Robot vacuum wheels have permanently stained my hardwood floors

I too have stains on my floors. Tile on a rental. Really hope I don’t lose my deposit over this. Yes, I tried wd-40, alcohol and a magic eraser.

I does not really make sense on ceramic as it is supposed to be non-porous.
I suggest you try with Fantastic With Bleach (the blue bottle).
Spray, let it work for about 1 minute and rinse. Usually does wonder, even on your grout that will get back to its original color.

Lighter fluid (naphtha) on paper towel worked for me on ceramic tile.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s one of those cheap porous tiles. Tried naphta as well and it didn’t work.

1 Like

Just chiming in to say that my WYZE robot vac also left marks all over my wood floor next to the charging station. My NEATO robot vac never did that, so it’s definitely a problem with the WYZE tires.

Big Wyze Supporter here, I contacted support after I noticed staining on my wood floors and carpet. The agent told me it is perfectly safe to have Wyze robot rest on wood floors. I then asked if there has ever been damage, in which he said no. I honestly thought I was the first one, until I came across this thread. I then tried to write a review to warn others on their site, and they keep deleting my review. THE ARROGANCE of this company to keep selling a product that is causing THOUSANDS of dollars in damages. I just did my floors in January, and beyond livid at how they are treating me. I get that I bought my vacuum as an early backer and there are bound to be hiccups, but my sister who I convinced to recently buy this vacuum is now having the same issue. I am honestly considering filing a class action lawsuit. Who will join?

2 Likes

But deceiving clients by telling them there has never been an issue before (in my case they lied and put the blame on me), and then keeping an item on the market after documented damage is not grounds for a class action lawsuit?

1 Like

It might be grounds for a lawsuit, but you’re probably going to have a tough time with it. It sucks when companies don’t own up to their mistakes, but they rarely ever do. A company like WYZE admitting they’re wrong and possibly having to pay for repairs of countless wood floors could easily sink them. So, I’m sure they are just going to turn a blind eye and say nothing is wrong. My advice is to just clean the marks on the wood floor the best you can, and only use the vacuum on carpet, or throw it away. It’s sad, but that’s probably the reality of the situation.

I have been saying this for over a Year (let’s see if the lemmings chime in). allic ’ THE ARROGANCE of this company to keep selling a product that is causing THOUSANDS of dollars in damages." Shame Shame on Wyze for this product.

Your question has very little to do with my statement.
I didn’t say there weren’t grounds for a lawsuit. I said, Wyze is not going to freely admit guilt. Your phone conversation with a Wyze rep. is a prime example.

BTW: An archive of this page has been saved to the Wayback Machine.
Keep this link in case this page ever disappears.

1 Like

My question is basically how many times must you touch a hot stove to realize it burns you.

By definition, insanity is trying the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result… Are we insane???

When bad things happen, they surprise us they alarm us, they disturb us, but if they happen in succession enough times, our mind, tricks us into believing that it is the status quo and not to expect anything different

Have we become lemmings, marching off the cliff of untruth and lies by a company that promises everything and delivers on very few??

I’m not sure I understand the point you’re trying to make here. I can tell you that the “burn” received from this incident has left me with distrust of Wyze. While I continue to use the products I’ve purchased, I’m leery of adding any more Wyze products and have concerns about installing some of the items I have not put in place yet. Namely the smart switches.

If Wyze would have at least contacted those that had purchased the Robot Vac and told me to monitor the floor under the unit for potential problems, it would probably not have resulted in the level of damage I have and changed my perception of the company.

This is how a company should handle such a situation:
Apple Confirms HomePod Can Leave White Rings on Wood Surfaces With Oil or Wax Finishes [Updated] - MacRumors.

1 Like

I may have over complicated my last post. My point is quite simple.

Wyze needs to take action on complaints by consumers. They need to clarify their position and they need to own the damage if caused by their product.

Of the things that I mentioned, they need to be very vocal to eliminate any potential mistrust and misunderstanding.

@angusblack … how are you??

@Big_monkey Not bad at all. I don’t own a Wyze vacuum. :joy:

Sounds like sometimes we get TOO focused on “neat-o”, convenience tech and lose practicality. It takes me about 5 minutes to sweep or vacuum my kitchen. So how much time is the robot saving me? And If now I have to fix damage, I am LOSING time, not saving. Or get a dog. That was the best “vacuum” we ever had.

My original robot vac was replaced by Wyze do to unremovable stains on my carpet at parking spot. I got them 90% out. New vacuum did same thing. About to file my report. Stains are much worse than the first time. My MAC is 7C78B240639A

Here is from old vacuum after I cleaned.

Please REPORT to Consumer Product Safety Commission…https://www.saferproducts.gov/IncidentReporting

I also have issues with the wheels staining my carpet

2 Likes

Just checking back on this thread to see if there has been a resolution to this staining issue…