Wyze Cam v3 & Cam Pan v2 Firmware Beta Test 9/8/2022

Not fixed the pixelation issue after freeze at the 00-01 time mark on playback, Playback still freezing at the same time mark and pixelation/corruption occurs as it did previously - IOS 15.6.1 - FW 4.6.10.2526 - Plugin version 2.35.2 - App version 2.36.0 (b6) - Attached small edited video showing the problem 1.7M in HEVC format - May need to download to view - Happy to help troubleshoot further if requested.

[Mod Note]: Re-encoded video for proper embedded viewing in web browsers.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Could you please submit a log for that issue? If you try the current official 2.34 app, will the issue still exist? Thank you.

1 Like

log ID 711302 submitted as requested - This 100% reproducible on all 3 of my V3’s and under v2.34 app you asked about. Reinstalled beta version again.

2 Likes

Thank you for the log. Is that device connected with a floodlight or other V3 accessories? Thanks.

No, nothing at all

1 Like

I have uploaded another clip, this one unedited to show true timings etc,

https://www.dropbox.com/t/FjspSV5ZJjf5oCBr

Jeremy

1 Like

Can no longer manage wyze plus in app. Have the latest beta on ios16 and was up to date on firmware in the latest testflight. When i go to a camera and to notifications and hit plus it wants to add another license but when i go to services i see that camera has a license applied. Even tried unassigning and rebooting and assigning. Also restarted the app. This is on both v3 and flood cams

Looks like its a change to cam plus vs cam plus pro. Previously face detection was just a cam plus thing so i had it on even though it stopped working several years ago. Now in the app it is under cam plus pro which i do not have so seems like some of your migrations failed to work properly when you rolled that change out. And i cannot change settings because they are behind a paywall i did not sign up for. So will likely just get rid of all my wyze cams and services and switch to rtsp and bring everything local anyway with google coral.

1 Like

Friendly faces was always intended for cam plus pro, some users just had access it to it in cam plus because they were part of a public beta when it was being tested.

Im surprised Wyze has let us continue to use it this long on CP, but going forward it’s restricted to CPP.

1 Like

FAO WyzeBaohua, I am not sure if some sort of “secret” update was rolled out over the last day or so, but having checked my cams playback again, it appears the problem described above has been fixed, providing the recording is more than hour old, playback proceeds exactly as it should. Even the older recordings from days ago!

I know I did nothing to my setup. own up. what did you do :slight_smile:

You know that the SD card saves once every minute, no?

Yes I did know, thank you. Are you perhaps inferring that this pausing should be expected because of this? If so, it is indeed strange that I have not seen any other users referring to the same problem?

Edited to expand my reply

Jeremy

Where is this update?
How do I install it?

you have to be part of the Beta Testing. To join go here:

After you join, you should get the latest Beta app if you want to test that. I also believe at this point you can go to the app, click on Account and then About. In About you will see Beta Program, select that then click the Edit in the top right. From them simply check the boxes next to the devices you would like to get Beta Firmware for. Save the changes, back out, then go to Firmware update and you should see the Beta Firmware if one is available

2 Likes

Pixelation still not fixed. Any update on this?

See my post above, looks to me that you are suffering from a similar freeze at around the 1 minute mark after which it recovers and then the pixelation occurs? Would you agree?

Suggest you submit a log FAO WyzeBaohua

Jeremy

That is only a 15 second clip. Not sure what you mean by looks like it’s around the 1 minute mark. It freezes after only a few seconds for me. Usually twice. Plus, the video is pixelated everywhere. The last firmware update helped clear that up a little, but it’s still not as clear as it used to be. Then, there are those really bad motion break-ups with trails.

Take a look at my post 7 days ago - I was able to reproduce the problem 100% on all 3 of my V3 cams - at the 00-01 seconds mark the video froze and when playback eventually resumed. the pixelation occurs. From your video clip it appears to be very similar, only yours occurs at the 02 seconds mark. I should also add that your’s is the first post I have seen that looks very similar to my problem.

Try this if you don’t mind, in playback mode. go to a point at about the 55 second mark and let it play, does the same thing occur at the same point (the 02 second mark) or very close to it. Try this on a recent recording no more than 30 minutes previous from live.

Jeremy

1 Minute mark I was referring to is the real time as indicated in the bottom right In your case 10:23:02

So… after lots of diagnostics, no less by @WyzeBaohua as well (thank you for all that support), we’ve come to some clarity as to why I had issues with BETA updates in “remembering” the wifi configurations. Apparently it was due to a custom DNS entry on my router. I’ve temporarily removed it for testing purposes, but it’s a bit unfortunate that my use of DoT (DNS over TLS) isn’t supported. It would be optimal if I could split things, perhaps with a VLAN, that uses standard DNS for Wyze/IoT devices and then DoT for all other traffic. It’s a bit unusual how a choice of DNS could affect the functionality of the device/update, but I’ll leave that for Wyze to figure out. I would expect the behaviour of the device that if it failed to reach the preferred DNS’ that at most it would result in lost/no connectivity, but not for it to self-destruct the configurations.

5 Likes