Using cam w/o it connecting to wyze servers

I would like to see Wyze integration with Synology NAS,I have two of them. It would be another avenue for revenue. They have a Surveillance module for IP cameras built in but very basic. But Wyze could have their OWN APP with the AI service they offer, You could have cloud backup, local recording. The monthly fee is reasonable now I feel. The products work as advertised for me.

3 Likes

My only hope (looking at this thread) was that I could use the Wyze cameras with other DVR/NVR/VMS software. Only because of the possible event Wyze starts charging, gets sold or goes under.

I like geovision which I use everyday (you need their cameras or a license for others to use it) BUT I am able to search video and stop on a mark/selected area of the screen that changes, Its displays motion clips in buckets with a still frame so it is easy to navigate (looking for a missing part or something showing up; gate open, etc). It has snap shot on motion or a face (alarms too), etc. So I would love to add the cameras to that system, even at a small charge for a license via either company. I have paid $20-50 to use other non-geovision cameras.

Looks like we drifted off topic Using cam w/o it connecting to wyze servers. And I know I am talking DVR more than camera and a some annoyances.

I will look at EliasKotlyar/Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks since I am off for a few days. Make sure it does not wack my camera. Will report back if it is a good solution to use on other camera programsā€¦ My son did try something with the open home thing and said the cameras did not work well after the flash. Will get more details there too.

1 Like

Well with a V2 or Pan Cam you have at least two choices. The Dafang Hacks RTSP firmware will divorce you entirely from the Wyze "ecosystem* - they become standalone IP cameras that donā€™t phone home. The newly revised Wyze RTSP firmware will allow you to do both (keep ā€œconnecting to Wyze serversā€ while also incorporating with your DVR software of choice). This does not yet apply to the V3, although theyā€™ve promised it. Personally I havenā€™t even gone that far; Iā€™m still using TinyCam Pro with regular Wyze credentials / protocol.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Donā€™t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

2 Likes

Sweeeeeeeet responseā€¦

Absolutely thank you for pushing anything that leans towards respect for Apple users who buy WYZE ā€¦ HomeKit support now please !!!

So by your own statements where you advocate just staying with the Wyze ecosystemā€¦the new offline system still Incorporates being in the ecosystem?

All you do unfortunately is back Wyze. Iā€™m down to 10 cameras from 18. They regularly fail not by my hand but by updates.

We need a clean RTSP from Wyze to show we own our products. You canā€™t even begin to admit that. Your post history shows this.

When do I get full control of my purchased products for any reason?. What was once free as standard is now a paid option. Disprove that, I have been here for 2.5yrs.

Wyze has evolved into Yi cameras where they forced you to dismiss their advertising to even see YOUR videos.

Yes, Iā€™m a 5 yr owner of YI ALSO. Iā€™ve seen where we are going with WYZE and itā€™s all a ā€œin the worksā€

You lack credibility. The mods are free volunteers and will delete or edit this truth. Yet our logs show different, as do screencaptures from you and many others.

Wow, you get a cheap IP camera and expect high end features. What do you expect for $30 or $50? The fact you can install a SD card is the main feature I appreciate (WYZE please increase it to 128Gb they are cheap now). Hey maybe in the future they will come out with a business class product that connects to itā€™s own server software or hardware. If that is an issue people want to PAY FOR! There by jacking up the price to what others pay for IP cameras $$$ that are feature rich and connect to NVR recorders. If itā€™s not working for you as it is, buy something else. It works for me, they sent me my V3 in a timely manner, Iā€™ve had the V2 PanCam for a year, w/o issue, updates never failed, and the CamPlus subscription is VERY affordable. Iā€™ve also bought the WYZE Band, it works as advertised, w/ long battery life. I donā€™t use Alexa but if they add Google Home then sure I will connect to that. I look forward to getting my WYZE watch sometime in February.

As far as I can see WYZE has a lot of good smart home products coming out. I look to them to make their products secure. The Cyber War is Real, thereā€™s no getting around that. And if they are NOT, then itā€™s on the end user to secure their network at home like we all should do, but many donā€™t. I invested in a network security device 3 years ago, best purchase Iā€™ve made, No malware, no ransomware, and viruses are stopped at the gateway. Prices start at about the $350 range for quality. But stick with a trusted name brand and do a little research, something with daily updates is the most protection. Itā€™s cheaper than having to get your pc or network cleaned of malware.

Watson Computers

| Rightly_Red
January 3 |

• | - |

So by your own statements where you advocate just staying with the Wyze ecosystemā€¦the new offline system still Incorporates being in the ecosystem?

Customer:

I wasnā€™t speculating. I read it somewhere. :slight_smile:Quoting a Wyze rep stating their profit margin and that they do NOT lose money on their hardware sales. If I were merely speculating I would have said so.

