Recording from playback is zoomed in

Craziest thing is happening with Wyze cam. The playback is fine. But the recording of it is zoomed into the upper left corner of the the screen. This only happens on iOS devices. The same steps done on Android devices work as expected.

I’ve tried uninstalling the apps and reinstalling. Still no worky.

Is this a known issue? Thanks in advance.

This has been reported before, but I don’t recall what the solution was (if there is one). You might find something by searching the community.

Otherwise, keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you contact Wyze Support for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

1 Like

@davidjaybush I found this issue completely “mystifying” because the feature is so basic. They released a “fancy” 2.0 app that appears not so relevant, yet they miss something this fundamental on iOS devices?

I know…I know…it only cost $20…

Well, if issues keeps happening enough such as this feature and the recent outage where the camera is not usable because of their cloud operations…I might just pay the extra bucks and monthly subscriptions fee for the Nest cam…

Did you ever find out how to resolve this? Thanks in advance

I just updated the iOS app and it now works correctly

1 Like

I reinstalled the app and things went back to normal.

1 Like