Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

I want picture quality. If it costs a few bucks more so be it. Most people will pay the extra price if it’s worth it. Sure it’s a Wyze cam so people expect a low cost vs the competition but if the product doesn’t balance cost/quality correctly they will get the cheapskates but lose a lot of people who want higher quality. Personally I will only buy it if it has a good sensor and picture quality.

1 Like

Just did the questionnaire, thanks for considering our views !

One option you might make available as an optional accessory for the outdoor cam is a place on the camera where you could plug in a wire from a small solar panel for those who want to keep the battery recharged from solar power. I have a wireless outdoor camera that has a solar panel pre-connected to the camera and every time I check it has kept the battery recharged up to 100% so no need to replace batteries !

Hmm. If marketing is involved, I’m going to guess on a late Oct/Mid Nov. release. :grinning:

As long as the laser targeting works I will be happy! :dart::dart:

1 Like

Maybe they could have a Wyze cam and a Wyze Cam Pro with better sensor, better IR, etc

2 Likes

You might want to check out this topic: Ideas for Wyze Cam V3

1 Like

That is possible with the V1, V2 and Pan cam, Just get a solar panel and battery. The micro USB is an easy plug. One of the big differences between the “outdoor battery cameras” and the V2 is that the outdoor cameras are generally designed for “snapshot” mode, not constant 24/7.

Thanks for the info ! I really would not need to have a live view on 24/7 but only when I want to log in and look at the view occasionally for a few minutes. As long as there is a movement sensor to alert me when there is movement so I could log in and check at those times too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the same body / hardware as Xiaomi’s new camera. Maybe they went back to the drawing board which could explain the longer wait for the outdoor camera.

It makes sense since the recent comments from Wyze say the outdoor camera requires a gateway/hub to control the camera functions that extends battery life which this Xiaomi outdoor camera has as well.

1 Like

If it has a battery powered option it will have a 99.9% chance of using a gateway to conserve battery life. My only beef with current battery powered systems is what happens when the proprietary batteries (that are designed to only fit in one particular camera) need replacing after approx 3-5 years of use? By then the company has well moved on to something else entirely or several versions later of a newer model that has batteries that are not compatible with earlier models. If there is a battery and AC power option at least you can plug it into AC power and still use it should the batteries fail and not have available (future) replacements. I believe Wyze on the other hand has at least put some thought into this as it would make a fair amount of their users light up these forums in frustration if they stopped making battery replacements.

2 Likes

Who do we have to bribe to get into the testing group :wink:

1 Like

This section, see Hardware Testing

You can apply for hardware testing at the link that @HDRock provided, but I think the ship has sailed for the outdoor cam, unfortunately.

2 Likes

While I am not promising anything I do accept donations to my Single Malt fund. Now keep in mind I don’t work for Wyze and I have no say over who tests what, but I do have cookies!

1 Like

Wait a minute… What kind of cookies? :grin:

1 Like

I like your thinking! Saw a 40 yr macallen the other day I wouldn’t mind owning, but cost close to 180 wyze cams.

1 Like

Raisin Oatmeal, and Chocolate Chip!

2 Likes

That sounds like a great bottle to try. I cried twice as an adult over Whiskey. First time my ex who is English was transporting 2 gift bottles of Single Malt from her father in England to me. One was a 30 year old Oban, the other was a 40 year old Glenfiddich. Both bottles broke in her suitcase. She cried over a new evening gown that got ruined I cried over never getting even a sip of either. That suitcase positively reeked!

The second time was when I poured a shot of 15 year old single malt for a friend to try. He had always had rye or other blends. He promptly poured water in it, added ice swirled twice and belted it back in one go.

He never has understood why I “sip whiskey like a woman”. I have never offered him any single malt since!

1 Like

Hopefully it is about to come to dock and unload for Christmas :slight_smile:

Omg. That first one is horrible. I’d be wringing out the clothes hoping to recover a sip or two. An activity at one of my wife’s company conferences, we had a private tasting with the president of Glenmorangie at the Edinburgh HQ. He went thru several of their different aged bottles to discuss the nuances. He did explain that a wee drop of water “releases the serpent” in many single malts - basically causes some of the flavor and aroma components to become more prominent. But more than a drop or two is sinful and ice should be a criminal offense!

1 Like