Viewing Wyze Cameras on the PC

Most likely. Any of the Android Emulators should work if you can get them to run on your machine.

I have tried -

• Bluestacks - Won’t run because I have CPU Virtualization turned on for Virtual Machines. It is a no go. I need VMs to run Linux and Windows at the same time.
  • Nox - Causes a blue screen every time I try to run it on my custom built machine. I hadn’t received a Blue Screen since 2007 before this.
  • Memuplay - Site is marked as malware by Malwarebytes and my browser. Not touching it.

One day, I’ll find an emulator or Wyze will release a Windows App.

3 Likes

Is RTSP/VLC combo not good enough? Or do you need the other features that the RTSP firmware has left out?

I still don’t understand why WYZE would not publish its “cloud protocol”. If they do, people will develop a desktop client.

I tried both MEMU Play and Bluestacks on a throwaway Windows partition. Both are too slow for my taste. My hardware isn’t low-end, either.

I am not using RTSP. It doesn’t appear to be supported beyond a beta firmware that is unlikely to receive regular updates. Plus I want to take advantage of other integrations (Sense, Plugs, Bulbs, etc…) within the Wyze app.

1 Like

You can still do that. You’d be running the RTSP firmware, but the latest app. You would lose person detection, however.

I stumbled onto a very good Android emulator that runs on windows.

I’ve tried Memu and Bluestacks. Too slow for me, plus all the ads are annoying. And I’ve read about malware. Which is why I tried it in a throwaway windows partition.

I was playing around with Xamarin/Visual Studio 2019 and installed a Pixel 2 smart phone emulator. Surprise! It has Google Play. It must be an older version of Google Play, as it doesn’t list the Wyze app. But Tinycam is there. I fired it up, and yes, I can see all my cameras. With intel’s HAXM hardware accelerator installed, it was fast enough so video is smooth.

Hi, Today I buy 1 Wyze Cam v2 and install MEmu and I see all in my Computer very Nice.

its available through manual firmware update

4 months later and still same thing. I didn’t even try Bluestacks because it’s a resource hog, plus I have virtualization enabled because I need to run a VM for work.

I tried Nox and like you, it blue screened my computer. A little research and I found that it’s incompatible if you run virtualization.

I then tried installing Nox inside my VM and it didn’t like the virtual video driver and refused to even install.

I tried downloading Memu but my antivirus flagged it as having a trojan. Promptly deleted it.

Those are the only android emulators that appealed to me.

I have no idea why Wyze can’t or won’t develop a PC based version of their app.

3 Likes

tiny Cam Monitor Pro gets the job done. Available on Google Play.

1 Like

Memu took less than 5 minutes to setup. I spent another 10 minutes wondering if I should be putting my login and password in a phone emulator. I’m a new car salesman and I have a view of my used car lot on my desktop now with the option to pin the app to lay over all other screens.

So what’s the verdict - is Memu legitimate and safe, or not?

No idea if it’s safe. Lots of contradictory information out there -
I had tried Bluestacks and it bogged my machine down to the point that it was not useable, and could barely get it to work.

Jumped head first into Memu today and it installed quickly, launched easily and runs WYZE like a PRO. I love it - but have no idea if I can trust it or not. It even defaults to horizontal view which is great!

The smart thing to do would have been to load it on an old machine -

I used memu for a number of months with no issues. I switched to BlueStacks because of the talk about Memu being unsafe but I never had a problem with it. Memu doesn’t seem to slow down my pc. Maybe a re install of Memu might help.

Bluestacks 4 was too resource intensive for my older computer, Nox would crash within a minute of launching, and Droid4X was not compatible with the Wyze app, so I’m using MEmu. Having a problem with the live stream being distorted, like it’s running landscape with a rotated squished duplicate across the bottom of the screen. However, when I view videos that have been recorded, they appear just fine.

Has anyone else seen this? And more to the point, has anyone found a resolution?

Check out Nx Witness VMS for use with the Wyze Cams using the RTSP firmware. Free for live streaming.

1 Like

Bump for the new video detailing installation…

Multi-Streaming and Integration with Wyze Cams and Nx Witness VMS

Major “Design” flaw is that you can’t toggle off the Zoom rectangles after you’ve setup a grid. Was told by Norman Graafsma that it was a “Design Feature” to not be able to remove them. Which is about like a carpenter leaving his pencil marks on a finished piece of furniture. It’s makes one of the best features of NX almost useless.

I tried Memu with multiple virus scanners – they all report is carries a trojan. Sometimes apps have aspects that falsely trigger these warnings. But they are reporting a specific, known, trojan (Gen.MBT). I’m moving on.

I used memu for a few months in spite of the warnings without any adverse affects. However, because of the unease I felt I switched to Bluestacks.

“no ill effects” meaning you have run a scanner and no trojan is found? If not, you wouldn’t see any actual effect until someone actually accesses the computer, takes what they can use, sells it, and then the buyer uses it.