Wyze App 2.24 Beta Test; Wyze Robot Vacuum Firmware Beta Test 8/18/2021

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay, Just got back to the computer. @Seapup provided the image.

Thanks @Seapup

1 Like

Just checked my iOS device and verified the @WildBill is correct in that you can get to the AI settings via the Event Tab or the Account area.

However, there is a difference in the two area’s.

When getting to it via the Event Tab on the Selected Camera you see:

But when I get to it via the Account Location I see the following:

As you can see there is a difference in the AI selections.

As Stated above, you cannot set the AI selection with an Android Device, but it even seems the AI selection list with iOS is has its own issues.

@WyzeHongfei @Yichen

This is proving to be a bigger issue than originally expected. Wanted to pass on the urgency myselfg and others are experiencing. I have 2 devices iOS and Android, which allows me to test in each and compare. However, not everyone has this luxury.

@carverofchoice I can set the AI setting on iOS but as you can see there is a difference between the different locations in iOS.

2 Likes

So, I left my bricked vac off the charger all day today. When I came home from work, the lights were off. It wouldn’t turn on by holding the power button down.
Put it on the charger…right back to the white lights fading in and out. :weary:

This inconsistent AI setting should be fixed in iOS v2.24.26, and the missing AI setting page has been fixed in Android v2.24.14. The iOS version is available in TestFlight. The Android one should be available soon.

2 Likes

You are amazing and great. I will be looking for the update and test.

Much appreciate the feedback. Please tell the team thanks and kudo’s.

1 Like

Just checked, the iOS updated version is not in TestFlight yet nor is the updated Android app in the Google Store. I will keep checking.

I get the second version (without face recognition) either way I get into it.

2 Likes

True – Thankfully I have iOS and Android. So I have otpions which others may not have.

BTW: you saw the post by BZHU of wyze. They fixed the AI issues for both iOS and Android. They are releasing the updated version to TestFlight and the Android Store.

Any update on the bricked vacuums? I don’t want this to get buried as this is a serious issue.

3 Likes

Some of the other updates have not gotten much attention in the comments so I wanted to address a couple of them:

This is awesome! I edited and added this to several of my scheduled rules and I am so happy this is here so I don’t have to keep fixing the times on my rules, and it includes options to let me set how long before or after sunrise to have the rules take effect! This is awesome Wyze team, THANK YOU!

Not sure what this means. At first I was excited thinking it meant we could schedule it to automatically turn on or off in rules, but since it says “for new customers” I am guessing it is something dealing with set-up, like that it forces people to start their HMS subscription immediately when they set up the Hub, rather that doing like I did and trying it out without the HMS subscription for a couple of weeks first, just to see what it’s like without the subscription. Then I activated the subscription a couple of weeks later. So, now everyone gets the subscription force-activated immediately? That’s all I can think of what this means.

I did not notice any difference. Does anyone know what changed here? It looks the same to me, but I never paid super close photographic memory attention…but if there are changes, I am guessing they are small unnoticeable tweaks?

2 Likes

You have to use the latest beta app version to see the spot cleaning option

2 Likes

So when you click into the WRV page, are you still seeing it’s offline or it looks normal and you can initiate a cleaning task?
A good example is:
did you see this when you click into the robot vacuum page?

Why I am asking this is that there is a known issue that the offline status icon on the device list page is not refreshed after the fw update, but the WRV page is still working properly.

when you say ‘offline in app’, what exactly did you see? Did you see this? Have you clicked into the vacuum page? Is the vacuum page normal?

Contacted support about vacuum lights flashing - they were not aware of the issue and just suggested the normal troubleshooting steps none of which work. They suggested warranty replacement may be necessary but I said I would hold off another day or two before going that route. Not looking good…

I have submitted a support ticket #141094.

I believe I have a bricked unit.

But to describe what happened.

1. The update started.
  2. I came back to the app to find the vacuum (Franklin) offline.
  3. When I came home (2 hours later). Franklin was slowly blinking (both Home & Power), simultaneously.
  4. I could hold power and Franklin would turn off and on (I did this away from the charger).
  5. Holding both buttons produced no voice telling me to pair with Wifi.
  6. Holding Home for 20 seconds did not factory reset the unit either. No verbal command of anything. (I had removed Franklin from the app at this point.).

I hope that helps. No big deal on my end. Things happen. Franklin was a good man. He did his job well. I will welcome his successor with arms wide open.

-Earl

1 Like

@WyzeHongfei - The 2 examples of the vacuum being offline in the app is exactly what I saw in my application.

1 Like

Ditto! I modified 2 rules that I’ve been manually changing weekly and they kicked off at sunrise -x mins and sunset + x mins perfectly today. Thank you Wyze! This is going to be a big time-saving hit :+1:

Big difference… the old-style regular bulb UI has been completely redesigned to be consistent with the color bulb UI. Going to be a lot of complaining for those unfamiliar with the new UI. But after using it for a while, it makes more sense, is more streamlined and saves time.

I love the new theme for AI Events. Out with cyan/teal and in with purply-blue…looks like @UserCustomerGwen had input. My favorite colors! :smiley:

2 Likes

@WyzeHongfei Yes I see the red Offline message when I open the vacuum screen.

I’m not a fan of the UI for the lights because it’s hard to select/deselect lights quickly. Especially with multiple lights… it spans the UI and scrolls to the right (I have 6 in one room). For the most part, I don’t have to go into because I preset things. I would like to be able to use Scenes as a result of a trigger.

Love the sunrise/sunset stuff. Great idea. Purple stuff rocks as well. I have detected 231 cars with my cam plus subscription. My personal car is detected at least 20 times a night. lol.

1 Like