Wyze Cam v3 Beta, 2.33 App RC test 7/14/2022

I was viewing some footage from last night and even noticed some kind of weird time-warp/skip thing.

The above video shows what was captured on the CLOUD version of the capture event. Note the timestamp.

The above video shows what happens when I recall a recording from the SD card. Pay careful attention to the timestamp, especially towards the end of the video. Almost 50s of lost footage in some kind of time-jump, if it wasn’t for the cloud recording, there would have been very little remnant of the event. On the SD card, it goes from nothing to the car part way down the street already.

1 Like

Thanks. I don’t see that on mine. Here is a downloaded event:

Could be a corrupt sector on the SD card. It skipped an entire 1 minute segment (the SD card is recorded 1 minute at a time).

I’d consider pulling out the SD card and running a scan to see if you can have any bad sectors auto-skipped from now on.

1 Like

That is what I am thinking… Or a Full Card and the Overwrite is flawed.

1 Like

I see the same on 13 v3 cams running 4.36.10.2163. Events and SD footage. Blocky, choppy, mess. It’s the firmware. I see the same result viewing under current and old production and beta apps.

Wife answered the door, “Shalom!”. They left.

I’d post vids from previous firmware version, but I don’t think it’s necessary. :grin:

4 Likes

Would you be willing to Format your SD Card and see if the issue disappears after you formatted?

I have seen issues where a Full Card starts to act a little flaky and then after formatting, things see to clear up.

Hmmm Interesting, mine is not like that on both iOS and Android. Is your SD Card Full?

Sure, I don’t think there have been any adverse events around the neighbourhood lately (hopefully not, and if luck would have it, someone’s gonna come asking for historical footage… HAHA). Thanks, @carverofchoice for that thought as well. I’ll try the format first since it does not involve me getting to my camera :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Some are and some aren’t.

Those posted vids are cloud events.

1 Like

So was mine, all of my Cloud events are as fluid and clear as that. If you record the the SD Card, time is split between writing to the cloud and writing to the Card. Not sure what or how they are doing it, I know what I would be doing, as a developer :slight_smile:

Not too long ago I had an issue with some choppy Cloud Video, cleared my SD Card and restarted the camera and the issue was corrected.

Could be something simple to try and narrow where the issue could be.

Ok, so after this prompt from @spamoni and @carverofchoice, I just realized I wanted to see if my other camera at another angle caught the event. SUPER WEIRD MOMENT here… on my other camera, the SAME timewarp happened where it jumped that minute… so… two SD cards on totally different camera having the same issue at the same moment, on the same SD card sector? If I’m that lucky, I’m going to be the next lotto winner.

Also, I was just about to format, only to see that it was not in overwrite mode because I just remembered that a few days ago when I ran into the issues with 4.36.10.2163, I formatted the SD cards on ALL my cameras. Therefore, all the cameras SD (from a storage standpoint) should be relatively “clean”.

Unfortunately, because my other camera angle has a unique coverage, for security reasons, I’m not going to post a video of it, but it has that same jump from 23 to 23:01

3 Likes

LOL, maybe you should.

thanks for verifying. Trying to determine what the differences could be.

I am set to continuous recording, are you?

1 Like

In your clip the blocky pixelated blurry squares come in and out by car in driveway and with moving vehicle on road. Hard to see because most of the imaGe in clip is static

Let me check that… :slight_smile: Maybe my eyes are getting worse. :slight_smile:

EDIT

So just looked again, and I do see the shadow do a sudden shift. I was looking at the car and coloring for Pixelation or Stutter on the car.

But it is miniscule on mine, not like @Seapup provided. Amazing the difference.

thanks for pointing that out

I’m running over 30 v3 cams. The only ones with issues are loaded with beta 4.36.10.2163. None of my other cam types have this issue either, only v3 running 4.36.10.2163.

Also, the issues started as soon as this firmware version was loaded. I guess it’s a moot point as this version has been halted. I just hope the issue isn’t carried over to the next beta version.

2 Likes

Yea, I get it. It must be the Firmware, which we all know was halted. Hopefully a fix is forthcoming.

1 Like

What SEAPUP posted is what I am experiencing, blocky pixelated video quality in live view, recorded continuous to sdcard, and also cloud clips with new Beta broke firmware…

Also some clips won’t upload and save to wyze cloud automatically like it’s supposed to do, I have cam plus and also most clips Broken, skip frames and seconds of time and also not full length like previously…

Has nothing to do with wyze apps, it’s all from broke new beta firmware, before updating, had none of these issues, others have lost camera completely and need warranty exchange…

A bEta bios should not brick cameras, or bReak functionality some how…

So strange, and wyze needs to allow users to manual update or downgrade firmware versions remotely instead of sdcard only…

2 Likes

I offered to post some before/after comparison videos and logs about a week ago, but got no response. I’m sure Wyze has plenty to chew on for now. :+1:

1 Like

Ya, it’s nice to “talk it out” with others here, especially those more experienced, so it’s appreciated that we see if we can help move this forward. I’ve done beta for a long time, but it has been this one that has caused the most grief, particularly because of these issues are “operationally breaking”. Considering if that video I showed you actually resulted in an incident, that loss of a minute of recording would be highly problematic - or because that camera is still on 4.36.10.2163 that it just decided to die at that time, resulting on me not even knowing that ANYTHING happened.

I am set to continuous record on all my cameras, I don’t find “event recording” useful due to the… uhh… lack of reliability sometimes when events aren’t caught/sensed.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that. Getting LOTS of failed to upload errors, -2004 errors and other error codes, some videos run for a few seconds and then fail. Zooming in on a view is now completely unrecognizable.

You should consider loading beta firmware only to non-critical cameras as sometimes we get beta lemons. You still have the option to manually flash back to a previous version if you need to.

1 Like