Video Doorbell Power Button On/Off Feature

I would like to see the Wyze Video Doorbell have a simple " Off " feature / " power button " much like the V2 cams etc… right there on screen as viewing live feed. Some way to turn it off so even if push notifications are off it still is not triggering and recording while you are working on your porch.

Mod Note: Title Edited to Enhance Search Clarity.

In the meantime, you can disable “event recording” in the camera settings manually, or make a shortcut. That will disable event clips from saving to the cloud if you are working on your porch. You could keep notifications enabled through this, as you won’t get any notifications since notifications are generated when events are saved to the cloud.

To disable “event recording”, what do i do ? Just turn off schedule from “All Day” and select and save alternative times ?

Turn the motion detect slider on the “event recording” page off.

I just made a post about this. Makes no sense they would leave this simple feature out when all the other Wyze cams have it.

I wish there was a way to turn off the doorbell cam like you can on all your other cameras. Not sure why you left this feature out. Comes in handy when your gonna be working around the front of your door so you won’t keep getting notifications. A simple on/off toggle like you have on all the other cameras would be great.

1 Like

Am I missing something or is there no on/off toggle to turn off the doorbell camera like all the other Wyze cameras have? I love this feature on the cameras if I going to be doing stuff in front of them for a while and can just toggle it off so I won’t be getting notifications every 5 seconds.

For the doorbell there is no on/off button like the others. Have you tried making a shortcut to disable motion detection and a shortcut to enable motion detection for the doorbell while you are working out front? That might be your best way to combat hundreds of motion alerts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There needs to be a way to manually (physically) power off the video doorbell so that it will reconnect to Wi-Fi. It is very inconvenient (and downright broken if we’re not home) to have to reset the circuit breaker to make the doorbell reconnect to the router.

Update: By the way, why does the Video Doorbell not automatically try to reconnect to Wi-Fi every minute or two or use some kind of backoff strategy?

3 Likes

On/Off Button for Doorbell in Wyze App

Add an On/Off button on the home page of the Wyze app for the doorbell, similar to that of the cameras.

Why would a user want to turn off their doorbell camera? (To help Wyze design a solution, any feature request should include at least one use case that explains what the customer wants to accomplish.)

P.S. There is a distinction between turning off the camera (like the on/off button does for Wyze cameras) and powering off the Video Doorbell, as I requested in an earlier comment.

1 Like

During the summer, the kids are on the front porch and in the driveway which the doorbell cam picks up. I would like to see an on/off button in the app that turns off motion recording and notification. The app allows you to do that but it’s a multi-step process.

1 Like

Got it. Makes sense. :+1:

Just make a shortcut rule to disable motion detection, and another shortcut to enable motion detection for the doorbell. No need to also disable notifications because with no motion detection, there won’t be anything to notify you of.

The on/off button your request was for is for a button on the to do a soft turn off of the doorbell, like out it to sleep.