Customer:

I didnā€™t write it. Itā€™s a link to Gwendolynā€™s post.

All you do unfortunately is back Wyze. Iā€™m down to 10 cameras from 18. They regularly fail not by my hand but by updates.

We need a clean RTSP from Wyze to show we own our products. You canā€™t even begin to admit that. Your post history shows this.

When do I get full control of my purchased products for any reason?. What was once free as standard is now a paid option. Disprove that, I have been here for 2.5yrs.

Wyze has evolved into Yi cameras where they forced you to dismiss their advertising to even see YOUR videos.

Yes, Iā€™m a 5 yr owner of YI ALSO. Iā€™ve seen where we are going with WYZE and itā€™s all a ā€œin the worksā€

You lack credibility. The mods are free volunteers and will delete or edit this truth. Yet our logs show different, as do screencaptures from you and many others.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

ā€œWow, you get a cheap IP camera and expect high end features. What do you expect for $30 or $50? The fact you can install a SD card is the main feature I appreciate (WYZE please increase it to 128Gb they are cheap now). Hey maybe in the future they will come out with a business class product that connects to itā€™s own server software or hardware. If that is an issue people want to PAY FOR! There by jacking up the price to what others pay for IP cameras $$$ that are feature rich and connect to NVR recorders.ā€

I paid $20, $40 would be double if I paid that but I can swing it. So they send a stream to their servers and I want it going to mine? What is the high end about that??? You like the price I like the price. Not sure by me pointing the stream to my own server will raise every ones cost? Also, I see you want more LOCAL, none ecosystem storage for yourself? Donā€™t wreck my price(s)ā€¦

"If itā€™s not working for you as it is, buy something else. It works for me, "

I asked for a change like you asked for a change. Do not recall it not working for me, or ever stating that. Seems a bit one sided.

ā€œthey sent me my V3 in a timely manner, Iā€™ve had the V2 PanCam for a year, w/o issue, updates never failed, and the CamPlus subscription is VERY affordable. Iā€™ve also bought the WYZE Band, it works as advertised, w/ long battery life. I donā€™t use Alexa but if they add Google Home then sure I will connect to that. I look forward to getting my WYZE watch sometime in February.ā€

I have maybe 15 Wyze products in my home (3 pre-orders; watch/thermostat/dual plug) and have sold maybe 25 other people on Wyze. I also have a couple Wyze switches that do not play nice (only tick my wife off), I figure for the price, I can live with it until fixed (hopefully).

ALSO, I also have a bricked camera that I do not recall ever complaining about or calling for services. At their price, just get another one. I can think of one person I know that has 1 of 3 broke (watches her cats with them). Does happen. Itā€™s a new day in the World, we all must adapt.

Back on topic now I hopeā€¦

Nice Rantā€¦

There are others that offer the connectivity you ask for. And yes it costs development money to implement. Software changes donā€™t always play nice together. As far as hardware failures, sometimes static electricity blows up our technology. We also forget about cosmic radiation that does pass thru the earth everyday all day and night. These are known and expected events, we canā€™t always mitigate the damage.

Good post and good information

1 Like

Never lost a TV, microwave, computer, cell phone, or anything like that. Guess I have been very lucky.

You havenā€™t lived long enough or your lying. One or the other history has documented these issues with all electronics. Why do they have a UL label then. Stuff happens for sure your turn will come or has.

Jerry

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Now indirect name calling.

All I can say is when I took our products to UL they impact tested them, high voltage tested them, etc. This was many years ago. The location of ULā€™s lab was at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton Florida. I was the head of R&D (hardware and software; so I know the cost of software) for a then and still multi-million dollar company. Telco equipment, so power lines were one of many things we protected against.

Also, no gamma ray hits on my RAM either that I am aware of. Now FP&L, that is another story.

Can we please get back to ā€œUsing cam w/o it connecting to wyze serversā€.

Well, I stand corrected. I give respect to your life experience. As I too am aware of the cost and man hours required to get that UL stamp. We were making pagers back in the day with custom software. Each model was a real pain in the butt. Same tests for each slight variation to the hardware, plus software validation. Those were the days all done by hand/Staff. Now itā€™s some AI in Taiwan or not done at all, end users are the beta testers.

Jerry Watson
Watson Computers

I donā€™t think overuse of the word ā€œliarā€œ is a really good idea this is a place to exchange ideas not point fingers at each other

After 4 years of hearing lies, I call it as I see it.

Jerry Watson
Watson Computers

I stand by my original statement

I havenā€™t known of you for even 4 days?? Nor insinuated any names. My background is EE and CS, Management as well, and since 1979 (yep old). But we are here as consumers for Wyze with a question on a forum.

You can stand by whatever you like. I, like the OP, simply want to know if there are options without their servers. Not a big deal. We will not get the price raised on you.