Video Doorbell

So my NOT WYZE Doorbell cam just quit working. Any word on when we will see the Wyze one come out for use? If it is a few months, I’ll wait, if not I will have to try something else. I’d really hate to buy another product and see this hit the market. Any guidance?

1 Like

My Soliom startup video solar doorbell just died.
A big unit but it worked. Until yesterday.
I need a new doorbell.

E. Zyskowski II

@tyke & @EddieZ2
The roadmap shared by @WyzeDongsheng in February, shows the Doorbell was in “alpha” testing 3 months ago. I don’t know how long the Wyze product development timeline is, but my guess it’s still a number of months out. Here is the link to the announcement: Wyze product updates - 02-17-2020

So, for now, maybe just get a basic doorbell to see you through.

1 Like

All I know is that it is currently in testing. I to am in need of a doorbell cam but I am holding out for the WYZE version because I really do not want to pay the prices of the others.

Hbvgg

Here is the picture of the Video Doorbell from Wyze! They released a video yesterday showing the Video Doorbell, Outdoor Camera, and the Wyze Thermostat.

Anyone else exited for the Video Doorbell?

5 Likes

Released it where?

They posted it on YouTube and I got an email from Wyze. Here is the link for YouTube. Wyze Pitch To Investors- Sneak Peak of Outdoor Cam, Video Doorbell, and Wyze Thermostat

Email pictures here:

Well then, it’s settled. Beauty is in the eye and all that, but there’s no way my wife will allow something that ugly on our porch. The search continues.

For me I don’t really care about beauty. I want something that works. Wyze brings us products that have lots of features for a lower price.

1 Like

Yea. A touch disappointing in the style department, but I’ll probably still get it.

How do we invest?

2 Likes

Was hoping for black but I shouldn’t be surprised considering everything else is white. Should match my trim, well. Is that really the thermostat on the right?

2 Likes

According to the video yes it is.

Maybe down the road they will make one in black.

I am a big fan of wyze products and will probably get it. I am sure it will work great and be high quality like all wyze products. But I agree it is not as attractive as its competitors. I hope after the release Wyze can work on a sleeker model.

3 Likes

I think that once Wyze grows bigger and learns how to make products like this they will re-do some of their products. Remember they are still a small start-up company who has never made anything for the outdoors. Now they are making a Outdoor Camera and Video Doorbell. I’m sure once they know how to make this and get the software right they can go back and make some of the hardware more attractive.

1 Like

I’m already thinking I’ll paint the doorbell camera to better match my home. People have had good luck painting the lock, why not the doorbell camera.

1 Like

Agree the Doorbell isn’t very eye appealing. I already have the nest hello and will continue to use that, unless the price blows me away. However, I’m guessing the price point will be similar to the door lock. It just looks cheap and bulky to me, Maybe still time to revise for launch?..Bummer

Very unusual and unlike Wyze to release photos of doorbell camera and thermostat and there are no applications as yet to FCC.
Must be in financial woes.
Gwendolyn please speak

1 Like

Does hardware get submitted to the FCC before it’s actually complete? I mean, it is in beta testing. Who knows what changes might be made that might require resubmitting it to the FCC. Why do something wrong multiple times when you can do it right just once?

So why make useless submissions if the hardware is not completed?