Recording of playback from a v3 cam - FAILED

Looks like the fix is in the Android App. My non-beta cameras work fine using the beta app.

1 Like

Been there, done that. Is there a t-shirt available? :slight_smile:

Since you’re a beta user on Android, maybe you could also update your app and let us know if that fixes the issue for you? It’s starting to sound like the latest beta app resolves the issue.

I suspect that there is a hardware component to this issue as well as an application / firmware component. How else can you explain the fact that I have a v3 that works perfectly and another v3 that has this issue? Both are using the same make/model microSD card, both are on the same version of firmware, and both are connected to the same version of the android app. Even if I swap the microSD cards around the problem sticks with the cam…

It sounds like the latest beta app has worked around whatever oddity exists in some of the v3 hardware.

I agree it had to be hardware related too because 6 out of 7 v3 from one order works. Only 1 camera cant read sd card at all.

1 Like

The beta app is the latest and greatest - android v2.17.7
I think if one is in the Beta program the app updates automatically.

Hmm the inability to read an SD card at all is definitely hardware related. The issue discussed herein is the inability to record from SD card playback, which presumes your SD card is already working.

TestFlight for iOS updates my Beta apps automatically but Android I usually have to update manually which is fine with me. Beta apps updated a couple of days ago to v2.17.31.

1 Like

@StopICU33 you trimmed my statement.
I was going by the statement under:
Account–>About–>Beta Program–> Wyze Beta App -->Update

and mine has updated today AFTER I checked and wrote:
“The beta app is the latest and greatest - android v2.17.7”
It is now 2,17,31.

I was only sharing my experience about the Play Store updates. No discredit to your post at all. That wasn’t my intentions. Sorry if that was the way it sounded. I really don’t know why mine doesn’t update automatically.

Can you now record video from microSD card playback on your v3 with the updated beta app version 2.17.31 for Android?

I tested two different v3 cams. I recorded 40s from the mSD card playback on one and 53s on the other one. They both were successfully saved in my album.

1 Like

With beta firmware 4.36.0.252 and Android beta app 2.17.31, all three of my v3 cams can record from SD card playback.

2 Likes

Thanks, I reached out to service and they told me to reformat the SD card. I explain that the same card works in my other 6 v3 cam. Definitely hardware issues so let’s see what they say. I ask for RMA again.

Did you call or are you chatting/emailing? If possible, I highly advise that you pick up the phone and call when it comes to defective hardware. Even then, it takes WYZE a painfully long time to work up a return label.

Heck, I waited 19 calendar days (13 business days) and called a total of 4 times and still never received a return label for my replacement. In the end, they are simply sending me a new camera and told me I can keep my defective unit and do with it as I wish.

Good for you!
I wish Wyze Support actually worked with me in that manner instead of just ignoring my RMA request!
I asked for a RMA for my (3) defective v3 cameras, went through all the troubleshooting steps only to be told “we’re going to try and resolve this (no playback recording) with a future update” after failing to resolve the issue.
That’s it.
I’m now left to contact my credit card member services to begin the hassle of recouping my payment.
Shame on Wyze for such inconsistant customer service outcomes relating to this issue!

Hmm, that’s interesting. Somewhere around the second or third phone call while working my original case (973495) I was told I had two options: 1. Wait for an update of some sort in hopes that the issue is resolved or 2. Request an RMA.

At that time I only had one v3 and couldn’t afford to be without it. I had already ordered another and was waiting for that second v3 to arrive. Shortly after it arrived and worked properly, I started the RMA process for my initial defective cam. It took 4 phone calls and several hours of my time trying to get an RMA label. This last call when I asked where the heck my RMA label is, WYZE said they would just ship me a new camera and didn’t want my defective v3 cam back.

Later that same day, beta testers reported in this very thread that there’s a new version of the WYZE app for android that appears to have fixed the issue. I’m looking forward to that app being released such that I can test it with my defective until. I’m not joining the beta team because I prefer finding the bugs within production releases versus testing pre-released firmware / software that is often known to be buggy.

Beta testing upgrade worked for me; from your main WYZE screen, click on your account logo, then click on ABOUT at bottom, then click on beta testing and try it. within 2 hours I checked again and my v3 cams were asking for an upgrade, I was able to upgrade 3 of the 4 cameras automatically changing the firmware version from 4.36.0.248 to the new beta version 4.36.0.252

and checked to see if record worked and it did…

give it a try and let me know if this works for you as well

Dave

Hi Ramrod,
I’ll give this a try, probably on just one camera to start with. If it works I’ll let you know -thanks!

My understanding is it’s the current Android beta app and not the current v3 beta firmware that resolves this issue.