RTSP setup via WYZE app on neighbor's hotspot, doesn't work on my separate home network.?

Are the cams offline capable only when using the same online LAN used during setup? Because this isn’t possible for me, and I was led to believe that these cameras were offline LAN capable…

I’ve spent all day on this and as far as I can tell, I can’t use these cameras at all on my non-internet connected LAN. Please let me know if I’m missing something…

I’ll link to a support article here, but with the caveat that it may not be completely accurate:

I believe they require an internet connection when they first power on to check authentication and connectivity, but can continue to record “offline” until they’re rebooted. Some users have reported that offline recording stops after 1.5 hours.

In short, Wyze Cams are not well suited for offline use even if you can get them to work for short periods. As a workaround many people have set up a cellular hotspot or separate router with a cellular data connection to allow the cameras to check connectivity, but not upload event videos to the cloud.