Where is vacuum backer reward?

Thank you for the thoughtful reply, I did not feel left out in communications by Wyze, but perhaps my expectations are different than what your expectations are…

I did not receive a communications that I saw from Wyze, (perhaps I missed it), telling me that the free promo cameras were “on the way”, or “they were being sent out”, or a “promise”, did you?

Oh wouldn’t you know… My backer V3 came in the mail today.

Thank you WYZE!

1 Like

Yes, I did get it’s on the way and the date it was to be shipped and that’s my only problem is because nothing else came and I still don’t have anything. Sorry you didn’t get the same communication.

Just got my v3 backer reward vis USPS.

I got mine today, and was not unhappy with the wait. The email sent indicated they would start shipping 2/22. Being notified it was shipped on the 4th, which is less than 2 weeks is acceptable to me… Just getting a Free Camera for pre-ordering another Wyze product is amazing. I personally will not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thank you for sharing!

If you have a copy of that message I would most interested in the exact wording Wyze used. The wording you quoted seems contradictory, how can it be “on the way”, and then a date to be shipped given. It can’t be both… In any case, a copy of the original will sort this out instantly.

If a message were sent, inferring a shipment date, and that date was not met, then a correction should have been sent. I look forward to seeing the original.

I am posting the message Wyze sent, assuming this is the message being discussed.

It indicates they will start shipping on the 22nd. I have no reason to say they did not start shipping on the 22nd, Mine was shipped n the 4th, which is acceptable to me.

Wyze Robot Vacuum Backer Rewards are about to ship!

Hey, friend!

This is your final opportunity to verify and/or update your shipping address before we start shipping Wyze Cam v3 devices to Wyze Robot Vacuum backers.

Please make sure that we have the right info on file before the end of the day on Friday , February 19th. We’re going to start processing orders through the weekend and we will start shipping devices by Monday , February 22nd!

Can’t wait to (finally) get your cam to you. We’re sending lots of love from Seattle. 💖

– Jimmy from Wyze

I own a number of Wyze products too. The robo vac took a while to get operating properly…almost sent it back due to issues, but finally got it working. And for the price it’s amazing. The fact that I’m going to get a freebie $20 camera as a supporter is icing on the cake…and if it takes a month longer to get to me, I’m not worried. It’s a bonus…and I still need to figure out where I’ll install it since I already have most of the home covered with Wyze cameras. I did just receive a notice that my V3 camera has been shipped…so I am expecting it soon,

I still have some minor issues with how the Wyze robo vac works (or doesn’t)… One example: it locked itself in the bathroom on the main floor last week…so now we need to prop that door open firmly so the robo can’t inadvertently swing it closed and then die trying to fight its way out of that prison for the next 2 hours, I felt horrible for it when we arrived home and discovered it was jammed against the inside surface of that door… to open the door we had to push the robo back, so we could get inside there and rescue it. Also have issues with being able to edit the map and divide rooms correctly, The map editor doesn’t recognize one existing large wall at all…so it won’t let me connect dividers to any point on it…so I can’t separate the rooms in a logical way…which (if I could) would allow me to divide up the vacumming work in a logical way. But since it doesn’t recognize this entire wall as a “wall” I can’t do that. It does see the wall as a barrier…but doesn’t treat it correctly…a glitch in the software.

Thank you for taking the time to both look up, and post that message. That is a message I remember getting as well. However, based on the responses posted here on the list, I thought there was a subsequent message promising delivery dates, etc. I guess if one was sent, someone will post it, as you did. Again, thank you.

So at this point, here is where this issue stands:
Wyze said that they would start shipping on the 22nd of February, that really means that on the evening of the 22nd, USPS picks up, or Wyze drop off, so that means the first day the USPS could have handled anything was February 23rd.

My camera arrived on March 9th. Someone said they got their camera a day earlier than that. So from the mentioned shipment date, to day before yesterday, a total of thirteen days elapsed.

The USPS says it can take between 2 and 9 days to ship within the USPS. As a real world aside, I recently sent a small package via 3-Day USPS Express, two weeks later it arrived…

That leaves four whole days unaccounted for by Wyze…

So-- based on what facts we can glean from all of this, and removing all the conjecture, the misquotes of what Wyze said, then decoupling all the rhetoric about broken promises and loss of trust, while at the same time ignoring the entire “backers” issue, I don’t see a problem,

Four days delay is not an issue for me… In fact I would like to thank Wyze for the communications level, and free camera, stacked on top of a damn good Robot Vacuum for a really decent price.

1 Like

Like you, I am very happy with the Robot Vacuum, however, again, like you, I am having similar issues with the room editor. It is quite finicky about where it will let me place a dividing line to separate areas. I have used the RED BLOCK area marker to build a few walls to help it along in places.

One interesting failure is this:
In my home I have a central area which is totally enclosed, (entry closet, under stairwell, and HVAC), the Robot Vacuum has defined that area as being inaccessible, it is walled in 100%, it shows on the map as being walled in 100%, yet the Robot Vacuum still seems to think that area is available to clean. It seems to have issues with freestanding items, that are really large, like my HVAC/Stairs area.

Am I worried about this, nope, it does so much better than my old Roomba did. I set up an obstacle course for it a while back, and I’ll be darned if it did not successfully navigate the entire thing without hitting anything at all. This was after mapping the floor. I may take my Wyze Outdoor camera and set it on the LIDAR mount while it cleans the house next time and record the vacuum’s travels…

Anyone else still not receive the reward? In my account it just says that the camera is in packing. Just wondering if there is an update or anything on this, that would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I received mine yesterday. :+1:

I got nothing showing I’m receiving one or that one has been sent.

1 Like

There’s nothing in my account about the reward.

1 Like

Absolutely NO information in my account on shipping V3 and I ordered Vacuum on November 11th.
Would appreciate any update !!! It is only a $20 camera but it is the principal of doing what you say and following up when you don’t.

1 Like

I ordered mine Nov 10 and no info in my account that I am getting a camera either!

Nothing here… either…

I just got my email today that’s it’s about to be shipped and says estimated delivery date is Monday. So excited to get it and to get notified was a huge step in the right direction.

For those who are looking in your account order history for a record of the V3 reward, it showed up in my account after they shipped it to me. So you wont see it until they process it for you.

Oh they filled them alright. I ordered two and got them in less than a week, yet still have not received my reward one. Pretty sorry, and will never be an early bird orderer again.

1 Like