Shipping Charges

Sounds good to me. Have fun.

1 Like

“Amazon is almost always less expensive.”

Do you think the volume Amazon ships has anything to do with their lower cost, or do you think that no matter how much volume a company ships, their per piece cost remains the same?

1 Like

Oh it absolutely has an affect. I’m not blind to that! That’s not the point though that I was making with him. He said we weren’t comparing companies shipping fees but that is what people have been talking about is shipping fees are more expensive than with some other companies. So I was stating to him that yes it is relevant to compare companies when talking about shipping fees. He brought up Amazon not me

I didn’t say you were blind to it. But, apples to apples, not oranges. Amazon shipping charges are less than Wyze’s, and Amazon’s shipping costs are far less than Wyze’s.

/unsub

2 Likes

Other companies build a lot more profit margin into the product itself, and may offer the illusion of “free” shipping. If you prefer that illusion, you can pay more for each item and buy it from Amazon. If you’re comparing to what other companies do, that’s the main difference. Wyze makes more money when you buy something directly from them instead of buying from a reseller like Amazon, which is why the total price is cheaper from the Wyze site when you buy multiple products.

2 Likes

I never said I bought from Amazon. Again you were the one that brought Amazon up not me. I just said that competing with other companies needs to be brought into the discussion because they are competing with other companies whether you want to believe that or not

And I worked for a company that did free gift wrapping, free shipping and had a credit card that was zero fees and no interest ever as long as you paid 20% of your balance each month. If you didn’t you still never paid any fees your card was just locked. And I can tell you they did not add that into the cost of the clothing. You might think they did but they did not. They viewed it as part of doing business and setting themselves apart from the competition. And in the last 10 years they’ve tripled the amount of stores that they have while other companies have been closing stores. So not everybody is out for the almighty buck like you think they are. There are still a few companies out there that are about customer service and keeping prices as low as possible. Kind of sounds like Wyze doesn’t it. :thinking:

They’re competing with other companies, yes. I don’t know the inner workings, but I would guess that they made a conscious choice to not build shipping into the price, so that they’d be able to advertise it as a $20 camera. It also lets them offer shipping discounts when users buy multiple products, which isn’t possible when free shipping is built into the price.

Most of the competition is about 5x the price for the hardware itself, so I think customers generally don’t get too hung up on shipping, especially when it’s clear that they can’t get the product cheaper anywhere else, regardless of shipping, nor can they get similar products cheaper.

Yes, they could just price the camera as $25-26 out of the gate and offer free shipping, but you’d ultimately end up paying more money if they did that.

1 Like

Thems are fightin words.
/edit - maybe I took your statement wrong - are you saying Wyze does

I’ve dealt with suppliers of digital cutting edge technology since IBM put 3 transistors on a chip. And I cut the wafers into chips.
Wyze has so far shown to be GREAT with customer service and very good at balancing the cost of product versus the demands of customers.

2 Likes

yes I mean wise is in the same vein as the company that I used to work for. That’s the reason that I really really like Wyze and I have agreed to be a beta tester and beta tester for the app. And do anything else that they would like me to do I’d be glad to help. Being retired gives me the time to do what I want when I want. So if you took it that I meant wise had poor customer service thats the exact opposite of what I meant

2 Likes

I purchased many Wyze products but not from Wyze, from Amazon. The reason is Wyze charges shipping on almost every item and its cost is pretty high. Buying from Amazon is faster and free shipping, In case something wrong with the items, I can return to Amazon for free, However, Amazon doesn’t sell all Wyze products. If Wyze can waive their shipping, I believe more users will buy your products directly. It will make the Wyze more populated.

That’s a common mistake. Here is a V2 camera from Amazon total price is $27.86 and below that a V2 camera direct from Wyze, total price is also $27.86.

Plus you have to factor in that Amazon Prime is @$10.00 a month. So Amazon May get to you a bit faster but it’s no cheaper.

Amazon V2

Wyze V2

They are charging me $12.99 a month :confused:

I was guesstimating, I pay the same as you once I looked. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I figure it is still cheaper on me in the long run. I don’t have to drive to town to get what I need. :heavy_dollar_sign: :fuelpump:
And I can sleep in my chair until the UPS brings it to my door. :sweat_smile: Either way you go you have to pay for it.

1 Like

Indeed! I am very happy to wait in my comfy living room sipping on a cool “adult beverage” while waiting for the UPS driver or USPS driver to arrive. My Ring Video doorbell catch’s one and a Hue motion sensor catches the other!

1 Like

It does not cost double the shipping to send two sensors. If you need to charge more build it into the pricing.

I agree with Jayson. I sent Wyze a recommendation directly, and they recommended this thread to see if more people thought the same way.

My recommendation is to partner with shipping partners, like Shoprunner. Several credit cards offer Shoprunner benefits, like Amex. As long as the online retailer works with Shoprunner, the shipping is free. My proposal is for Wyze to work with Shoprunner so shipping is free for me :slight_smile: Of course, if there is a more logical shipping partner apart from Shoprunner I would understand!

I agree that Wyze’s shipping charges are ridiculous. Your suggestion sounds good.

Hello Wyze!

I wish you would include shipping in more of your products like you have done with your Wyze Sprinkler. I would rather pay $57.98 for the Sprinkler than $49.99 + shipping. Please consider doing this with all your products.

Thanks!