Two-factor (2FA) for TinyCam

V3 continues to ask for 2FA. I use several Fire Tablets with four existing cameras which work great. Never could get V3 to run since it came out because of this 2FA prompting. It works great on ios.

I should add that 2FA is not turned on in the Wyze ios app and I never get a code on my phone when trying to configure the V3.

TinyCam Pro on Nvidia Shield TV. I have 4 Wyze Cam v3’s and NO two step verification. I’ve read all suggestions etc on this thread and everything I’ve tried still results in getting the enter 2fa verification code.

Any recent suggestions on how to get this set up to work? Thanks!

OK, so I have bought 7 Wyze cams. One is dead from RLD, one is dead due to a vapor spot smack dab in the middle of the lens, two of my “working” V3 cams fill with condensation anytime there is a heavy rain. Now suddenly, I have to deal with the 2FA . This is stupid. Where are you Wyze ? The ticketing process

Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/tinycam/comments/155nul2/wyze_empty_login/

Login for Wyze cameras is broken at the moment for tinyCam. Fix will be available within a couple days. Currently in beta testing.

Suddenly?

I have had my TCP streaming all my compatible Wyze cams with 2FA enabled for a very, very long time. It is a really simple authentication with an Authenticator App. Put it in once and it’s done. I haven’t had to authenticate since then.

Yes. It has been confirmed that the TCP Beta is working with the recent Wyze server mods. Connections should be fixed in the next TCP update.

tinyCam 17.0 released! Wyze OG and Floodlight Pro support.

Changes:

• Added Wyze OG, OG Telephoto, Doorbell Pro and Floodlight Pro cameras support.
  • Added 2x3 and 3x2 layout support.
  • Fixed Wyze login and event playback issues.
  • Removed obsolete Microsoft OneDrive support

https://www.reddit.com/r/tinycam/comments/159x0gg/tinycam_170_released_wyze_og_and_floodlight_pro/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @ronsrochester!

Now that is a reason to update ASAP!

What? Obsolete? I still use MS OneDrive! What does that say about me?

1 Like

Just disable the 2fa in your wyze app and your cameras will work fine after doing this.

1 Like

Not recommended. The 2FA is a security measure to protect your cams and account from unauthorized access. Perhaps leave your car and house doors unlocked as well.

Tiny Cam works perfectly with 2FA enabled.

I have the same problem and I dont receive the text from Wyze with the code.

It’s easy if it’s working. Where are the instructions to set up with tinycam? Mine all work with the Wyze app. But fail with tinycam (& BlueStacks). Any hints? thnx.

I don’t believe there are “official” instructions specifically for Wyze Cams.

Here is the TinyCam manual

https://tinycammonitor.com/manual.html

However users have posted some great How To posts.

This one was put together by seebwewgmail-com

My recommendation… only setup one cam in TinyCam. Then, once it is running, simply copy that cam. It will automatically assign it to the next available channel. Then, edit the copy and change the Camera UID by selecting the next cam from the Wyze Cams on your account. It will automatically change the Cam Name for you. If it is a Pan Cam, change the Camera Model to Pan Cam so you get the PTZ controls. Doing this will save you the trouble of doing all the setup on every cam.

2 Likes

I ran across this thread and was curious, and fired up TCP on my Fire HD10, sure enough asking for a 2fa code on a camera.

Poked in my Wyze 2fa code and it fired right up.:person_shrugging:

I use better than TOTP when I can. The codes are stored separately on my Yubikeys.

PS: It keeps asking everytime though.:roll_eyes:

The heck with it, I’ll just use the group in the app. That’s works.

I couldn’t give up, put in a second 2fa and it still works after closing and opening. We’ll see.

1 Like

How do you get the 2fa code through the app though to enter in fire stick. I’ve tried to turn 2fa on off and everything and still can’t get TC through fire stick

If you are using Text or Email for your 2FA, you would initiate a login to the App. When they text or email the code to the phone, don’t use it on the phone. Put that code into the TC 2FA dialog. You can just close the app and do it again to get another code.

If you are using an Authenticator App on your phone, generate a code on the phone and enter that into the TC 2FA dialog.

I never get any kind of notification though from text or email or anything and I verified everything is correct. Maybe I just need to play around more

When should I get the text or email with the code?
I’m used to apps that send it right away when I open tinycam I get no notification from any 2fas. Am I supposed to go in a settings and have it send somehow

You aren’t going to get any code generated out of Tinycam. That is input only. When Tinycam Asks for the code, you have to get that code from either an Authenticator App you have installed with Wyze linked, or you have to initiate a login to the Wyze App with text or email 2FA enabled.

Once you click the “send code” in the Wyze login, you should get the text or email within a minute or two with the code. Use that code in the TinyCam 2FA Code input, not the Wyze App.

Once Tiny cam has the code, you can close the Wyze app without logging in, open it again and have it generate a new code for your App login.

The easiest way is to use an authenticator app so that you never have to log out or into the Wyze app to get the code.

I was meaning more of TC sending a notification to wyze to send a 2fa code sort of thing
So I have the authenticator all set up and it keeps changing codes like it should I believe . But I enter them into TC and it still doesnt work. So I’m like what the heck

Ok so I’ve come to the conclusion it’s something with the fire stick app. I tried it on TC on my phone and tablet and no issues . Maybe it’s cuz I can’t enter spaces on firestick but can on phone. The code is 3 digits space than 3 digits sooo maybe that’s the issue :man_shrugging:t2: