Wildlife detection for Cam Plus

OH and all that looks beyond overwhelming cause it is, but there is a discord where the creator/developer, and people like you, are in there 24/7 to answer any question you have, literally within minutes if not seconds. And the feature list grows, quite literally, daily. Scrypted is unrecognizable from what it was a year ago, and a year from now, I can only imagine…

And it’s not just video. Scrypted automates my lights, my Wyze garage door opener, it shows who is at the front door on my TV, etc. Honestly, HomeAssistant just gets in the way, I don’t even use it anymore, it’s an unnecessary layer and more work, that Scrypted can do all on it’s own.

A lot of this is not google-able since like I said it literally adds features by the day, and it’s so far ahead from what it was even months ago, that ChatGPT knows nothing lol. (Also because Discord doesn’t show in google results).

2 Likes

Love your “Live” Demo !!! Very few errors (maybe the red car tagged as animal was because it was Mustang?). Can you provide a link to Scrypted?

1 Like

Oh it’s not mine lol, I’m just a fan. And it really is live, from Seattle. The dev/creator of Scrypted has it running at his house, and that “demo” is just a live interactive feed. https://www.scrypted.app/

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! That is helpful I am now convinced to try Scrypted as soon as I setup my server, at least for camera stuff.

I didn’t even realize before today that Scrypted did stuff with lighting and sensors automation and everything else that home assistant does. It’s hard to believe it’s on the same level when home assistant is one of the all-time most successful and active open source projects, But I love the competition and will certainly look into it more now.

1 Like

It’s still new, everything Scrypted, is, but with the dev support and the discord, you have a crazy strong community. Right now with automation a lot of mine are shell scripts and javascript, which were entirely written for me by GPT4, I can’t code. But the fact that you can take a motion sensor and just have it trigger any script you want is just… well it’s HA lol, but HA needs Scrypted more Scrypted needs HA – in MY use case. Every setup is different obviously, and 99% of people would still use a layer in addition, but for all my Wyze/ Alexa / Tplink (and tapo and kasa) / Google (and Nest) / IP Cams, I really don’t need another layer as of a few months ago. But again, 99% of people won’t just drop HA / HB, at this point.

2 Likes