Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today

Seems like they are all using proxies/VPN clients and it’s working.

@UserCustomerGwen

1 Like

I’m trying to ping Wyze employees on this right now.

1 Like

This time on LTE it worked. Earlier today it was not working on LTE. It’s hit and miss on LTE.

Try it with the VPN/proxy on.

I did try it with the VPN on and it was working. But this time, it also worked without the VPN. Have to wait for LTE to stop working, then I’ll try it with the VPN again.

2 Likes

This appears not to be related to the new firmware as you’ve mentioned that you had trouble connecting to the cameras before doing the upgrade. [quote=“84536, post:192, topic:19945, full:true”]
Four v2 cams using stock app. Havent been able to connect remotely using any other network except the home wifi that the cams are connected to since Monday, Feb 24th.

BTW: Thought a firmware update I received on Tuesday while on home network would resolve the issue. Updated all 4 cams, power cycled a few times. Still no connecting while on a remote network, (cell or public wifi). Home network viewing is okay. Southern Ontario area.
[/quote]

1 Like

Okay, could everyone please check to see if they can connect now?

We finally got confirmation that a server on the East Coast was down yesterday and that they took actions to get it up and running again. We’re still troubleshooting in case there was something else interfering with the connection but based on the reports here it seems promising. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

still no luck over mobile network. Bell network canada

1 Like

Gwendlyn,

You may be behind on why it is working. I still have the same problem without VPN on my phone turned on. Here is the post from earlier.

I may have a bit of information that just might help. I turned on my VPN on my phone and it started working perfectly. It took just a few second to connect. I closed the WYZE app a few times and the same results. it works!!!

iPhone 8, VPN Onavo Protect. Please try it and give feedback.

1 Like

I’ll tell the team! Could you please send in a log with the updated Wyze Tool?

Sorry, @EdgesUp2U. I recently received the news about the down server so I was hoping that there was an improvement for you. I’ll share this information with the team!

No dice for me. Didn’t think an east coast based server would be a culprit in my particular case in New Mexico, but it may be the source of other’s issues.

1 Like

Thanks, shmoe723!

Same error here. Restarted the cameras and tried to connect via LTE but no dice still.

1 Like

I am on East Coast and working fine on LTE.

1 Like

2 of my 3 cams still not working on remote WiFi. All 3 work on remote WiFi if I turn on VPN.
Also, right now, all 3 cams work on LTE, with or without the VPN.

1 Like

Thank you! I already sent your log numbers to the team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Add me to the list of folks experiencing connection issues over WiFi in recent days. Located in New England. Happens at home on the same network as the cam, and earlier today on a remote network.

I tried power cycling cam, WiFi router and phone without improvement. Also flashed the old firmware 4.9.3.64 version.

Using LTE (Verizon) is remarkably better.

Me too experiencing connectivity issue with my 3 Wyze cams, V2. I noticed that within the last week. I have a Panasonic cam with the same internal Wifi network and i was able to connect remotely in a fast connection. I updated the newly released firmware yesterday and hoped that would fix the issue. But it didnt. I am using Iphone 7 with LTE network. The only thing i could think might be the problem is could be within Wyze network with authentication services. It would not authenticate after several failed attempts. Then a message would appear to reboot the camera or the router. Which i did both, but no joy.

I am anxiously waiting to find out what the issue is.

I am in Seattle.

Thanks.
Bruce

I am also in the 505 and having connection issues.

I have a dual sim phone with both a T-Mobile sim (personal) and ATT sim (work). I am seeing the same results using wither data network…having the same issue over wifi as well so I do not think data is the issue on my end.

I also have a family of four…all streaming content on phones, laptops, roku’s etc (which has always been a normal thing)…and have not had any other devices experiencing issues.

My wife who is using an iPhone is having a similar issue…she is able to connect more often than I, but her live stream will drop to 0.0 KB/s after about 5 seconds then go back and get stuck on the connecting 1/3 screen.

have tried power-cycling camera’s, phone, and router…no success