View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Come on Wyze!! Let us view out cameras online!!

Why is there still no native option to view our cameras on a Windows PC? This should of been released when the cameras first came to market. I’m sure it’s well within programmers capability, so why isn’t this a priority instead of “looking into it”? I’m referring these cameras to others and purchasing more myself, hoping they are releasing the windows app soon that allows continuous viewing.

3 Likes

Currently it is listed as “maybe-later” that means they are not currently working on it. It will go into a researching stage then transfer over to the #roadmap and go into ’ in-development’. I know this is never something they have advertised as being able to do and they were more focused on the phone app.
This is only my guess but my assumption is they will want to get the app everyone uses to the point people want it before moving into a PC viewer.

2 Likes

This makes no sense.
There are currently more than 800 million Windows 10 computers. The biggest installed base of Android is Nougat (7.x) with less than 500 million. And you can’t really say which flavor/brand combo will run an app properly.
How is Windows NOT the primary platform “everyone uses?”
Think how much simpler this would be if they had software so you could have this run as a device on a home web server. Then EVERY device could connect. I guess it must be new technology.
Except web cams that have been able to do this since 2003!

3 Likes

If it’s so technically difficult for them to do so then open the architecture and we’d deliver a solution in a month.

2 Likes

I’m guessing limited resources so priority is cranking out devices for revenue. But it’s still hard to fathom the low priority they’ve given it. There should be someone working on it at least part time. I agree the installed base of windows should not be ignored.

2 Likes

So you are saying there are more home web servers than cell phones. There are many Windows 10 computers yes, but you left out Mac. There are also many different computers that run Windows 10, as you put it different flavors/brands so same issue there. What it comes down to is when they made they company they decided a direction to go and mobile is the way they went. I am guessing had they gone with Windows 10 or a web interface the biggest wishlist item right now would be for a mobile app.

3 Likes

Personally I wouldn’t guess that would be the case, I’d bet money on it.:smile:

1 Like

I can’t believe they (cameras) can’t be viewed on a computer. This might have changed my purchase if I knew ahead of time. Who am I kidding, the price is too good.

Not sure about that. If the cameras were Windows compatible there are already several mobile apps available to view IP cameras.
I use tinyCam for viewing more than the Wyze app. It just does what I want, view the cameras. It’s also easier to see, white on black not pale green on white.

2 Likes

Not 100 percent positive but I doubt think tinycam will utilize the pan controls, also the extras they have added can’t be set in tinycam
Plus currently there are 3rd party viewers on PC, bluestacks, arcwelder, so we again would just be reversing the complaint.

1 Like

I didn’t mean that tinyCam was a complete replacement for the Wyze app. I still use Wyze when I have to, it’s not a fun experience. :slight_smile:
My point was, if Wyze cams were Windows based only I would still buy them for the hardware, as I do now.
It’s easier to get a Windows based IP camera to work with existing mobile software than the other way around.
Android emulators aren’t a third party viewer, it’s just another way to use the Wyze app.

The bottom line is, this shouldn’t be a choice between the two. Wyze could easily have both platforms support the cameras. They choose not to.

2 Likes

Hi. A web viewer for PC/Mac should be in dev already. It would do for Wyze what the iPhone did for Apple. I might be more paitient if my notifications actually worked. They do not. I bought three cams and get ZERO motion detection notifications.

You need to make sure all your settings are correct .
You might find some helpful information here at these spots
Support pages : https://support.wyzecam.com/ also at the bottom right of that page tap on the support button.
If none of that helps you can submit a support request here

1 Like

There are three places to control push notifications:

Per camera in the cameras Settings > Event Recording > Send Push Notification. This can be controlled by the camera owner or shared user and will affect both. This does affect Smoke/CO Alarm push notifications.

Globally on an account basis by tapping the bell icon on the top right of the home screen, or using the switch in Account > Notifications.
This affects only the owners or shared users login account on all devices they have logged in to the Wyze app.

In the phone’s OS settings, which can enable or disable all notifications from any particular app.
This applies to only that particular phone/tablet. (Note: this is not possible in some versions of Android.)

You can think of the three notification control options as three concentric rings or gates.
If the inner gate (level-1, per camera) is closed, no notifications get beyond that level.
If the gate is open, then the notification can attempt to get past the next level (level-2, account), etc.

I just don’t want to deal with the limitations of my mobile device to review footage. I’ll give an example. My neighbor recently had a break in and we had to wait several minutes with the police in order to overcome the limitations of my phone having issues replaying the footage. It would have been easier to be able to pull up footage on a computer, grab the scenes we needed with the faster computing capabilities, and then easily add that to wherever so that Police could move on with their investigation.

The main point is that some of us want some form of web access or a native app for Windows/Mac that allows us access to our accounts to watch our cameras. The convenience of the mobile app is great, but a lot of functionality would be better served through a computer- or web-based solution. Emulators/Simulators aside, that’s a workaround. It’s not a solution. There’s over 2000 votes here, so despite whatever your business model is, your CUSTOMER BASE is asking for this functionality and you’re denying us Wyze.

We’ll either try to figure it out ourselves (which would be great if you provided an API), do some clunky workaround uses simulators/emulators, or leave Wyze altogether and move onto a pricier solution that offers the features we want. I really enjoy your camera hardware. The app and your refusal to provide an alternate companion solution to the app are really hindering your expansion model.

5 Likes

“We’ll either try to figure it out ourselves (which would be great if you provided an API),”

Protocol level specs would be sufficient.

Notifications enabled globally on app.

Here is a screen capture of my NOTIFICATIONS section

of the WYZE app.

There is NOT the option to enable PUSH NOTIFICATIONS

as you suggest.

Have tried all options.

NOTE: My WYZE cam pan

did send me one notification after I opened and looked at EVENTS.

Then it stopped.

signed,

confused

That is a screen capture of the Event Recording section, use the back arrow and the one below that is Notifications

Yes. True. My mistake

but

Send Notifications has been turned on for all my cams.

Still no notifications.