Wyze Cam Monthly Updates — May 2018

It would be nice to be able to:

1. Turn off IR night light on particular cameras while leaving Night mode active.
  2. Set variable record times for motion or sound record activation instead of set 12 second videos.
  3. Set variable record times for motion or sound record activation for sd card recording.

I may have missed it, what about Chromecast option?

I would like to be able to use my camera on 5G,

+1 for live stream via a webpage.

+1

Would like to be able to use my Wyze cam from inside a window with the IR LEDs off with night vision on (as an option). I already have IR illuminators outside.

1. I would like the ability to schedule different days and times during the day for alerts.
  2. I wold like the ability to login from a web browser on my desktop and monitor the cameras from there, just like on the app.
  3. Ability to have the recordings made to a local system on my network at home.

@mobile.jray

Were you able to get the Wyze Cam working with BlueIris using OpenIPC? Very curious.

Thanks.

Outdoor camera

YES

Google integration

LED control - per a schedule ideally (not just IFTTT). I’m having issues with one cam LEDs turning on and off constantly, resulting in motion alerts so I have to leave LED on all the time. Need to be able to control that schedule and override auto switching

Agreed. Web browser integration would be a welcomed addition, including access to recordings. I used to have Canary cameras and that’s basically the only thing I miss.

+1

1. Notification regardless of the 5 mins cool down period (even if the video is not uploaded to the cloud). It can just access directly to the SD card video. So I can also use it reliably for motion sensors.
  2. Jump to the next video event without having to pinpoint directly using my fat finger (like EZViz cameras)
  3. Alerts with the actual snapshot of the event that happened (like EZViz cameras) (even better zoom in pictures of the event for the icon)
  4. Group the push notification together or by devices. I just started with 2 cameras and I always have 10-20 notifications from my phone notifications.
  5. Clicking the notification should go directly to either the video or at least the Wyze notification lists.
  6. Create time lapse from recorded videos in the SD card.
  7. Accessing the cameras sometimes takes way too long.
  8. Sharing the videos always failed for me. Never works.
  9. Google integration and chromecast.
Hope this helps.

Agreed. Looks like port 80 is already active but you can’t get there. Let us log in via web browser and view / download our videos from there.

I would like to see ONVIF compliance so that we could stream the video from this camera to a digital recorder

• Web browser integration … good work team Wyze !

With all the updated improvements I’d be disconnecting my Arlos. lol

~ GKU

How about a flat (not glossy) black camera with a black cord.

An outside camera would be nice.

A toggle on the main page to turn on/off all cameras.

OK, here’s my biggest request: Being able to log into the camera without going through WyzeCam.

A few weeks ago you had a server issue that prevented us from logging in and seeing our cameras. What happens if WyzeCam goes belly up in a few years, or is bought out by a competitor who simply shuts down your service? Instant paperweights! I really hope this never happens.

Granted, I know we won’t be able to view cloud storage if something like this happens, but what about viewing video stored on the memory cards without having to remove it from the camera, or viewing live video? Best reason to have direct access to the cameras I can think of.

Just some food for thought.

First of all, dozens of us have been posting our wishlist suggestions in the Forum for the past few months. Please don’t make us dig those up and post them again. It’s as if you were ignoring us.

I think one of my first requests was to allow sharing the camera with video only, no audio. My cameras are inside, pointing out. I don’t mind others seeing the outside view, but I don’t want them hearing every conversation inside the house. I still want the audio recorded, though.