Wyze Camera Firmware Beta test 8/25/2020

Thanks, I’ll play with it tonight and let you know.

Maybe it did it before and I didn’t notice. Pan cameras upgraded today. When person or motion detection enabled. Set to pan scan. Camera will rotate between 2 points I set until it detects motion. It will then attempt to move camera to motion object… UNTIL the 10 second pan timer is up and it goes to the next waypoint regardless of any motions it was seeing. This should not be the behavior, it should stay focused on the object in motion until it no longer detects motion. Kinda worthless when there is motion and it pans away.

I got one, here’s the log number

I just realized I started another thread with the same problem. I now have 6 V2 cameras that are bricked, they won’t flash manually from sd, and they won’t connect to the app. Wyze - please help out here! We’re all kinda SOL until you give us some direction here. Please let us know the following:

• How do we manually force a flash from sd card when the camera won’t go into reset flash routine (holding reset when powering up never turns blue and reads from card)?

• How do we bring the camera back to a functional state so we can even add the devices back to our profile?

• If these are truly bricked from firmware, will Wyze offer an RMA?

Thank you and hoping to fix this asap.

Jesse

1 Like

What does it do when you do this?

Hopefully a fix on the known issues. I did noticed a few video events not on the cloud for viewing.

Updated my cameras today …one at a time at first, the first four V2s updated without a problem, one of my pan cams took a little bit longer but it finally was successful… then I hit update all the rest of the cameras updated, 13 in total), with the exception of one of the V2’s, that now is offline, and will not reconnect… solid yellow… I’ve tried power cycling it a number of times to no avail… I’ll let it sit overnight see what happens tomorrow…

I filed a ticket and sent logs…

I have noticed that the detection sensitivity seems lower with this version, I’m getting noticeably fewer movement detections at the same settings as the previous version.
Not a big deal, but thought it worth mentioning.

1 Like

Hello. You can find the instruction here to flash the firmware from a SD card:

Hello. Sorry about this inconvenience. Please try to flash the firmware to the previous version with a SD card. You can find the instruction from here: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360031490871-How-to-flash-firmware-manually

Hard as hell to catch a fish when you don’t know where the pond went

Sadly I no longer own a computer, so I cannot do that.

I’ve also tried factory resetting it a number of times but solid yellow light stays on no matter what I do I think it’s time to see if it will “blend”… Hey it lasted over a year… so time to spend another 20 bucks

Only one out of 13 cameras I’ve ever lost

What the hell does that even mean And how does it relate to the new firmware update… (Or are you just drunk posting… It is Friday night)

1 Like

Yes, I had a problem with 1 of my 8 cameras, it appears dead now, will not power on or anything.

Does it display a sold yellow indicator light?

I had 1 V2 out if 10 die… solid yellow… Power cycled & factory resets do not work…

sorry it went over your head Todd… in actuality it refers to problems discovered and the inability to find any support

By The Way, I drink now and then but a ‘drunken poster’ I am not.

I guess I’ve never heard that one…

But I am only 63… :wink:

I wish I still were… Tipping the scales of life at 77

1 Like

Are your six cameras still bricked? I had one V2 out of 13, that died, and will not factory reset… (Solid yellow light… never changes)

Just wondering if I’m the only one or not…

Did you ever get the one camera that died back up and running?

I had one of my V2s (out of 13), that died… (Solid yellow light whenever it’s plugged in), and will not factory reset…

Just wondering if I’m the only one… :thinking:

.If so, I’ll chalk it up to a coincidence and the camera just died …and I’ll buy a new one… (It is about a year old… I don’t expect a $20 camera to last forever)

I’m just trying to figure out if it’s related to the firmware upgrade …or just a coincidence…

I can’t flash the firmware from an SD card because I no longer own a computer… (Haven’t needed one in years…
A smartphone or tablet, has always sufficed… but now with the bugs in these wyze cams, I guess I have to buy a computer in order to fix them… :rofl::nerd_face::thinking:
So much for saving money) :rofl::sweat_smile: