Robot vacuum wheels have permanently stained my hardwood floors

i am also having same issue after i had it six months. its wrecking my new carpet

Sadly I’m still having this issue as well. Anytime it gets stuck on something it spins and leaves horrible black marks. I love the vacuum but need to figure out how to stop this and get out the ones that are now there. :frowning:

Please REPORT to Consumer Product Safety Commission…Have you called Wyze? What is there response to a Quality Flaw in there product ?
https://www.saferproducts.gov/IncidentReporting

They are black marks not sure I see them as a safety issue. I did put it in a ticket at one point but no resolution. It appears to be black wheels staining light carpet much like burning out in your car and the tire leaving marks. Thanks though.

There is another thread about the RoboVac marking up wood flooring too…
Robot vacuum wheels have permanently stained my hardwood floors
Wyze is aware and done nothing,

Yes! The wheels came with silicone or rubber covers that quickly wore and fell off.
Now, they scratch the floor. There is Nothing on the web site that offers options to replace the wheels.

And if you search this form…You will see Wyze is silent on these Major Flaws. Your luck that staining did not happen either.

I’ve just had a conversation with Support and the problem is still not fixed. They told me:

"Sometimes this caused the robot vacuum to leave dark marks on the floor it’s because the floor is wet or damp, and the vacuum ran into the dirty area and the dirty thing got into the wheels of the vacuum and lastly the wheels of the robot vacuum melted.

This issue was not yet resolved but our engineers are looking into this issue. If this would happen and can not be resolved we can replace it if it is within the warranty period. "

can they replace my floor?

1 Like

I asked that specifically, and they said no. They’ll replace robot Vac under warrantee, but not the hardwood floor.

Small Claims court. These guy’s can careless and their silence shows.

1 Like

oh man, I missed the ONE YEAR anniversary of my thread! How fun this has been, eh @wyze? anyone? Bueller? Hmmm, let me check, yep, my floor is still stained and nope, wyze has not offered to do jack about it. Cool.

1 Like

Maybe it’s time to call a News outlet on this one.

Molasses in Minnesota winter is slow… But compared with situation that you have Minnesota molasses is a speedster

1 Like

I like watching “Live on Patrol” (YouTube Minnesota Sheriff Live Stream).

Not saying that anyone should have to do this. But, I’ve had mine since pretty much the beginning and noticed the same thing. But, I clean my floors with Bona once a month just to keep it clean and that always got it off my hardwood floor (It came with the house, so I don’t know what wood it is. it kind of looks like oak) and laminet.

No fix for this yet?

I have tried Bona on my maple floors . NO Luck getting the tire marks off. Seems to have penetrated the finish.

And Wyze will Never comment on this issue. Let anyone try to defend this?

So I just want to give a current update to everyone. This week I noticed these marks on my newly refinished maple floor. The floor was sealed with 3 Coats of a water based coating. So I contacted Wyze through chat, kept getting disconnected which was frustrating, the last guy I had was clueless. So I called them. The person I got was nice and said they will replace the unit and someone would contact me about the damaged floor. She said it was a wheel issue. That was Monday then Tuesday I finally got an email offering the option of,
replacement and send back the unit
Full refund
Company credit
They will not offer any compensation for damages.
I actually really liked the unit I had nothing but issues with Roomba and literally never had an issue with the Wyze unit until now.
I have responded to them to replace the unit I will put it on a silicone mat and next I need to contact my floor guy to get his opinion.