View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

There is an APP called BLUESTACKS that allows you to install a virtual android OS on your PC - you can then download the WYZE app and set up your account - this allows you to view your cams in real time on your PC and leave them up while working on other projects. I monitor my front door all day from my office computer.

1 Like

There is an APP called BLUESTACKS that allows you to install a virtual android OS on your PC - you can then download the WYZE app and set up your account - this allows you to view your cams in real time on your PC and leave them up while working on other projects. I monitor my front door all day from my office computer.

This is perfect!!! Thanks so much for sharing that information!

Scott

Scott Yonally, N8SY

Section Manager - Ohio

ARRL - The National Association For Amateur Radio™

n8sy@n8sy.com

419-512-4445

I’ve heard others online talking about this method. My concern is how secure is this method? How safe is this to use? Does it give other’s rights to my footage? I would rather just wait for Wyze to solve this rather than risk compromising security.

2 Likes

This is by far, my #1 concern with my use of WyzeCam.

2 Likes

I use the app called MEMU PLAY that basicly does the same thing, I have it on a spare computer and just run screen capture on it to get a continues recording of it, you can resize the images to get 2 or even 4 cams on the 1 screen

1 Like

+1 for PC/Browser (or RTSP).

4 Likes

Has any tried to install the app on a chromebook? I am at work but will try to remember to do it when I get home.

If you search the forum for “chromebook”, I think you’ll find some discussion of people doing that. Some successfully, others not.

Yes please create a web version please. When at the office, I try to be on my cellphone as little as possible to set the example and it would be much easier to check on how things are going if I could get on my browser and check things out.

2 Likes

Please make a PC version ASAP - it’s incredibly difficult to see small details on our phones and also volume is not usually loud enough through the phone.

4 Likes

There is no reason to not have this available in a browser. Please make that happen Wyze. You have many, many people asking for it. Including myself.

4 Likes

I would not have bought the device if I had taken the time to figure out this feature did not exist.

2 Likes

+1 for PC/Browser (or RTSP).

2 Likes

do they have it on desktop?!?!

1 Like

@alyleonguerrero

Not yet. Make sure you scroll all the way to the top here and click the VOTE button.

Other than that, the advise given in the other topic you posted applies. You can use an Android emulator such as BlueStacks or Nox or Memu (Windows only).

BTW, please don’t cross post the same question in multiple places.

1 Like

I am amazed at what you folks at Wyze have been able to accomplish with a $20 camera. I’ve replaced many of my NEST cameras with your cameras and couldn’t be happier with the results. Except for one … NEST allows me to view on my PC. Wyze doesn’t.

I recently started using Memu emulator on my Windows 10 laptop, running Wyze. Memo works great … and I am blown away with the sharp images from my Wyze Cams … much clearer and more impressive than on my iPhone. Now granted, some of that is just the “size” of the images … both alerts and live viewing.

I’ve been a Microsoft test since the early DOS days … and realize that trying to write Windows software opens up a real can of worms since it has to run on many different machines, using a variety of video cards.

It sounds like a Windows App should be easy … but I know it’s not.

However, I think it;'s something Wyze needs to look into if you expect your cameras and future offerings are going to be taken seriously in the home security market.

But, please, keep up the good work. You’ve accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time. I can wait for a Windows app … since for now, Memu seems to work just fine.

1 Like

WARNING: Proceed at your own risk.

As you know, WYZE folks are looking into adding PC/Laptop features but are making no promises on timeline.

A lot of us are using Memu emulator successfully to view on our PC/Laptops. Memu is an Android emulator, which allows you to run Android programs on PC/laptops (including the WYZE app).

Setting it up is not for the faint of heart.

I assume no responsibility for you deciding to follow my instructions, but this is an outline of how I managed to get Memu and Wyze up and running on my Windows 10 laptop.

Again, proceed at your own risk.

The safer route would be to wait until WYZE adds the PC/Laptop features to their App.

If you decide to proceed, I offer no guarantee that my instructions are complete or even correct, so don’t pepper me with questions or flames. I’m sorry that I can’t offer more assurance. I’m only posting this as a basic guide on how I did it.

If you run into a problem on getting Memu to run on your Microsoft machine, there is plenty of help on the Memu website. Please read and work with them … not WYZE or Me. I am not an expert on Memu … I only wanted to find a way to have WYZE run on my LAPTOP.

It’s possible … but you are on your own.

1 Like

Again, proceed at your own risk.

The safer route would be to wait until WYZE adds the PC/Laptop features to their App.

If you decide to proceed, I offer no guarantee that my instructions are complete or even correct, so don’t pepper me with questions or flames. I’m sorry that I can’t offer more assurance. I’m only posting this as a basic guide on how I did it.

If you run into a problem on getting Memu to run on your Microsoft machine, there is plenty of help on the Memu website. Please read and work with them … not WYZE or Me. I am not an expert on Memu … I only wanted to find a way to have WYZE run on my LAPTOP.

It’s possible … but you are on your own.

1. Requirements to run Memu:

https://www.memuplay.com/blog/2016/01/27/system-requirements/

1. download Memu installation file:

https://www.memuplay.com/

1. check your PC/laptop system with 3rd party utility (to see if you have to change CMOS settings for Memu):
  1. How to enable Hardware Virtualization:

https://www.memuplay.com/blog/2016/01/27/enable-hardware-virtualization/

1. Memu 101 help files.

https://www.memuplay.com/blog/2016/02/16/memu-101/

1. Once Memu is running on your PC/Laptop, click on Google Play icon in MEMU screen and download WYZE app.

2 Likes

If Memu fails to load and gets stuck before it loads 100 percent, please use the following guide to troubleshoot. You might have to change some of your Virus Protection settings, etc.

https://www.memuplay.com/blog/2016/03/01/how-to-solve-start-failure/

Also, please don’t forget to click on VOTE on the first post. To me, the best option is for all of us to ask WYZE folks to add PC/LAPTOP features to their own system. But I also realize that that is a whole different can of worms for the WYZE folks to mess with … and is easier said than done.

2 Likes