Recording video or photo of playback recording

I recorded video of event while watching it on playback feature. When I played video I recorded it looks like camera has been moved. 3 cameras have all done same thing. The video is not what I’m seeing on playback how is this possible. THIS is photo of front door. Also a video of playback recording. As you can see it’s not at all like what you see on playback. I’m confused. HELP

Did it work?

1 Like

Ahhh yes this is a known bug and is currently being worked on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Great good,to know. I assume firmware update,will fix it

Yes you are correct to help the dev team better fix this bug do you mind doing me an favor and send in some log files within the app?

Instructions to send log files

Open Wyze app > click “account” > then click “help and feedback” > and press “report an issue”.

I guess my coffee hasn’t kicked in yet, what’s moving?

The way the original post came in, you didn’t see the 2nd image unless you clicked the link below the 1st image. (I’ve fixed that display in the 1st post now.)

What’s happening is not really the camera moving, but instead when you record playback to the camera roll, the resulting video is cropped to the upper left 1/4 of the frame. This occurs when the SD card video is 360p (and perhaps SD).

The workaround for now is not to record in 360p. As @mixonepa mentioned above, this bug has been reproduced by the dev team and a fix is in the works.

3 Likes

Thanks, now I see it.

The problem is I have 5 cameras and all were at 1080p. They work fine at home on WiFi. When I’m away and on iPhone cellular I get a pop up saying go to 360p network not stable. So I just put them all at 360p. I don’t seem to see any difference

I sent logs like you asked

As noted, it’s been acknowledged by the dev team and will be fixed. In the mean time, I think the workarounds are either (1) not to record in 360p (which may not work for you for remote viewing if your internet up speed is too low), or (2) pull the card from the camera to retrieve the video files rather than record them during playback. Wish I had a better answer.

About internet. I have 60mg speed. Around 5.2mbps upload according to one app. That’s on my WiFi network. My iPhone cellular says it’s around 12mbps upload. So what is better. Home WiFi or remote viewing with cellular. Is cellular dependent on home WiFi ? 60mg is the most I can have here with Centurylink DSL. I would like all 5 cameras on 1080p when viewing remotely. I’ve noticed remote playback sometimes just freezes up.

It’s mostly the up speed at home and the down speed wherever your phone is that matters (since the stream is mostly going from your home to the phone). You should get good streaming with those numbers which are very similar to mine.

In general, I don’t think connectivity is perfect for anyone, but Wyze is working on improving it in the next version of the app.

Here’s the connectivity troubleshooting guide:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012903431-Connectivity-issues

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

1 Like

All 5 cameras won’t connect on iPhone cellular.
Work fine at WiFi home network. This has been 2 days now. I just did firmware update. Nothing changed.

Hello @doseykeno, sorry for the inconveniences but here is a thread on the issue so you can get an insight on what is going on.

1 Like

My 5 cameras also don’t work on cellular. Work fine on my WiFi home network. 3 days now. So what’s the fix? Is this Wyze server problem or what. Cameras are useless if I can’t live stream remotely

The thread @mixonepa pointed you to is where the most recent information has been getting posted. I recommend jumping over there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought I was there