View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Kind of surprised a year later, and in November you say “this is not currently under consideration”. A million cameras sold and you can’t put one developer on this? There are 234 replies to this post, imagine how many more you’d sell if you added this capability. Is it not technically possible? What is the issue exactly? Maybe a little more transparency beyond the standard boilerplate response would be helpful. I too would buy more cameras if this was available. And for the record, Bluestacks is a horrible solution, tried it and uninstalled almost immediately.

3 Likes

It does not make sense not to have this for Desktop. I vote YES we need this option, WYZE team please put this in your pipleline. Your product is cool, I love it just need this feature sooner the better.

4 Likes

Hi @UserCustomerGwen,
This desktop app was written in Nov 2018, are there any updates yet as to using a desktop app for the Wyze as of yet?? If so, please link. Also, anyone having any problems with it to date if there is currently a desktop app? I see there are over 600+ votes for this, and I just voted it in as well. Thank you.
Weather proof cam would be great as well, looking into getting a few more for windows and outside etc.
Thank you for the info. Will the info be shared here, or will I get an email?? Thank you again!

2 Likes

At this point I haven’t heard anything about us working on this. Sorry I don’t have anything more to tell you! On the bright side, we are currently working on a weatherproof camera.

We’ll update this post if we start working on a PC/Browser method. Technically, RTSP could help with this and we are making progress on that.

3 Likes

Thanks WyzeGwendolyn! Look forward to hearing more! :smile:

Not true, I have three and as of the day after Christmas’18, my internet got cut to 1/4 speed. I still have an issue and if not for local storage, I would have no use for them. Cloud storage is a backup option and should never be primary storage.

Honestly, no I don’t believe that it would suffice for one reason. That reason is that I want to keep all of the features of the camera (rtsp will need new firmware) and I want to be able to view from windows without using an android emulator. If I were wyze with that $20m investment, viewing on a pc/browser would be a great sell point for people that spend the whole day in an office that can’t/don’t have access to a cellular device or for people who want to view on a larger display other than a phone or a tablet.

2 Likes

I installed ‘BlueStacks’ on my PC. It is an Android emulator. I installed the WYZE app from the Play Store. I am able to run the app on my PC.
Be sure to get the latest version of BlueStacks.

1 Like

I love all the features this small system has but I’ve set back a bit that I cannot get this video up on my desktop. I’m not looking to do anything fancy with it but if we can connect by WiFi to our phone, why can’t we tap into it via desktop? This one feature would give the system complete flexibility for anyone. I spend more than half of my time sitting at a computer and it would be great to have it running in a small window or just in the back ground. Food for serious thought.

2 Likes

Several folks have suggested using an emulator on the pc to run the Wyze app through. Haven’t tried it myself, but that might be your best bet until Wyze decides to make a PC version of the app. (I think i read that rad unlikely to happen.)

Search the forums for keywords of bluestack or nox - that should help find the thread.

1 Like

We had a police involved incident and they asked us to pull it up on the computer because it was having connection problems on the phone. I’m sad to say it won’t work. That would mean getting up on a 30 foot ladder in the rain at night to remove the MicroSD card. please fix this and allow us to access the videos on a computer!

3 Likes

If you need to get a short period of video from the mSD card, you can start it playing back in the app, then press the record button to capture it real-time to the phone’s camera roll/gallery. Once you have it there, you can save it elsewhere or share it.

Please scroll all the way to the top of this topic and vote by clicking the VOTE button there.

1 Like

I did see that limitation mentioned in the reviews

I like this idea. But I want it more secure that I can control the desktop side login with my phone. So even my account is hacked, such as by my ex, I won’t be monitored by someone else in my own house.

I can see which device is linked to my account. I can see when those device is connected to my Wyze.

Still holding out hope for this.
It’s probably the biggest issue with this ecosystem.
Weatherproof would be if I couldn’t buy weatherproof housing from Amazon already.

Honestly the team’s responses have been ho-hum so I doubt it will ever happen.

1 Like

ARLO has that and it’s really cool to be able to access across the PC. Would be great if Wyze would bring this to the front burner.

1 Like

Wyze recently did a Q&A and I believe they said that RTSP should be in at least beta testing by Q2. It is making progress.

1 Like

I vote for View On PC/Browser

1 Like

I plan to purchase more cameras in May. PC access will be a big factor in my decision.

1 Like

Make sure to vote for this Roadmap topic by clicking the Vote button at the top of the page. :grin:

1 Like