Two-factor (2FA) for TinyCam

Fire stick on screen keypad doesn’t have a space bar button? I have my TCP running on Chromecast. Will have to check Fire Stick when I get home tonight.

So I tried other apps and devices and confirmed it’s something with the firestick app for sure. 2fa worked on other things so idk

I haven’t downloaded Tinycam yet from Amazon to my fire stick. Yet. Have to buy it twice, since I bought it on Google play also. Lol. I don’t want to get into side loading yet.

2fa codes aren’t intended to be entered with spaces. I just long press them to copy and then paste into whatever I’m logging into on my phone or tablet. I’ve typed them in also when necessary, but never with spaces.

The Amazon fire stick keyboard doesn’t have a space bar, but I think they have a space key. For clarification.

For my 2fa app at least, I only have 30 seconds to get the code into whatever I’m logging into.

If you’re late, the code has changed already.

If your entering spaces, “I think” that would invalidate the 6 digit 2fa code as well.

So, I’m guessing here since I haven’t set it up yet.

Presume when logging into Tinycam Pro, you enter your email and password and it asks for the 2fa code in the Firestick.

When the popup comes up for the code on the firestick, click in there to get the Firestick keyboard up.

Have your 2fa app opened on your phone, and wait for a new rotation to start unless you’re a fast Firestick remote user.
Enter the code quickly.

I’m pretty sure almost all authenticator apps rotate the codes every 30 seconds. But may be selectable when setup.

I’m presuming some things, that you have Tinycam already on your phone and 2fa works there without spaces and maybe other apps you setup for 2fa.

2fa codes are usually an option and may need to be setup separately on Firestick, IF you did what I will do and bought from Google play and Amazon app store. If not, that’s not the problem.

Tinycam is a per place of purchase type app.
So I can run it on my tablets and phone without buying again from Google play.

But, I’ll have to setup a separate 2fa for the Firestick as it will be a new Tinycam purchase.

Sorry for long arse post.

i have tinycam on fire tv
it found my wyze cams.
after entering login/password tinycam wants 2fa code but wyze does not send me code over email

As I understand it, the Tiny Cam App has recently changed to support the different Wyze 2FA methods.

This was a new experience for me recently as well. I use Tiny Cam Pro. Previously, I only had Authenticator App listed within my Wyze App as my method of 2FA. When TCP would ask for a 2FA code, I would use my Authenticator App to get the Wyze 2FA Code and enter it into the TCP 2FA field.

I recently updated my Wyze 2FA settings and designated my Authenticator App as Primary and added SMS Text and Email as secondary methods.

Now, when TCP requests a 2FA code for a Wyze Cam and the TCP 2FA field pops up, I immediately get an SMS Text message from Wyze with the 2FA code. I don’t have to do anything. It just sends it and it works. So it looks like the TCP app is initiating the 2FA code request automatically and SMS is the default.

I would suggest updating your Wyze 2FA settings in the Wyze App to include SMS Text as a secondary method and test it out. Alternatively, you can use an Authenticator App linked to Wyze and use that to generate the code.

it appears there is no way to add secondary 2fa method without logging out.
when trying add secondary method i see warning:
“once you select method you will be logged out of all other active sessions”

at times it is impossible to log in in wyze app, last time i remember there was error message for months.

i would like to add secondary method but without forced logout

1 Like

I am also hesitant to do any mods to my 2FA anymore as I had issues logging into the Beta App when I logged out recently. I had to install an old version of the production app from before they rolled out OAuth and then update to current.

One other issue I found is that if I log into the App using the Google OAuth method, I get absolutely no options to modify my 2FA in the Wyze App. I can’t turn it on or off or edit my 2nd and 3rd options. I have to log out and log back in using the User\Pass and primary 2FA to get the options for editing the settings.