Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)

Here is some instructions

1 Like

rename the bat file to ‘demo.bat’ I missed that step and had your issue.

I love that this is finally in a release state.
working with BlueIris great, except for the stutter issue everyone is seeing.

Purchased a second cam today on Amazon.

The RTSP firmware for me has a very noticeable delay and performs a little worse than the Xiaomi-Dafang-Hacks firmware that’s had RTSP for a while now (and also has stuttering problems). I’m using a Unifi UAP-AC-Lite about 20 feet away from the camera so my network isn’t to blame here.

If there’s no way to get RTSP working smoothly could you release some details about the video stream used by the Android/iOS app? It’s very high quality, low latency, and is sent over the local network from the camera straight to the phone.

1 Like

For 6 cameras, you will need to port map. I can’t provide the instructions specific for your situation since each router is different.

First thing you will want to do is to set your cameras to use DHCP reservation so they always get the same IP address.
Next, you will want to set an unused external port (5454, or something like that) and then map it to port 554 to the IP of one of your cameras.
Repeat with a different unused external port to another IP of your cameras.

Of course, there are easier options if you have an always on computer. Something like iVideon Server which can connect to all 6 of your Wyze cameras with RTSP, and then you can use iVideon client on Windows/Android/iOS. No port mapping/forwarding needed.

I use No-IP for DNS.

I have a Verizon FiOS Quantum Router. In the fire wall setting, there is the option to create a port forwarding rule. In a dropdown menu, I can select the local IP of one the Wyzecams (all 6 are listed). I then need to select an option from another drop down menu labeled “Application to Forward”. The options listed are, Custom Ports, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, IMAP, L2TP, Ping, POP3, SMTP, SNMP, Telnet, TFTP, Traceroute, and a bunch of UPnP options. I slected Custom Ports and entered 5454.

Is this the correct method of port mapping? Would I individually select each Wyzecam’s local IP and forward it to port 5454?

No-ip DNS only handles your homes External IP assigned by your ISP (verizon), (i use no-ip too)
DHCP reservation is for Internal IPs within your home assigned by your router.

The IP Address Distribution in my router settings is set to “DHCP Server” on all Wyzecams.

I have other IP cameras that I forwarded the unique port they use on a local IP and am able to view them while outside my home network by going to: http://noipname.ddns.net:XXXX where XXXX is the port number.

I’d like to set up a similar way to access my Wyzecams. I know all the local IP addresses for the Wyzecams. The fact that they all use port 554 is what’s throwing me off. I am in need of someone with some network administration know-how to help me set it up.

No. It would go something more like this:

External port 5454 → Map to IP of Wyzecam 1 and port 554
External port 5455 → Map to IP of wyzecam 2 and port 554
External port 5456 → Map to IP of Wyzecam 3 and port 554

and so on. This way, you connect to your No-IP name with the port number of whichever camera you want.

2 Likes

Yes exactly… BUT you should turn on DHCP reservation for each camera so the router does not change/reassign the internal IP addresses.

DHCP can randomly change IP addresses of devices if they are not reserved IPs.

@madtaurus has the port mapping correct. I use the same method to remote desktop into my computers. all windows computers are using the same default port. the external port I choose in the port mapping is the only changes to settings.

1 Like

Yeah, I really hope they fix the stutter. Smooth low latency framerate is crucial.

1 Like

I compared the video quality between RTSP to video recorded directly to the SD card and found little difference. Things that stay still look great, things that move blur. Either something’s wrong or we are just asking too much from this little camera. Maybe a little of both.

1 Like

what settings do we need to use for it to work in blueiris? ive tried and tried and it will not work for me in blueiris.

Has anyone had any Network issues??

File transfer between my computers has slowed to a crawl, normally over 100 meg/s, now around 10.
Rebooting router fixed for a few hours. then slows again.

Never had this issue before having RTSP enabled on the wyze.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it were related to the stutter.

I’m glad you put the reminder about naming the file. Of course I left it as .txt.

I just upgrade six Wyze Cam v2 models to the latest RTSP firmware. I was able to set everything up. Once I unplugged them, they forgot their settings (flashing orange/blue). When I try to pair them with the app, it says “could not find network” - on all devices. The network is up and working…

thank you very much. my blue iris looks different in the network ip section. for starters i can not choose the rtsp protocol… what version of blu iris do you have? i must be missing an option somewhere???

I am using version 4.8.6… the newest version…
the one it auto-updates to when you have paid for the software. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Try these out… of course change the IP, user and password to match your info…