Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

So do I just sign up for the newsletter within the early access section? Sorry if this is stupid question. I am just unclear how someone becomes part of the early access. Thanks!

Once it’s available, I think it will show up in the store section, but only on the mobile app. The app may send you a notification that it’s available too, but the newsletter might be a good idea if you want to make sure you don’t miss it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah. Thanks so much!

You need to download the beta version of the app.

No , you don’t have to download the beta version of the app to be able to get early access products when they are released

2 Likes

Oh I see what you’re talking about. Yeah, what you said is correct. I have nothing to add :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok thanks

No problem , it’s all good man , just wanted to clarify that, sometimes things get misunderstood I’m guilty of that also :slightly_smiling_face:

Will we have to plug the base station/ hub into our WiFi modem for the outdoor cameras?

I doubt the hub would require an Ethernet cable connection. Probably Wifi.
A cable connection may or may not be optional.
I am in no way speaking for Wyze, just speculating. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually you need to monitor the Facebook Forums, this forum, and the Reddit forum and then be prepared for Wyze to just release something.

1 Like

Ok thanks

Hey Wyze any way you could make an auto zoom and tracking feature on your new outdoor cam. If not maybe the next version.

Wyze what is the wavelength for the IR you’ll be using? I currently use an illuminator outside with my v2 cam and it works well. Will the outdoor can use the same wavelength?

Since this is battery operated. I assume that this will not do continous recording and is also limited to 5 minute event notification which defeats the purpose of an outdoor security camera. I hope I am wrong. I’m still waiting for a final spec else I will go with a POE camera that can do continous recording. If Wyze can make it record any motion regardless of notification limit I will be fine with it but if it limits that then it is not a true security camera. Let say a UPS driver drops off a package and left. 4 minute later a person walking on the street saw and pickup the package, then the camera will not record it.

2 Likes

Only battery operated if you do not plug it into power. The built in battery can make a nice backup though.

1 Like

Is this going to be a 1080P or will it have a higher resolution?

I imagine it will be 1080p. I don’t recall whether I’ve seen them address it one way or another. If it were going to be higher, I feel like they probably would have mentioned it by now. I doubt it will be lower.

If that means early access by December 1, I wonder if that means early access to buy it or to have received it by then as a customer…hence waiting for shipping for it to get to your door.

1 Like

No, they’ve said they’re shooting for December for early access. Even that was never framed as a guarantee, but that’s what they’re aiming for. I wouldn’t expect December 1st necessarily.

1 Like