Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Feature

I am a student and use my iPad for school. I also use it to monitor my 4 month old via Wyze cam. I need PiP so that I can multitask while resting assured that my little one is ok! Please add support for a minimized PiP for iOS 14

1 Like

Hello,
My wife and I both use the pan cam as a baby monitor for our phones. With the new Picture in Picture mode added to the new iOS, it would be very helpful to be able to use PiP with Wyze, so we can monitor the baby while still using our phones.
Thanks.

useful feature, added my vote

1 Like

this would be SO helpful!! especially with the new PiP feature in iOS14 and for those of us using these awesome cams as baby monitors!!!

1/3 Reconnecting all the time
2/3 to the stream I’m monitoring is
3/3
3/3
3/3
3/3
3/3 … my least favorite.

A very big +4 from our household.

PiP for all platforms would be an excellent add. We use the camera as a baby monitor and PiP would allow us to use our phone, tablet, whatever for other things while still monitoring the camera.

Agreed! Same here and this would be very helpful!

We’ve been using the Wyze Cam as a baby monitor and the ability to view the camera and have the audio while doing other things would be awesome during the day while she’s napping.

Really hoping that Wyze team can add this to the iOS app simply. Seems like it’s pretty based on Apple’s documentation:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/avkit/adopting_picture_in_picture_in_a_custom_player

IOS app on iPad. Would be great if the feed window could be minimized like you can do in many other apps so I can do other things while I’m watching for my dog to start chewing the sofa

If CNN other video apps can “float” streaming video on top of the iPhone / iPad iOS … WYZE should also.

It blows my mind that this hasn’t been implemented yet. For one, PiP is a core feature of mobile operating systems so it can’t be hard to add (the mobile SDKs do all the hard work!). For two, it’s insanely useful for anyone actively monitoring with a Wyze cam on a tablet. I want to read, browse, shop, and watch shows while keeping an eye on my kid. As it is now I need two devices to do that.

Wyze has released so many cool products over the past year but they can’t deliver this one killer, super high value feature?! PLEASE add PiP to the Wyze app!! I’ve literally been waiting years…

New user here and just bought the Wyze v3. I agree with all comments here. How is this not already a feature? It would be nice to be able to “minimize” the cam view and have it visible but allow for me to do other things such as browse the web, open other apps, etc. This is a request for both iOS and Android.

This this app would be so much more useful if we could get Picture-in-Picture implemented via the iOS/Android system…
—A

I wouldn’t hold your collective breath gents … 3 years on and we don’t have app-wide landscape mode for tablets yet (iPad in my case). Just sayin’ …

Just weighing in to keep this alive and say this would be very useful! I’d love to see what my dog is getting up to in the backyard while trying to pay attention to my work call

@Loki hello! how many votes this should get to become part of the roadmap?

There is no hard and fast rule about how many votes are required to move an item from the wishlist to the roadmap. It depends on many factors and number of votes is just one of them. This item is somewhere around 70th on the list at this time, so its number of votes is not a big driving force. I’m not saying it won’t get there, just probably not soon.

By the way, the Moderators and Mavens are not Wyze employees. We do not sit in on meetings where this is discussed, and so we have no direct knowledge of the thinking on any particular item.

1 Like

Picture in Picture

PLEASE ENABLE PICTURE IN PICTURE IN THE APP! Need to monitor my camera while looking at other things on my phone!!
PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING. If your submission is approved, don’t forget to VOTE for it.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

You can get PIP if you’re on IOS but it’s a bit complicated. You have to set your V3 up to support RTSP protocol (instructions and firmware are on this website). Then you need to get the app IP CAMS. This will allow you to stream RTSP sources and the streaming window supports PIP.

I’ve been using it for for about a year and it works well. Problems seem to be with the WYZE cameras dropping the Wifi connection. Please note however:

-Using RTSP means you won’t be able to use this with the WYZE Floodlight.

-This app, while relatively stable, has minimal documentation. The developer also works full-time at another job and has very little time for technical support. This is, IMHO, unacceptable for a program as complex as this.

-He has a subscription program that costs $2.00/month or $20.00/year. I bought the lifetime subscription for about $35.00, which I thought was high but affordable. Apparently he has recently raised this to $70.00/year. I’m not sure I would pay that much now.

I do find it a great value to be able to keep an eye on things while I’m working in another app.

Sorry, the lifetime subscription is $70.00 as a one time fee. Not yearly.