Thermostat support for Evaporative Cooling (Swamp Cooler)

It would be great if the Thermostat would work with controlling an Evaporative (EVAP)/Swamp Cooler for us users in arid climates where central A/C isn’t the norm for cooling. All the houses I’ve lived in in Arizona and Colorado have had EVAP coolers instead of central A/C. Our current home has 2 wall controllers, a thermostat for the furnace heat in the winter and separate unit that controls the fan speed, temperature, and draining of the EVAP Cooler for cooling in the summer. Combining these 2 into 1 would be fantastic!

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved to create this new wishlist topic for better visibility as your idea was not included in the initial Thermostat design. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support for your own request.

3 Likes

Smart Evaporative Cooler Thermostat

I’m a huge Wyze fan and have many of their products. And I like the Wyze thermostat. But I live in the desert. And like many of us in the southwestern U.S. and other arid parts of the world, I have an evaporative cooling system (also known as a swamp cooler). To the best of my understanding, the Wyze smart thermostat does not work with the millions of these systems installed around the world. Not only that, I know of exactly ZERO other manufacturers out there that provide a smart thermostat for evaporative coolers. I’d love it if Wyze would update their smart thermostat for use with these systems. It seems like a wide open market for them as well. Thanks!