Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

Love your cameras! When do you expect you will market and sell Wyzee Cam V2 cameras rated for outdoor use - especially more extreme temperatures?

1 Like

Any possibility to have a waterproof cover designed for use outdoors.

Your comment has been moved here to the outdoor camera thread in #roadmap. The product is currently in testing. I don’t think Wyze has any plans to make their own covers for the indoor camera, but there are several available from third parties (eg on Amazon).

This is the best I find right now. I hope they do develop something specific for their camera as an outdoor camera.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Weatherproof-Protective-Adjustable-Mounting/dp/B07N77BZGX/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=wyze+outdoor+cameras+wireless&qid=1569683592&sr=8-6

Thank you for your email…even a silicon cover would be great…but yes a purpose built outdoor unit is needed

I have 4 Wyze cams (V2) that have been outdoors (under eaves) and working without issue for over a year. I used these…Amazon.com.

Thank you for your email. I will look at purchasing this for my cameras…cheers

I have 5 v2s outdoors under eaves over a year, no cover needed.

2 Likes

Another option for power would be like the Toucan camera has that screws into a existing light socket and removes the necessity to connect to solar or battery. You do need a smart light bulb then though as you need to keep the light switch on all the time with this option. They combine their packet with the camera. Their camera does not have the nice PTZ features that your pan camera has though, so your camera with this power option would have a good market I think.

1 Like

I would be very interested in testing a couple of the beta versions of this outdoor weatherproof camera when it rolls out. Please keep me posted and in mind.

Ditto on beta testing!!

@tirmen3 @rcbouck if you haven’t already, sign up at the link below to be considered for beta testing:

Often wondered over the years why more companies have not copied that option.

The beta test of outdoor camera is already underway and all beta testers have already been selected. For future beta testing, both hardware and software, see the link posted by Steve above.

2 Likes

My thought exactly. I’ve been holding off on buying outdoor cameras, but I can’t wait much longer and this really concerns me. There are lots of different options currently available from other venders, and I’m starting to wonder if it’s going to be worth the wait.

As haloweenhamster mentioned above, the survey may be more related to marketing the camera than development.

There must be some major problems with the testing.

Agree, wyze may not be the wisest for outdoor monitoring. One other concern, reading a recent post in the PC/Mac/browser thread a mod basically said not to hold our breath - sounded very much like it wasn’t going to get any dev work in near future. For many outdoor cam needs, lack of computer/browser access could be a deal breaker - although it could be they offer the outdoor cam with computer based software as an integrated package. However that would be an awkward situation of having a bunch of existing stuff not computer accessible that will surely irritate a large portion of users.

I agree much better than previous questionnaires. However I got hung up on “extreme heat” and “extreme cold”. Is Extreme cold less than 20, 0, -10, ? deg (F)? Is Extreme heat greater than 100, 120, ? deg (F)? Also, with regard to heat, I live in Dallas so handling 105 deg is sufficient but if it is baking in the sun, what temp does it need to handle when it is 100+ deg in the shade? (I have no idea.) Looking forward to the new cam.

And if you follow the posts here there are a lot of us that have subjected V2’s to those temps with no problem.

3 Likes