V1.3 Beta app released!!!

Yup. Understand it is not a pressing issue. From our end it is still a bug to chase. We will file a bug and follow up. Thanks!

This is a known issue and we’re working on a fix. Stay tuned!

I really like the feature set in 1.3.107. The motion detection area has made the feature useful for me. I’ve only missed one or two detections, but I’m playing with the sensitivity to see what happens. I received my V2 camera, but I’ve just been too busy to set it up.

I have a couple of issues with 1.3.107, Android 7.0 on a LG V20. Perhaps this first one is related to those layout problems that were mentioned for Android 5.

I can’t seem to reproduce this, but after I adjusted the detection area, the camera images are squashed vertically. The one screen cap that I was able to get shows this in the live view, and the multi-camera view also showed each view vertically squashed, but I didn’t grab that screen.

Earlier today, I went to play back a motion alert clip, and the phone just froze completely. It was stuck on the notifications screen, with the NO MORE text at the bottom. I had to take the battery out of the phone after a few minutes. (Which is why I only buy phones with removable batteries.)

The last weird thing is that when I start the app, it doesn’t always come up front. It does open, but the phone jumps back to its home screen. The app is running in the task manager, and its icon is in the LG second screen strip on the top, but it has just not taken focus on the display.

I hope these descriptions are useful. If you want logs, I can submit through the app, but I couldn’t attach the picture that way.

Well I talked too fast. Issue is back now that I am checking notifications video out of home (different wifi than cams).

When might iOS V1.3.xxx go public? Am very interested in several of the feature enhancements you’ve listed. And I almost hate to bring this up again, but are there plans in the queue for app-wide support for landscape mode (if you were using only an iPad like me, you’d understand why I’m asking). Thanks.

I would expect it stabilize for about two weeks before releasing to public. This is a major release. I love to push it to customers sooner but we have to make sure the quality is good. Per your landscape layout question, we will consider but not for near future. We already have our hands full for quite a few things. We can only do them one by one. I totally understand what you mean though.

Just got both the beta app update and the firmware update for the WyzeCam 2s that showed up earlier this week. Running a new Samsung S9 Plus, and the app update seems to have fixed the missing notifications, thank you!

I’m hoping you folks will get around to letting us pick out own notification sounds and settings eventually, but this is streets ahead of not getting them at all!

I’m actually getting notifications now with the android beta. I was not with the standard release.

Hi, can you uninstall your V1.2.76 app and re-install V1.2.76 app? That should fix the problem. It was a mistake I made for a day. We fixed it later but it probably impacted you. Thanks!

Hi,

Been playing for a while with Android app version 1.3.107, firmware 3.9.3.28 and here are some of the problems I am encountering.

1. Screen layout in landscape mode. Very anoying problem. The screen layout on Samsung Android 6 tablet (and Samsung 7.0 phone) is all out of wack wether I ty to view the Livestream or notification videos. (See picture atttached).

2. when sharing a notification video (for instance to google photos), I get no sound within the exported video.

3. viewing from the SD card using the timeline bar often freeze. Recording a portion of video to save to the album will get you the sound but it’s out of sync.

4. playing a notification video a second time makes the application crash.

5. notifications system works sporadically

6. sound detection seems to be too sensitive while motion mayb not enough.

I hope you’ll consider fixing those bugs before adding bells and whistles as this makes your application and cams a pain to use in my case.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issues! We will not release the current beta to public for sure. The next beta app update will be released this week. Here are some replies for your issues.

1. Screen layout in landscape mode - this is an issue when you start the app with the system in landscape mode. We fixed that in next update.

2. no sound for sharing a notification video - our audio codec is G711 format. Some player software (including Windows default player) doesn’t play that. Some other software (like VLC) will play it. This one is a format issue which will unlikely to be changed in next update

3. freeze/lagging with SD card playback - Is this an issue just with the latest beta app? We didn’t change anything in recent update. That could be an issue with V1.2 app. I am asking since I want to measure the priority for fixing it in beta app

4. playing a notification video a second time makes the application crash - fixed in next update

5. notifications system works sporadically - Need more info about this. If you are missing notifications, I would like to get your Wyze account name, the missed alert notification’s date, time, and your time zone. We can see if our server record succeeded or failed

6. sound detection seems to be too sensitive while motion may not be enough - Both sound and motion have a slider that you can control the sensitivity. We just updated a v1 beta firmware which tuned up motion sensitivity. Please feel free to give it a try.

Again, thanks!

I signed up but have not received my invitation.

Hi, we have a little backlog for processing beta requests. If you applied on Tuesday or later please wait another day or two. Thanks!

I get the notification only if I goto the notification tab but no popup or maybe once or twice this week, also the push notification will switch off on it’s own.

I assume this is Android phone. We changed notification service in V1.3. Please try our beta app once you got signed up. Thanks!

Yes - i’m using android phone my wife has the iphone. I did apply for the beta

Hello,

1. Ok will wait for next app update to test it out. Please note that I set my tablet to not rotate and always be in Landscape mode (16:10 ratio). Using a 10.5 inches, 16:10 ratio tablet in portrait is a real pain.
  2. Got you. I get the sound using VLC and MX Player on Android but not when using Google photos to play the video. Maybe Google will fix that one of those days.
  3. I can not say if the freezing with viewing the SD card was there before. I am not sure if that is all related to that layout issue neither as sometimes I loose the date/time stamp in the lower right corner because of the layout problems and sometimes I get all sorts of problems until I restart the app. What I know is that it tends to freeze when I play around and change to a different date to view motion recordings on the SD card. I use record on motion only. I go to a spot in the time line where there should be a recording and nothing, it freezes. I restart the app and go to that same date time and it's ok. Seems to be happening if I view some recording one day than change to a different day. If I record a video (with sound) of a portion of the timeline, the sound is out of sync when I view the video using either VLC or MX player.
  4. Thanks. Will wait for next app update.
  5. Ok. I will monitor that out more closely. Mind you that the notification system seems indeed more stable in the 1.3 beta.
  6. Ok, Thanks again.

Just release an update for Beta. Please give it a try. We should have fixed most (not all yet) layout issues. thanks!

Android Beta app V1.3.113 released.

Changes include:

• Fixed layout issue starting from OS landscape mode
  • Fixed layout issue for a non 16:9 ratio devices
  • Fixed a crash when playing alert video second time
  • Added clean up cache files (UI not final)
  • Other bug fixes

Known issue:

• When not connected, there could still be a black square/layout issue in view area

Suggested testing areas:

• More layout testing

• Alert and notification related features

• Clear cache

Thank you. This version definitely fixed the weird landscape/stretching issue that was happening.