Wyze Doorbell - Hells Bells

I received my Wyze Doorbell. Uhhh ok, The doorbell isn’t going to cut the mustard with my wife. We live in a large home, and the bell unit is not going be well received by my wife. I like the doorbell button and camera, but the boss sez nope! Not loud enough.

My question is, can I still use my old doorbell ringer, in conjunction with the Wyze ringer? So, if someone presses the button, both the Wyze and my existing “Westminster Chimes” bells ring?

If so, how would I need to wire it?

I don’t have a back door doorbell, just the front door.

Thanks!

Rick

3 Likes

All existing doorbell chimes will be bypassed and will not function with the Wyze doorbell.
You can link multiple Wyze chime units(available for sale later) to the doorbell. You can also use Amazon Echo and Google Home devices as chimes too!

2 Likes

Just curious if you checked on the chime volume in the settings…its buried under the doorbell settings under extended devices. You can select from a variety of chime tones and change the volume from there. Mine is very loud…I actually have it set on the min.

JH

1 Like

I have not seen the ability to use the Google Homes as a chime anywhere. When linked, the Doorbell in the Google Home app doesn’t give the settings options to set up the chime or “visitor announcements”. Do you have any information on someone that actually has this working?

3 Likes

Points for thread title.

3 Likes

Reply this to be notified if anyone finds out how to do this…

1 Like

Also checking in to use my existing doorbell and the chime in our bedroom

you guys are deaf or live in a mansion? There is many ring tones and volume set up, mine is loud as fuc…

Been installed for a week now, Finally tested different sounds on the chime. Ugghh, you can adjust the volume but the lowest setting is still ear piercing. If they can’t adjust this through the software I will have to do the old pull apart, put cotton over the speaker trick like I did my kids toys years ago.

I get you need to be able to hear through out the house but the lowest setting is 3 times as loud as my old door bell!!

Many ring tones but all of them are horrible. Very disappointed they didn’t do a better job on them. I really hope they can be updated via software in the future. No denying it is loud AF.

1 Like

I need more classic tone options and quality. My wife prefers our original tone. It would be great to be able to power and ring the existing door bell chime.

2 Likes

My volume settings don’t seem to change anything. I can have loud or loud.

Not sure if it’s in the works, but Wyze could eventually make the Doorbell work with multiple chime boxes and sell the chime boxes separately. That way you could place additional chimes in multiple locations if it’s not loud enough with just one.

2 Likes

Yeah I think that’s already the plan.

3 Likes

and the chime is LOUD AF

3 Likes

^^ on the nose.

my volume doesn’t go quite soft enough, but it’s close and maybe…maybe…will get my lazya** roommate to answer the door. More variability in volume levels would be nice in the future. Give it time.

2 Likes