Strange noise inside Cam Pan out of the box

Received new shipment of a Cam Pan, nice packing and texture of the product. Before I set it up, I heard a strange loose metal object tossing around inside the shell as I turned over the camera. I can shake it and replicate the loose metal object noise inside. I wouldn’t plug in the camera unless I hear someone respond to my Support Inquiry. It has been a day, no response from customer service or support. Called the number and experienced a high volume of calls, I waited for 20 minutes, then I hung up.

Nice little camera so far just by the feel and look. I don’t want to return if I have a choice. Can someone help?

Hello, thank you for the update.

Can you please reply with your ticket number and we will notify the support team.

Ticket number 54059. I have even supplemented my youtube video URL showing how the noise sounds like. No one has watched my video.

Thank you, we have forwarded your ticket number to the support team!

Thank you! Can you also prioritize my ticket with the support team? I don’t want to miss the 30-day return window if I end up having to return it. I think there is a defect in the unit and I won’t power this on fearing that there could be a short caused by loose item inside. Thank you!

Thank you, we have passed your concerns to the support team :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about that. I’ve got you covered. :slight_smile:

It looks like you got through today! I’ll let the team keep working on it. :slight_smile:

Hi, I know this is almost a year ago, but I just noticed the same problem with my Cam Pan. I’ve had it for a few weeks without hearing that same noise (loose metal object), but now I hear something rattling around. The camera seems to still be functioning fine, but I want to check and see if this is a known issue or if it could cause problems if unaddressed. Thank you!

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.