Pet, Package, and Vehicle Detection as well as Facial Recognition Coming to Cam Plus

When a movement is captured, it sends the clip to the server. Stopping the upload after 3-4 seconds because of the sensitivity? It’s a movement therefore upload. It’s not a movement or maybe yes, maybe no so I stop uploading. Perhaps, if the sensibility is set to 100 and the cam is sending events back to back could cause this issue if you have many traffic on your network but it is not my case. Why it is happening only on CamPlus events? There is something wrong in their server side. With my Gb connection, I can upload big videos without issues. It’s probably not little low bitrate clips that should be causing me problems.

Since midnight, I have two 3 seconds clips (Failed to upload events) on 20. Not a big deal. If I see that they are important, I go checking them on the SD card. :slightly_smiling_face:

@UserCustomerGwen

Have you considered “Ghost detection”? :crazy_face: jejeje.

I have 4 cameras and I’ve been receiving “Motion” alerts from the kitchen when nobody is there, nor changes on the light or even a mosquito passing by.

1 Like

Pretty sure that would be varying light. Quite a bit brighter on that near right window.

6 Likes

Anyone remember the inkjet printer behind the scene sales pitch? Give them the printer (really cheap) then sell them the ink.

AI only with Plus, sounds abit inky.

Felt the need to say it, as my WYZE Pan Cam drops offline again …

2 Likes

proxy-image(13)

Its time proven, create a problem that your wishing to sell lots of solution for.

Yep, planned obsolescence isn’t just a theory, it’s a time proven strategy, keeping a throw away economy running.

Edit: hey, ever notice that Apple phones get noticeably slower right around the time Apple has a new version for sale…

1 Like

Sucks you have to downgrade the app and cams to turn it on. I want to test it out but don’t really feel like taking my cameras down and manually flashing them. I think it would make sense to run the test on the beta firmware

I so agree with this, I can’t take my cameras down to flash them, there has to be another way Wyze…

1 Like

Same for me!

I believe if you have the beta you can revert the firmware back to the .199 firmware.

I will try this out soon and see if it works.

If it does you can revert the firmware from the beta app and then download the regular app and test the new AI.

1 Like

Please let me know if this works, won’t require taking cameras down!

1 Like

I sure will :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was just approved for the pilot test and I’m on the right app version and firmware. My Cam Plus is paid for the whole year and active on eight cameras. But I can’t access any of the pilot features.
What am I doing wrong?

3 Likes

Alright, so I tested reverting the firmware from the beta app for one of my cameras.

I had no issues reverting the firmware to .199 but when I check the app under CamPlus I don’t see the new AI options.

So I’m not sure if Wyze just hasn’t updated the services yet or what up but I see @C.M.B.H has just said they can’t access the new features either.

I’ll keep checking and let you know @davidnestico2001 and anyone else who is trying to test these new features.

2 Likes

Thanks! i hope we get an official response because If i can just do this then that would be great.

1 Like

No problem! :smiley: I hope to see an official response too.

I’ve checked on my iPhone, iPad, Galaxy, and my android emulator on my surface pro. None of them have the AI opinion yet.

1 Like

Ahh I forgot all about the “have a problem” revert back function! Thanks for the suggestion!

My beta app actually says AI detection instead of person detection… Maybe I’ll see if it works on there before backing out of beta

Beta app v2.15.16 , with 4.9.6.199 firmware V2 cam
does not show up with firmware 2.96.207

That’s what mine looks like too. I’m currently trying to get out of beta but its taking a while. Then I’ll install the regular app and see if the AI is still there. Also check the the other settings they mentioned because I didn’t see those in the beta app.

It does not show up with production app 2.14.35