View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

I use Fire TV and got TinyCam Pro through the app store on it. I have 6 cams showing on my screen at one time. Took a little trial and error but I got them all working.

Actually the best solution for everyone is not a app at all but web access with an HTML5 interface to view all cameras at once, if you have multiple Wyzecams, that can be viewed from any browser no matter the operating system.

1 Like

My problem is that in the description on Amazon does not say the it can only be viewed on a smartphone and only either a iphone or android, so you don’t find that out till it is sitting on your desk and not doing what you need or want!!! Total bs to me! Not even worth the bs to send it back, i’ll just chuck it. All it would take is one line " this device does not work on a PC"!Just false advertising to make the sale!

I’m a strong supporter of Wyze. But this is a valid complaint. The product listings should say ‘Requires a compatible Android or iOS device’ until the html5 interface is released.

I think having to say “does not work on a PC” would be too negative and inflammatory, and factually inaccurate because… What even is a pc after all?? Wyze probably works on chrometops. And it works on a pc with an android emulator.

But the fact is Wyze advertises being able to view videos. And while it might be obvious enough for some to anticipate this, the fact is that using only the product as delivered from wyze, that is not possible. They simply aren’t providing what they advertise unless they say ‘requires a compatible android or iOS device’, or include a screen on the camera itself, or an android phone in ever box, which I realize is unfeasible.

So best to add “Requires a compatible Android or iOS device”. God, what if a Blackberry or Windows phone user buys one?

Really? What even is a pc after all?? Ok how about Desktop??? Sigh

PC/Web access please, I don’t have a smartphone or tablet!

I use Fire HD 10 and TinyCam Pro but can view only 4 cams on the screen at one time. How did you get 6 cams ?

1 more vote for PC access! A bit frustrating when working in a secure building where cell phones do not work!

Or underground. In my city, there are a lot of businesses below ground, in former mines. There is no celular coverage there, and employers don’t always want personal owned devices on the company network.

You can install android emulator : https://www.bluestacks.com/ , then install wyze or tinycam pro apps.

For my 2 years old i3 notebook, viewing 4 cams at one time make the CPU 70+% busy, though viewing 1 cam is OK, ~ 50% CPU load.

Hence currently I am using a Fire HD10 table with tinycam pro webserver running in the background and screen turned off, then I can view 4 cams at a time without loading my notebook CPU.

Enough with android emulators! Especially ones that wreck your computer’s performance.

Any company that doesn’t let your personal phones on wifi, sure as hell won’t let you install random ass software on their company computers.

If anything you should be recommending Android Studio’s official emulator. But knock it off.

What is needed is an HTML5 web based console to viewing cams. Like Nest and Arlo have.

I don’t understand how TinyCam can work with these cameras (and even serve out the video in more open formats) but something like Blue Iris hasn’t figured it out. Did TinyCam just luck out and reverse engineer something that worked? A cynical person would think the reason there’s not a way to view them from a PC is a marketing/business model one and not a technical one. But since they don’t charge for cloud storage or access to view the cameras via the phone app (yet?) I can’t think of what that motivation would be other than wanting you to have the app on your phone… if you can view the cams through other means, would you need the app?

I am puzzled because clearly from searching people have been clamoring for the ability to view these from a PC… preferably a browser. I just can’t shake the feeling that it’s not a technical or resource limitation that’s in play.

Edit:… no sooner did I click to post it dawned on me. Is it being kept closed to do partnerships with 3rd parties like Amazon Echo Show, or maybe that’s how TinyCam works? A more open standards-based approach would no doubt scuttle the ability to do such deals. I mean it’s a $20 camera. Its cool if that’s how they’re wanting to monetize, but it’s felt kind of disingenuous because people want it, they say they understand the desire but haven’t been transparent (that I am aware of) why it doesn’t work from a browser or PC when it clearly could.

Ben

A company called YI camera has cameras that can be viewed on a pc and are basically the same camera so I’m sure it’s not a technical reason. I’m feel it’s about money some how. I mean isn’t everything. :slight_smile:

I loaded BlueStacks on my Windows 10 desktop machine. Think I set it up correctly.

Next I used its built in search function to download “tinyCam Monitor Free”, that seemed to go well too.

Next (within TinyCAM) I did a Network Scan, it found my 2 Pan and Tilts with their IP address’s.

I then added the cameras it found (mine) but can not sort out how to view them.

By the way, I also have TinyCam on my Android 8.0 phone with the same issue.

What did I miss? Any thoughts?

Thx

did you change the channel number in advanced settings

No, at least not on purpose,. Was I supposed to?

Also, I see 6 pages of cameras (mine on none) . Which page would mine normally appear on?

To use tinycam pro, don’t change anything except plug in your Wyze account login and password, then CHANGE channel # if you have more than 1 camera. The top camera in your Wyze app is Channel # 1, the cam below is # 2 and so forth.

No need to bother about IP addresses etc, just leave them empty …

Also no need to open/forward ports in your router …

I like this solution.

Any progress on that WYZE Cam Windows 10 desktop app yet?

1 Like

AmiDuOs is out of production and not supported any longer.