V1.3 Beta app released!!!

Hello all! We just had iOS Beta app V1.3.112 released:

Changes include:

• Fixed an issue that download bitrate sometimes doesn’t update

• Fixed a live view layout issue after zoom+rotate

• Fixed alert list no refresh after switching from background

• Other bug fixes and UI updates

(This is our candidate for V1.3 official app. If you see any issue that may affect release, please report)

Suggested test areas:

• Generic use

• V1.3 features

Thanks!

How do I update my 1.3.104 beta version on ios?

Green “re-arrange” button

In my opinion the ability to “re-arrange” the cameras/feeds was a HUGE leap forward… thank you.

But I do NOT love the fact that the big green blob/button stays where it does. I think it would make MUCH more sense to MOVE it to the top/task bar area. Somewhere near or just to the left of the “+” button at the upper right.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure we are all happy to have the ability, simply the fact that the button (on iOS, iPhone 7 plus) remains over the camera feed screen is less than ideal. It sits over/covers the corner where the time/date info is.

I would assume most people will use that button VERY rarely, IE arrange your cameras how you want them once, maybe twice and then you are done with it… yet there it sits… mocking me… every day, always…

Just move it out of the way. KEEP it, just put it elsewhere.

My two cents…

Patrick

I have been receiving alert notifications just fine using V1.3.113 beta on my Pixel 2 running Android 8.1. I have not noticed any other issues. A feature I would love to see, though, is the ability to set up multiple alert schedules. Currently, I can set the app to alert me all day long, or during specific hours. What I would like to be able to do is set up different schedules for weekdays, weekends and nights, or to have a “Home” and “Away” mode. I’ve recently switched to Wyze from Zmodo, and the Zmodo ecosystem allowed for custom alert scheduling. That is the feature I miss the most. As it stands, I get a million alerts all weekend long, when we’re actually home.

This is dreaming a bit, I realize, but I’d love to see a widget for the app that allows for easy switching between enabling and disabling alerts. Enable it when I leave, disable it when I get home. Or even better, use geo-fencing to do it automatically.

It may take a few days to process the beta request. It seems like you are on the ‘processed’ list now. Please reply if you are still waiting.

If you open TestFlight app there should be an ‘update’ button.

Hi, that is a fair comment. Thanks for the feedback!

We are working on IFTTT integration which will enable the two scenarios mentioned above. Besides that, we will also consider adding the features into our app later. Please stay tuned… :slight_smile:

Not sure if you saw my other topic so just in case:

https://www.wyzecam.com/forums/topic/v-1-3-113-testing/#post-135257

Thanks.

Yes, I saw it and have passed it to the devs. I will reply the original thread.

Is the beta app going to be released soon as a standard update?

Never mind, i installed the beta app

Update - released the Android beta app V1.3.150 to testing.

Changes include:

• Remember user’s last alert schedule setting that is not all day
  • Preparation for new product
  • Bug fixes

Thanks!

How do I leave the Beta program?
Not interested any longer.
Have asked support and didn’t receive response.

On Android, you go to Play Store, click on “my apps and games”, which should give you a list of your apps. Look for heading of “beta” (or scroll down to Wyze). Click on Wyze and scroll down. You’ll see a button to click to leave beta program.

If you use iOS device, go to TestFlight, pick Wyze app. Scroll down to the bottom and there will be a ‘StopTesting’ button to click on.

Thank you. That worked.
For those who read this, after leaving as explained above, you are not done yet:
You now have to uninstall the app since it’s the beta, and go to the app store and download the regular Wyze app.
Now this is scary since it will trigger a new sign-in (where is your password, ugh), and it gives the impression you’ll have to setup everything again since it starts by asking you some basic questions you entered the first time you installed the app. But don’t worry, it will stop asking questions at some point and will end up retrieving all your cameras and their respective settings.

1 Like