Wyze Cam Monthly Updates — May 2018

Just load your own firmware (OpenIPC) on it and bypass WyzeCam… not a paperweight in that scenario.

Fantastic! Thanks for the link!

I second that motion, sharing of video only no audio

[Bookmarking]

You think that $20 paperweight is expensive you ought to see my Arlo Q $149 paperweight if that company goes belly up, this one doesn’t even have a SD card to record to or a way to flash it as some suggested doing with WYZECAM

It would be nice to have motion detected markers on the playback timeline. When you play back video, you can scroll to motion points without knowing the exact time it happened.

I like the flat black camera. The white one jumps out and announces itself by being white.

I agree, an outside camera would be nice.

Only addendum I thought of was temperature/humidity data. Not sure if those sensors are present on the current hardware, but maybe a future hardware upgrade.

My top three would be:

1 - Push notifications on a per-camera basis (on my outside-facing cameras it can too easily be an animal or a large wind, but if something moves on the inside cameras I definitely want to know about it!)

2 - Shorter delay between motion detections (e.g., if it get’s someone going up my driveway I want to know when/if they went back down, but with the delay I’m never sure)

3 - Notification if a camera goes offline

Not asking for much, but an outside camera would be nice.

I would like to be able to view both of my Wyzecams in real time, at the same time. I now can do this with Tinycam, but it loads oh so slowly…

also, it would be nice if the audio sensitivity adjustment can be revisited, as I noted awhile back that it was MUCH TOO SENSITIVE!!!

#5 - It does (at least on the iOS app).

Since a new camera is coming out this May 30th…any incentives for current customers to get the new version?

I don’t have any inside info, but I would guess that the price point is not going to allow for much if any discounting, even for current customers.

Good stuff!

As far as a wishlist goes:

• A web portal for viewing/interfacing with the camera from my desktop/laptop browser
  • The ability to set multiple alert windows
  • A home/away setting that mutes notifications when I set it to "home"
  • A feature where tapping on a sound/motion notification actually brings you to that event in the notification list inside the app.

Yes!

The most important features for me are Samsung SmartThings compatibility, or at least an API that allows the community developers to write a device handler. Need to be able to read the state and control the Wyze camera from SmartThings. That way the camera picking up motion for instance, could be used to trigger SmartThigs routines.

The second wish is to be able to view the live feed through a web browser.

1 Like

any chance the implementation of the motion detection zone will have more granularity by including free hand drawing or broken up into 9 zones, etc? as it is right now, i would have to make it small and lose some areas or make it bigger but include areas I don’t want/need.

it would definitely save a lot of false alerts and unnecessary cloud recordings. right now, the way my wyzecam is positioned, it’s slanted and not 90 degree perpendicular. therefore, rectangular settings don’t work as well.

I’ll add my voice to those who have requested that push notifications be configurable per device. That would be just awesome!