• Fixed a bug that removed the audio from the live stream on Android

• Fixed a bug that caused pixelated video

• Fixed a bug that caused live stream connection failure

• Fixed a bug that caused broken microSD recording

• Fixed a bug that prevented the turn-off in-app function from working

• Improved event logging

• Bug fixes

• Security improvements

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

WYZE CAM PAN V2 BETA

Version: 4.49.3.2526

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused the HD bitrate to drop when switching to 360P

• Fixed a bug that removed the audio from the live stream on Android

• Fixed a bug that caused live stream connection failure

• Fixed a bug that caused broken microSD recording

• Fixed a bug that prevented the turn-off in-app function from working

• Improved event logging

• Bug fixes

• Security improvements

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.

[Mod Edit] Space within the version numbers removed for better searchability.

6 Likes

Updated 4 v3s without issue.

3 Likes

Of my 15 V3 cameras, 2 are dead, one has RTSP firmware, and the dashcam is out of WiFi coverare. The remaining 11 updated fine…

1 Like

Are you saying that this update made 2 of your cameras go non-responsive, or that they were already non-responsive so you weren’t able to even try the update, but all 11 of the ones you tried updated as expected?

1 Like

Just installed the update on 7 v3’s and 1 Pan v2 without issue. I used the Firmware Update page.

The Camera live feed load time seems to be extremely fast now. Kudo’s to Wyze on this. Hope it continues to load as fast.

1 Like

No. Of my 15 V3 cameras, one I killed many months ago while adding an external antenna, and one died earlier this year (and was replaced under warranty).
Correct, all 11 cameras that were possible to update, did update all at once from the firmware update page. I need to update the V2 and the V3 that are in my truck while I am at home in WiFi coverage.

2 Likes

I told 7 V3’s and 1 Pan2 to all update at the same time from the Account Tab → Firmware update.
5 V3’s and the Pan2 all updated first try.

2 V3’s said the update failed, but I don’t think they even attempted to update. I was in the room for one of them and it definitely never tried to powercycle or anything. So I told those 2 to try again, and they were both successful.

Re: Functionality –

• The pixelation issue is confirmed as fixed. I tried duplicating events that almost always caused pixelation blurring and skipping in the past, but the new firmware recorded everything properly with no pixelation/blurring/skipping. GREAT job Wyze Team :+1:
  • Sound for Live streaming is confirmed as resolved.

I didn’t experience the other listed issues (Broken recording, turn-off issue, bitrate drop, etc) so I can’t comment on a difference with those, but they seem to be fine.

One thing that wasn’t mentioned as new, but SHOULD BE mentioned: I think this is the firmware that is supposed to fix the lamp socket timer issue. I’ll have to do some testing to be sure, but it was my understanding this one would have that included.

3 Likes

@WyzeDesmond @WyzeBaohua
I can confirm that the Lamp socket timer is working with this firmware…BUT instead of staying on as long as there is no movement and then start the timer after movement stops, it will always shut off exactly X minutes after the movement is first triggered.

So for example, if someone comes to your front door, the lamp will turn on, but if you have it set to 1 minute or 3 minutes and you stand at the front door and talk to the visitor for 1-3 minutes, then even though you are all still present and have ongoing movement, and an ongoing recorded video event, the lights will turn off on everyone even though you’re all still there. Now it’s dark, and the light won’t turn back again right away because it needs a NEW event to trigger the light, but the event is still ongoing, so you are all just stuck in the dark. It should leave the lamp sockets on for the entire event and leave the lights on for X minutes after there is no motion. That would make the most sense. This may not be an “issue” as it may be functioning how it is “intended” to work now (I swear when I first got them them they would stay ON the entire time someone was present though), but it’s worth giving feedback that it doesn’t function very well this way even if designed thus.

In case it helps for some reason to have an example:
Lamp Socket log 709948

3 Likes

Based on the responses, it seems promising! I seem to be one of the few that have the weird “won’t remember wifi on restart” issue, so I’m hoping that it won’t plague this release! I’m going to try some internal cameras first (ones I can reach without scaling a ladder) and then roll it out to my more critical/external cameras that require more effort in the event the update doesn’t work as planned. Fingers crossed and hoping after 3-4 past beta iterations that have been really problematic for me, that this one is more successful!

1 Like

Ok folks… really looking for some advice from the forum experts and any Wyze employee willing to take a shot at this. This has been an ongoing problem for the past 3-4 beta releases and while there have been talk about certain MAC addresses (e.g. batch productions) that seem to trip the problem, I’m at a loss.

I just applied an OTA upgrade on a v3 from 4.36.9.139 to 4.36.10.2526. Camera took the update and upon restart, failed to reconnect to the wireless because of the “forget wifi settings on restart” bug. I proceeded to add it back using the setup procedure as it was blinking red/blue to connect to a network. Device added successfully. I performed a soft-restart through the app and as it booted up, once again, forgot wifi settings. This is extremely frustrating as beta or new firmware releases are integral to fixing issues and enhancements, meaning that now I have products that might not be able to be upgraded without issues (because there hasn’t been a new stable in a while, so I can’t even verify whether it can go beyond the existing .139 without this bug).

