Pet, Package, and Vehicle Detection as well as Facial Recognition Coming to Cam Plus

@UserCustomerGwen do you have any info on this?

1 Like

Yeah, I finally got the regular app installed and now it just says person instead of AI/smart detection. I emailed the support email address at the bottom of the email we just got. Hopefully they will provide some insight.

2 Likes

Oh I didnā€™t know there was an email just checked and I did get it

1 Like

I have beta app on one device, production app on another ,so itā€™s easy to check back and forth

Glad Iā€™m not the only one itā€™s not working for

3 Likes

The email says itā€™s supposed to work on the production app but it works on the beta app.
There are no new filters available

Same for me. The new pilot AI filters does not show up for me as well even though I meet all the criteria in the mail (Android App version, Cam Plus subscription and Cam Firmware)

4 Likes

My cat thinks sheā€™s a human. Why shouldnā€™t she be identified as one? She definitely has the strut.

Anyone with an Android have the new Ai filters? Still waiting for an official answer from Wyzeā€¦

I use Android and 1/2 of my cams for beta testing. My iPhone and the other 1/2 of my cams are public release. I do not have any AI filters and no response from Wyze. So I donā€™t know. I heard others are not hearing back either.

I canā€™t get mine to work on the beta app either

I got the email and was accepted to the AI testing program, I assume these features dont appear for just anyone with 2.14.23 and v2 firmware 199

I backed all my cams down to 199 and got on production app w cam plus on a v2, and dont have anything but smart dection/person detection on production app, and like HDrock said, his beta app has Wyze AI detection checked green. I have another iphone on beta (regular 199 firmware) and it says Wyze AI detection instead of Smart detection (on reg prod app)

Per email, you will have this option For the Vehicle/Package/Pet detection, youā€™ll be able to see and filter the detection results in the Event tab like with person detection.
For Facial Recognition, youā€™ll need to label the faces before they are detected by the algorithm. This can be done through Account > People > Manage Faces. After youā€™ve labeled the known people, youā€™ll be able to see the recognition results in the Events tab.

On neither beta app or reg app, is there a People section under Account. So I dont know if this isnt rolled out yet or whatā€¦,. i assume i would see a people/pets/package etc section under notifications on either app, but i dontā€¦

i think we are all in the same boatā€¦ only heard of one person on the facebook beta group that had all the optionsā€¦

I thought the person detection pilot i had subsribed to for non-cam plus cams was messing with it, but ive cancelled that since and it didnt matter.

cj

Yea and it seems they arenā€™t even reading our tickets that we send to them on it. All I got was ā€œthanks for the feedbackā€ and that was it.

Yea but I dont understand why they donā€™t put this with the beta firmware. Or maybe I"m missing something. But the cam I do not have beta firmware on and want to test this has Cam Plus. Ironically all the cams when switching Cam Plus around are now showing as trial periods and not even fully paid.

i did open a ticket up for it via chat, (they said they were moving my chat ticket to an email ticket to follow up on it)ā€¦ must be some delay in rolling this out perhapsā€¦ i dunno

I have a bunch of eager cats and raccoons who want to test it out for me lol

Also just now someone said that we arenā€™t supposed to test it. Itā€™s in the wyze labs beta group. In response to Alex, Little odd that a non Wyze employee would assume to know so much

Just ups guys and maybe a few strays (people/pets) hereā€¦ haha (my cam looks out front window of the house)

Ugh not here. What am I doing wrong? Are you doing this on Android or Apple? I have feral cats and this would have worked out so well.

Iā€™m going to revert camera to .199 firmware and see if it shows up for me, on beta though

Like I keep saying I have iphone and v2 public versions. Never ever were on beta and it is not showing. The V2 also has Cam Plus so Iā€™m really confused

Never mind I misread what you were saying. It isnā€™t active yet