Outdoor Light Fixture Camera (Spotlight / Floodlight)

I was thinking of getting the new socket gadget and using it on a flood light with an outdoor camera, but it occurred to me that, in order to power the camera, I would have to leave the light on all the time…

Maybe you can leave the light switch on but create a routine to only have light come on with motion or on a timed schedule.
I’m waiting on the real McCoy…

Something like this?

1 Like

Home Depot again? Where was it in the store? With other outdoor lighting, or with other Wyze products?

I just saw this pic on my Facebook, thought id share since I’m looking for the same.

1 Like

Interesting. Can you tell where the fb poster lives? (I’m not on fb so don’t know if that’s possible). I googled for it but all that returns is Wasserstein floods with built in accommodation for Wyze outdoor cam. A HD search sort of returns it, but clicking the link takes us to a ‘not found’ page.

Hey now. Cool find. Looks as if it requires a V3. I can’t seem to find the FCC page for it.

I already have floodlight with motion detectors that go off when the wind blows the trees and shrubs. I really hope they integrate the light with the AI features that I pay a premium for. I also hope these have a siren that works with HMS.

Are you sure you do? Because that would mean a 10-15 second delay (due to “cloud” processing) before the floodlight comes on as the prowler is moving.

Hopefully it would be shorter but still better then having to shut the camera and floodlight off on a windy day to keep from getting annoyed, which I have to do now, but at least I don’t have to shut the camera off now with it being separate.

While installing the first switch to control outdoor foods, I used a wyze camera to see the flood turn off as I was locating the right breaker. I was giving it about 15 seconds to see the light turn off. After trying every possible breaker, I started over with the obvious candidate. It turned out to be the right breaker, it just took 30 second lag to see it finally go off… just passing that along. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Curious that this isn’t on preorder yet… Wyze Is Prepping A Floodlight Camera

This product has launched and can be purchased here:

1 Like