently and it is 100 percent dark and dead screen.

We are taking this seriously and I’ve been sending the information over to the engineers. This is just part of why it hasn’t been resolved yet.

2 Likes

I believe 100% this does not work for anyone on a Nest Hub.

2 Likes

Exact same issues with nest hub. Tries to countdown then restarts. Occasionally get picture on 2 of the 6 cams (4 v2; 2 pan cam) ( one of each gets occasional picture stream). To even get that I had to keep switching camera resolution . Very disappointed since the reason I was able to talk my wife into allowing the hub in our kitchen was to be able to see who is at the front door.

Hey all. While we wait for a native fix, I found a way to cast using tiny cam pro

You can follow this tutorial.

No casted audio yet unfortunately. I would still prefer native wyze ability, as this turns your phone into a battery eating server and is can’t be automated from Google Assistant. Still, it gets my feed on the TV wirelessly.

Good luck finding a solution to the casting issue, guys!

I wrote a couple months back and still on the same boat. Google Nest display keeps cycling trying to show the cameras. On the App all three show just fine.
Wyze, How can I assist with this, perhaps providing logs, network trace data , or other information to assist identifying where issue can be?

1 Like

Thanks for your kind offer! Could you please message me with the MAC address of your camera, the email you use for your Wyze account, and the date/time/time zone of the last time it failed to stream through Google? I’ll get this to the engineers.

1 Like

Do you need this information from everyone? I have 3 cameras and none of them work on my nest hub or chromecast :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sure seems like there should be a solution without legwork on the user end… I mean, come on - is this not a clear case of stalling? And if it is, so be it, but just say that.

This situation is obviously not difficult to re-create, and thus having people take the time to submit their info seems a bit disingenuous.

Agreed 100%.

Our frustration with this issue is that they keep asking for non relevant info such as time of failure. If it truly works and not working for many then you will need app logs and network traces. But I strongly believe this feature has never been proven in . If it had then please share a actual video footage of it working.

Thanks !

1 Like

An app log won’t work for this one because it’s not using the Wyze app. What we’re doing is looking into the individual instances of failure and trying to find what went wrong. That’s why we need the time of failure. It helps us to narrow down the focus and make sure we’re not looking at a successful connection (and confusing the issue). This isn’t us stalling. Our general metrics aren’t giving us the answer so we’re needing to go through individual cases.

We apologize for the inconvenience and understand the frustration. Providing this information is entirely optional but very useful as we try to work through this. The integration is an effort from multiple companies and the troubleshooting for this has been as well.

4 Likes

Same instance I mentioned above.

My point from the post above is that I can’t imagine the folks at Wyze are unable to re-create this issue - you must have cameras and various display devices at your disposal? I’m assuming most, if not all, are having the same issues?

[MOD EDIT: Edited to remove information from the public area.]

Oh it’s cool, I didn’t mind that stuff out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your explanation . I like to point out again that this feature failed 99 percent of the time. So getting time of failure is quite meaningless. These was never an instance of stable working with google hest hub.

1 Like

Thank you for the information! I sent it to the team. I don’t know if they’ll be able to check without the MAC address.

We have had some ability to recreate it but, as you may have noticed from the delay in resolving this, have been having difficulty sorting out the issue. At this point I’m feeding them the requested info as quickly as I can so that we can look for a pattern/fail point(s).

You’re welcome, @ng2608. I just want to be careful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Gwen, in my case (6 v2 cams linked/synced to GA, Gen 3 Chromecast plugged into Sony TV) it successfully connects 100% of the time. Unfortunately, 100% of the time it doesn’t remain connected. Connects successfully about 20-30 secs after issuing command, steady Live stream to my TV for a minute or two, then the buffering that others have described starts. Buffering continues for duration of the 10 minutes or until I say “Stop”. Am wondering if your data is also measuring the length of connection (full 10 minutes?), or just the % of successful initial connects. Hopefully that made sense. :thinking:

It does make sense and I’ll share this information with the team. Thanks!

1 Like