I decide to go all the way, with a complete wipe and re-add as if I just purchased the device. I completely deleted the camera record in the app and perform a factory reset WITH the SD card out. I then kept the card out (just in case something on the card is messing it up) and did a factory restore. Once again, added the camera back onto my account, RENAMED it to something completely different and set it up from scratch. I did not pop the SD card back in. I verified the version loaded was still 4.36.10.2526 and proceeded to do a soft restart. It is now back to the blue/red waiting to connect to a network state again. No matter what I do, SD card in, SD card out, factory reset or no reset, these cameras upon taking new betas just refuse to remember the wifi settings. It’s ugly because it makes helping to test out beta releases impossible with this barrier. Did I just get unlucky I buy my cameras all with crappy production lot and that all have the same defect?

If you see errors in how I’ve re-set it up, let me know so I can step through it again. I’ll leave my camera on my desk since this isn’t a critical camera that MUST be functional.

Also, does anyone have the SD-card based firmware update for this beta? I wonder if the OTA one is bugging things up and if I flash by card, it will alleviate this issue. I’m willing to give it a shot before this camera gets blown apart by my glock into smithereens.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this report. I will send this feedback to dev team and discuss.

2 Likes

You did some good troubleshooting, lots of things I would’ve tried.

It sounds like you need to try a factory reset firmware flash going back to a much earlier production firmware to see if one of the earlier ones resolve this for you. Looks like the earliest allowed now is the April 25th 2022 firmware 4.36.9.131 I would go flash back to that one with full factory reset and removing it off your account. See if that restores some functionality for the moment. If it does, you can try updating to the latest beta again and see if that works better from there.

They rarely provide that for public Beta tests, though there are exceptions for special cases. I wouldn’t count on it though.

2 Likes

Finally got all of the cams updated. A few took multiple tries, one took about 10. The pixelation and jumping are definitely fixed, but the several that had the slow motion event uploads and also had the 2x sd card replay still remain unfixed. These same cams have been having the issue since the first new security beta. All affected cams have the exact same symptoms, event uploads play at .5 speed and sd card playback is at 2x speed. Is this a known issue and maybe a fix is in the future? I have tired clearing cache, format sd, and multiple reboots. FWIW these cams are the ones that took multiple tries to update.

3 Likes

Same here for playback of event uploads (0.5x speed). SD card playback is at 1x (the correct) speed, however.

Later on today I’m going to try removing the cam from my account, factory reset it, and set it up from scratch and see what happens.

UPDATE: No change after resetting camera. Playback of event uploads are still at 0.5x speed.

1 Like

Hi @WyzeDesmond , I’ve followed through with @carverofchoice recommendations and while there was a moment of hopefulness, it ended up in despair… Here are the steps taken…

Reverted through SD-card flash to 4.36.9.131
Factory Reset
Setup to account successful
Soft restart via app, camera reconnected to wireless within 5 seconds

Updated via OTA to 4.36.10.2526
Camera restarted AND kept proper wireless settings, thus reconnecting on its own
Went to settings page and verified that 4.36.10.2526 took properly
… at this point, there was hope this was the cure-all
Soft restart via app, camera went into flashing blue/red state and forgot wireless settings again

Factory Reset
Setup to account successful
Soft restart via app, camera went into flashing blue/red state and forgot wireless settings again

And… all hope is once again lost :mending_heart:

2 Likes

Did nothing for the pixelation issue.

Thank you very much for the feedback. We will check what happened on that device after restarting. Could you please get the SD card log from that device after the device becomes flashing blue/red state again?

Here are the instructions to retrieve your camera log:
(please do not unplug your device after issue happened, otherwise the log will be lost)

1. Insert your micro SD card into the camera SD card slot (at the base of the camera). If it is already in the device, please take it out and reinsert the card.
  2. After hearing two ‘ding’ sounds (in about 5 seconds), take out the SD card
  3. Use a PC or a Mac machine to read the SD card. Under the root (or log) directory, there will be a log file starting with “log_xxxxx”. That is the log file we need. If you see more of the log files, please select the one matching your device MAC ID (at the bottom of your camera).
4 Likes

Flood light cam v3 goes offline (error code 90), just like previous beta. Both my other v3 cams (not floodlight) work fine with the new beta. I’m reverting (again) to previous release to get it working again. I hope this is will eventually be resolved before final release. I tried using different DNS servers as requested, but still doesn’t work with betas, but works fine with last release.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. For the floodlight cam, do you mind factory resetting it and try to update to the beta firmware again? If it’s still offline after update, could you please help us get some SD card log files? Thank you very much.

2 Likes