Smarter, Better, Faster, Stronger: Wyze Robot Vacuum! 11/10/20

What’s the return policy on this thing? If it works as spotty as my cams, I need to know I can return it.

Any news on when this can be available in Canada? I remember a while back there was a post of Wyze finally selling in Canada in Q1 2021?

1 Like

There are 2 buttons

The Home button single press will send it home
The Home button long press with start spot-cleanup

The Power button single press cycles between start/pause/resume
The Power button long press will turn it off (which I don’t ever see a reason for doing, other than maybe for storage)

If the Vacuum is idle/stuck away from the home base, it goes into sleep mode after awhile. Any button will first wake it up, then you got to press again to execute above commands.

2 Likes

Very nice detail! However, when Home is long-pressed you get “Factory Settings will be restored”.

Looks like we’re all getting a free Wyze cam v3. They now have over 20,000 pre-orders…woohoo!

1 Like

“but are actually punishing the rest of us” Sr, you need some macro economic classes.

You are assuming that a differing opinion from your own implies a lack of education (that everyone would agree with the same information), rather than a different conclusion. I have taken higher education macro-economics classes and concluded that I do not agree with Tariffs in general and especially when they are being leveraged as retribution in a trade war situation. Your support of tariffs, including these in particular may be for any number ideological or politically motivated reasons, I respect that…but it would be extremely fallacious to presume my disagreement with your personal or your group stances means I do not understand the issues. I know they can make different impacts in different ways, I just do not conclude that overall it is a positive action (maybe a bandaid on one injury by causing other injuries elsewhere). We could get into big looping cause and effect cycles, but what’s the point.

Meh, to each his own. You’re entitled to your opinions and ideologies about tariffs, but as it relates to the Wyze vacuum right here, we see one immediate big negative effect…that’s all I was talking about as it relates to Wyze and stuff I like…it’s causing the immediate price of things I want to buy to go up, and I don’t like that. We can agree to disagree on ideology since that’s not really what this forum is for…

2 Likes

I ordered the vacuum for $199 immediately after I received notification of the preorder promotion. Over the next couple of days, I received two additional offers: one provided for a free Cam v3 (which I already have on preorder) and the other gave $20 off the $199 price.

1 Like

Does the Robot Vacuum need an internet connection? Does it store the mapping data locally or remotely?

+1 here.

Frustrated with missing out on the pre-order pricing on all of these Wyze products I want because they can’t figure out the Canadian shipping situation.

@tragicallyal, what smart scale did you end up getting?

What’s the return policy on this thing? If it works as spotty as my cams, I need to know I can return it.

My understanding is shipping to Canada falls under international commerce rules/laws, so it not a simple shipping issue. Hopefully they will have the problem solved soon.

1 Like

I would love to stay in the Wyze ecosystem but the 3200mah battery is a deal breaker for me. Maybe in the future they will offer a version with a bigger battery. I don’t want to vacuum for 20 minutes then charge for hour(s) and continue.

Battery life is at least an hour and a half. I think it says 110 minutes in the video on the product page.

1 Like

The dust pan is 550ml… lol. Using metric sure makes it sound bigger. J/K… So that is a little over a pint (1.16 pt) and roughly 2.32 cups… Hmm, I hope that is sufficient for 2 dogs? One of each hair type of long and short. Not like it matters… I am getting the Wyze Vac anyways! :joy: I would be very very happy, ecstatic even, if this helps me ease the amount of work by any degree.

Still, I didn’t notice anything listed regarding the dust pan barely, nor the fact that the hepa filter is also part of it with exception to what is ‘In The Box’. Most info is about mapping, which I understand is vital of course, but does the vac’s system of notifications, whether on the vac or in app, warn when the dust pan is filled or that it needs to be emptied? Will the vac stop its program if this is the case, and wait until its cleaned out?

Thanks in advance for help! I apologize if I am being repetitive but I didn’t see any post such as this besides dustpan size…

This will be my first robot vacuum with a lidar.
I can’t wait to see it in action!

1 Like

I’ll point out that my Dyson v8 Cordless has a 0.14 gallon capacity… which is 530ml. It is small, but big enough to vacuum a small apartment with a dog. I would guess it would fill up after doing a large room with a couple dogs that hasn’t been vacuumed in a while. But portability is key with a cordless, as is saving space and weight with a robot vacuum. I would not expect a robot vacuum to be able to do a full house without being emptied, and even the very expensive Roombas with docking stations that empty automatically get complaints by users of how often the docking station need to be emptied. I’m not sure why people expect so much from robot vacuums. They’re keeping the house clean, continuously, of course they’re going to fill up their capacity a lot.

1 Like

Lidar at this price point just got me too excited :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for info… This is my first ‘robo’ vac so my frame of reference is you guys on here. So if that’s the case from what you said it should be a help at least and I don’t mind emptying the dock daily.
The main thing I’m just curious if there is any notifications when it comes to needing to clean the dust pan out? That would be nice feature. If not then oh well… I think I will make it through the day! Lol :laughing:

1 Like