View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

So almost 4 months later and not a word about progress or ETA?

This is after all just a web browser client to view the video that should only be accessible on a local network it would be a mistake to make it accessible from outside the local network after all.

A decent dev could have built a working client to work in Chrome in less than a week, ground work for video streaming is already there in Chrome it just needs a plug in to the Wyze stream.

So what is going on here? We need more transparency and some real answers because the Cams should have come with this feature 3-4 years ago when I purchased my 1st one I now have 7 including 4 Cam3, so we have waited 3 product cycles and 3 months + 11 day if my quick math is right.

I get at least 3 emails every week about new product being launched and existing preorders and their status so one single email on this would be super nice.

Thanks

The most recent update was about 2 and a half months ago in an AMA in which it was stated a web client is bring worked on and it will be s part of CamPlus.

2 Likes

Building something is rarely the problem, it’s the planning, the testing, the documenting, and the deployment. On top of that you have to run it through multiple departments for security, legality, verbiage, and support.

3 Likes

Also, multiple browsers have to be supported besides just Chrome - that’s before getting into issues related to different operating systems and hardware (which, despite what many ‘armchair experts’ would claim, does have a significant impact on software development).

3 Likes

Welcome to the ArmChair Warriors & Software Developers Club!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you. I bring with me 35+ years experience in IT, the vast majority of it on the development side - starting with IBM1401 SPS.

Yes I know, but my welcome post was not directed towards you.
Please note that it was directed to Graf. :upside_down_face:

That’s got a nice :ring: to it… Charter membership?

It’s fine @nls… We have history

Missed that.

DOH sm

D@mn, having a bad night. Replied to myself instead of you.

2 Likes

:grin:

Also +1 and excited for this.

And all you talking about cloud data. None of you have ever had a “cloud disk” or “virtual disk” failure before lol.

The cloud is no different that a SAN or a large nas in your house. Its just somewhere else. The cost is shared and because many people are sharing the capacity.

Businesses backup their cloud data. Sometimes it could be a hardware failure. Sometimes software. Use multiple clouds or have local copies but always backup.

The issue with data going to the cloud is the lack of choice. I store all my iPhone pictures I take in the cloud…but I don’t have to. I can turn that feature off. The failure to give a user the choice of whether their data stays local or goes online is a big issue for privacy advocates.

It’s not an issue of whether they can or should, because most people are fine with it, but there is a decent chunk of people who are not, and they need the ability to say no.

3 Likes

Where’s Jim Carrey when ya need him…

artist

I decided to file a BBB complaint on this today. Wish me luck.

So, if you don’t mind, let me make sure I understand this, please? You are filing a complaint because a company said they would produce a product and have not, that you did not pay any money for that specific product.

6 Likes

I’ve had good luck with BBB and complaints about big corps - but mostly when I’ve reached the end of my rope about service/billing issues. For instance, my ancient local paper was glommed into a regional network, which was later picked off by a hedge.fund.corporate.raider. I was a paperboy for the original outfit and our family had been subscribers for sixty years. They could not produce billing records, dismissed the charges in dispute and we parted ways. Sad, but I was glad to be rid of them, and they probably, of me. God Bless America, eh? :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :us:

I need to replace three nest cams. I can’t do it without a web interface since some places I enter we are not allowed to bring in our cellphone.

I need to check on package delivery since our area has porch thieves.

Too bad wyze, I’ll have to look elsewhere. Are you even working on this?

They are, a few ways you can tell is it’s on the Roadmap and no longer on the Wishlist. It’s also listed as in-development. They have said they are working on a web interface that will be part of the Cam Plus features.

3 Likes