Why am I only getting 7 sec. recordings on my Outdoor Camera?

Seems that no matter what setting change I make, the recordings always seem to be 7 to 8 seconds max. The cool down is correct, but every trigger on makes these short burst recordings. I am camplus and have a micro SD card installed as well.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Recordings normally stops once the event ends to conserve battery. In your events area, does the recording end while the event is still going on? Being a CamPlus user, you can also set the options for record length and cool down, which I am sure you knew by the reference of cool down. I set my cool down to 30 seconds and the record length to 2 minutes. But again, it will stop when he event or motion ends.

Hi. Yes this happens while the event is happening. I have somehow been able to increase the amount of time, but no more that 38 seconds. I have the record time set to 2 minutes for now, but I can trigger the camera and stay in motion area doing jumping jacks, at the event recordings will vary from 7 second to now a max of 38 second, I have been playing with cool down and have gone down to even no cool down and it will not record a 1 minute video let alone a 2 minute.

1 Like

I have not experienced this, but I have removed the SD Card as I recall it only stores what is being sent to the cloud anyway. It functions differently from the v2 and v3. I do know there is a difference between putting it into the base vs the camera as well.

With that said, and just trouble shooting it, have you tried removing the SD card to see if it could be causing the issue? In addition, which I am sure you tried, have you power cycled the WCO?

Ever find solution to this? Similar issue I just posted here, no SD card and cam lite:

1 Like

I have the same issue. No one really explains the cool down period. If no cool down is selected does that mean the recording stops as soon as the event stops? Or does it continue for the duration of the cool down if it’s set differently. I get a 7 second recording that starts half way through the event. Usually when a person is already walking away from the house as oppressed to facing the camera.

1 Like

You need to have Cam Plus to select no cooldown (Usually) If you do scheduled event recording to the SD card in the camera it will record as long as there is motion, cam plus should do the same, record as long as there is motion. The cooldown period is the amount of time the camera will not record between events 1-5 minutes . I have cam plus lite, cameras are set for 1 min cooldown for cloud event recordings and they will record a 12 second video even if the motion stops. I am also doing Scheduled Event Recording with no cooldown period to the SD cards in the cams which record until motion stops or up to the 2 minute time limit I set for each video. I am using iOS app 2.29.2 ,Base firmware 4.16.2.66 and camera firmware 4.17.4.124.

The issue here is no matter what setting I choose, including the 1-min cooldown for cam lite, I only get 6 seconds of a recording. It’s only one of my three outdoor cams - all on latest firmware and same base station.

I’ll try factory defaulting this cam soon and report back. No other options left.

1 Like

Hi rwillus,
Were you ever able to resolve the issue with 6-second recording times?
I have the same problem with Cam Plus and an Outdoor Cam.
I’ve changed all the settings, done a reboot, unsubscribed and resubscribed, all to no avail.
I’m about to give up on the camera and return it to Home Depot.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @rbarrett328. Factory defaulting it and removing/adding back to the system finally worked. Strange bug.

2 Likes

I have the same problem. Obviously there’s no reset for the wise cam outdoor.