Viewing Wyze Cameras on the PC

Yes ran multiple scans with nothing found but feel more comfortable with bluestacks and it works well for me.

808Dragon.com - [quote=“debian0001, post:1, topic:12792, full:true”]
I know Wyze has no plans to do this so I tried a workaround.

Basically go and get MEmu: https://www.memuplay.com/

Get a google account, go to the google play store and install the Wyze app and log in.

[/quote]

• yes on Memu Working for me, a lil lag but less than bluestacks… Droid4X & Deskify app fails to open & didn’t try NOX yet as Memu is OK,… I RTSP the firmware w/ mSD DL & Flash so got it on OBS to rec direct to PC… However Mic on Cam sux over network/ LAG AF & Choppy, so I use PC mic instead as usually vid at least is close to RT, but audio is many seconds later… hoping SD card got it proper but for Live streaming it is great & night vision is #LEGIT!

They actually do have plans to this, they announced the following a week ago

He messed up the quote. It’s an old post.

1 Like

I got the same thing from MEMU. My virus scan blocked it thankfully

I use Hyper-V on my Windows 10 PC, which prevents me from using other Android Emulators like BlueStacks, MEmu, etc. because of hypervisor conflicts. The easiest solution I found was to use Microsoft’s standalone ‘Visual Studio Emulator for Android’ with Hyper-V acceleration enabled. I run TinyCam Pro on it, as the Wyze app does not appear on the Play Store in the emulator.

TinyCam Pro runs fine with the unmodified Wyze cams, no RTSP firmware needed. I really wish I knew why TinyCam works when no other programs support the unmodified firmware…

Google has since updated their Android emulator to use hardware acceleration, and it can be run in Hyper-V directly, so that may be an even better solution. I plan on trying that soon,

Update: I was able to get TinyCam Pro running with my Wyze Cams in Google’s Android Emulator as well as in a Hyper-V VM running Android-x86.

I’ve also run it on Android on a Raspberry PI, which may be the best solution, as I can then use the TinyCam Pro web server, which allows me to view my cameras from any machine that has a web browser and also provides a stream that can be used by other security camera software.

I have a Xiamo Mi Box S, but I’ve heard it’s too underpowered to be reliable as a TinyCam Pro server. Also have an NVIDIA Shield, but do not want to tie it up running the TinyCam software.

Really wish there was a PC app…

2 Likes

Thanks. Welcome to the community.
Great first post. :slight_smile:
I have a PC set up with Hyper-V. I’ve downloaded the ‘Visual Studio Emulator for Android’ and will install it today.
I’ve been using tinyCam for a while on an Android TV box.

BlueStacks was OK, but when I had it , it was spammy, memory hog and just annoying; unless of course you paid to get less spam, annoying adds and so on, LOL. Has the recent release address this in BS?

I’m using bluestack now and never seen any spam. At first it was taking up lots of memory but I reduced it to the lowest setting and now it doesn’t use much memory at all. For example Ihave been running tinycam to stream a wyze cam on bluestack for about week now. Memory usage is only 24 mb. Compare with chrome which is 550 mb.

1 Like

Thanks for the great info!

I tried Hyper-V briefly, but needed to run Virtualbox for some Kali projects, and ended up going down the BlueStacks / MEmu path instead. So had no idea this existed.

Am currently doing the Android TV box approach, but have an idle Pi in a box, so now ~another~ project!

That ~would~ make life simpler, wouldn’t it? :wink:

What’s you CPU load with it running? Tinycam I mean.

Looks like it is at 23% which is indeed the second highest thing on the cpu. First is opera at 24%. Chrome is only .3%.

1 Like

Hello,
I see its old thread . I am recently purchase wyze cam and trying to follow the same but i am just not able to find wyze app in the MEmu. Is it something removed or am i doing something wrong. I login went to play store and searching WYZE all 3rd party or some thing else comes instead of actual WYZE app. I get message, " This app is compatible with some of your devices."
Need Help !!!

You’ll have to sideload the Wyze APK.
You can find it on APKPure.com

2 Likes

@angus.black
Thank you very much for your direction. Really appreciate. Its working now.
Just to know , why we not able to find in the play store when its available when we search on mobile device ?
Downloading from this 3rd party website , its secure , correct ?

Just thought I’d mention that tinycam is on the google store via the emulator. this makes it so you don’t have to side load the wyze app if you don’t want to. Plus tinycam has a ton of features.

1 Like

Tinycam Pro is still an ANDROID app!
The first instruction for using Tinycam on a Windows pc is:

Step 1: Download BlueStacks

So in order to use Tinycam, you must download a third-party Android editor such as Bluestacks. Bluestacks, (IMO), is a clunky, slow loading resource sucking piece of software that uses more than it’s share of resources even when running in the background, especially if you have an older computer. You are not going to see who is at the front door if you have to start this app from your PC. Most people will not find this app a solution to their needs.
I use Yi cameras for my primary monitoring. Yi has a free Windows native app for their cameras in addition to their Android app.
It is snappy, resource-friendly and you can leave running in the background for instant one-click viewing.

2 Likes

Tell us how you really feel! :smile: But you are right of course - on every point.

Yi does sound tempting!
:+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, @Canadaknows did say;

The emulator being Bluestacks or something similar. I use MEmu.
It was advice for people who couldn’t get the WYZE app in the Play Store while using an emulator.

Since Wyze seems unwilling or unable to develop a native Windows app, you would think that they could develop an Android TV app.
“Memu Play is a relatively new Android emulator and is targeted at users who want to play Android games on PC”
Most gamers have a better than average PC and use the emulator as the only program running, except for the Android app. Memu is not super-fast loading either and certainly, would slow down my computer if it was running in the background. An emulator might be a solution for someone who has an old Windows pc they just want to dedicate as a monitor for viewing the Wyse app.