View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Sorry, Jason.

I’m horrible at these user group things.

That cap of Event Recording was in response to a letter from

a Wyze moderator regarding this very same issue.

My Wyze Pan cam now sending intermittent notifications.

Not consistent.

I’ll keep trying.

Thanks for your input.

Thats ok, if I can help at all let me know.

Perfectly said! Well put!

@robocoonie has a point… it’s been a long time and this issue has a ton of votes. I understand there are a large number of things brewing at Wyze, but this should be taken care even before thinking about adding a scale to your line of products (a scale… Why?! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Couldn’t you pull the SD card? Shouldn’t take that long on a WiFi network even with an older device as most tablets and phones have nearly the same computing power as some laptops. A modern phone can process HD video pretty easily. Though I can see it as being laggy at times. If you know what time the break in occurred this could help narrow the window of where to look.

The issue I’m having is it’s identifying people at night as objects and not people. It identifies cats and car lights on the grass or shrubs as objects too. It records the people but I don’t get a notification because they are objects. All the kids we had last night and none were identified as people. I checked it first thing this morning in the daylight and it immediately sent a notification and identified me as a person.

1 Like

Totally agree. A PC app should be the primary goal. I hate being forced to switch between the event screen and playback screen to try to locate a particular clip which may be long enough to view the entire event. Thankfully I have had very few needs so far.

This also touches on the inability to use one’s own network stg to eliminate the 5 min cloud cooldown limitation. But then at present as others say, this is a $25 device not marketed as a security solution. It’s designed basically as a baby/pet/ interior monitoring cam - only by virtue of user ingenuity has it found uses in security. But if they want to market the outdoor cam as a security cam, it will surely need these features.

2 Likes

You can use an SD card to get around the 5 minute cool down

But if the event was missed due to happening during the cool down, you might not have any idea when it happened so searching clip by clip becomes a tedious hassle.

I have been so advised by Wyze. Now if I can understand their directions to do so, I won’t complain about anything else, maybe.

What part don’t you understand, ask away, were are here to help.

Hi all! Some of the discussion here is getting off topic. If anyone would like help with an issue not related to the subject, please find a topic in #ask-the-community similar to the problem you’re having and post there. If you don’t find one, please create a new topic. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seriously HUGE disappointment. I needed security system I could throw multiple cams up on a monitor and view from my office. I don’t see how this is difficult to scrape multiple feeds into a logged into browser app… Just really big missing feature and not sure I will be purchasing any more until this is ready.

Also, clearly this is highly requested, its frustrating when dev teams feel like they know whats better instead of listening to users.

1 Like

I was able to monitor two cams last night for Halloween :jack_o_lantern: with my Android emulator on my laptop. Stayed up for a little over two hours without issue.

It’s not a cure but it was a good work around.

2 Likes

Yeah was hoping by the time I got to the bottom of this thread I would be pleasantly surprised at the ability to view/record from a browser app. unfortunately that is not the case. I just got my first 2 cams and would like to ad more to use as security system. I def will be monitoring this thread and waiting to spend some cash!!

1 Like

I believe that Wyze will NEVER develop a true PC viewer for these cams. If you are wanting PC integration, choose another brand of cam.
Don’t get me wrong - Wyze can not be beat on value for the money but, they have zero interest in providing this feature.
It is a smartphone mindset these days (which I dislike).

1 Like

Unfortunately I have to agree everything to day is on smartphones and I don’t think Wyze will make a PC viewer. Come on Wyze. This is what the people want. Please develop a PC viewer!!

1 Like

But ‘the people’ didn’t want it bad enough to make sure it was available before buying the camera. That’s not something where Wyze is at fault, it’s ‘the peoples’ problem.

If you want it or need it’s the buyer’s responsibility to make sure the product has it before the purchase. It’s that simple. Don’t lay blame on the manufacturer for the shortsightedness of the buyer(s).

1 Like

Or at least publish technical details that enable others to add value.

If that was a viable and rational business model I’m sure IBM, Microsoft and Apple would have released the source code for their operating systems for the same reason. It ain’t gonna happen because there’s no sane reason for Wyze, or any company, to divulge proprietary information about their products.