Wyze Camera Firmware Beta test 8/25/2020

Still dead, was fine that night before firmware update. Only one out of 8 that has an issue.

Same hereā€¦ someone else posted that they bricked six of their cameras ā€¦had that happened to all my 13 cameras Iā€™d be pulling my hair out in frustration

but itā€™s just the oneā€¦ surprised it wonā€™t take a factory resetā€¦ :thinking:

Guess Iā€™ll have to get another oneā€¦ Also surprised the firmware update can ā€œbrickā€ a camera like thisā€¦ Also frustrating that the only way to fix it appears to be flashing it back with an SD card and for those of us who no longer own full-blown computers anymore, thatā€™s a non-starterā€¦

Itā€™s far easier just to eat the 20 bucks, and buy a new oneā€¦ Just leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to have to do that in the first place over a firmware update. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Does your tablet have a usb port?
If so, you still donā€™t need a computer, I bought an inexpensive usb to microsd reader/writer dongle at Frys
I think it cost about $5, downloaded the file and copied
it onto the sd card.
I even used my android phone to do the same thingā€¦ A bit more of a hassle, but it worked just fine.
I hope you find a solution, Iā€™m sure itā€™s firmware related, these cameras are pretty tough.

I was just going to suggest the same thing.

1 Like

This was way easierā€¦ :wink::sunglasses::nerd_face: the new camera will be here Wednesdayā€¦ and I needed cables for my home studio tooā€¦

1 Like

$20ā€¦ Therein lies the rub but not the :moneybag::heavy_dollar_sign::heavy_dollar_sign: so much as the fact that it could happen in the first placeā€¦ Where in H$^% is the QA for this company

But when the pond comes to youā€¦
(one of my favorite GIFā€™s. Just love a Chance to share it)

2 Likes

Gotta believe I need a bigger hook

Just realized I loaded a copy of the original GIF by mistake.
Try Hooks!!