Nooks and Crannies Meet Wyze Handheld Vacuum - 1/19/21

lol, The GPUs are sold out and have been since launch, within seconds.

Most likely bots… the GPUs showed up on ebay instantly. More than double the MSRP. I doubt we will see the WYZE hand vac on ebay for more than double the price, but that was the premise of my comment/humor.

1 Like

its 3x 2000mAh.

LOL Thanks for the explanation, now it is funny. I can’t believe I’m THAT GUY…you know: “Hahaha…wait, why is it funny? Oh, Hahahaha” lol Oh dear.

I almost feel ashamed. I am a very techy guy that loves computers, and have even built several of my own from scratch. I stopped keeping up with the absolute latest video cards though because they’re always WAY out of my price range with all the crypto miners and VR aficionados desperate for them…so I don’t even read what’s new or high end on the graphics cards anymore because it feels like a waste of my time until they’ve been out a couple of years and become more reasonably priced.

Having said that I focus a ton on best deal/price…I guess it’s no surprise that I love Wyze…not always the absolute best top of the line option out there…but I don’t want to pay 10 times the price for something only moderately better…I’d much rather pay Wyze and get 10 times as many things. :smiley:

I don’t see lithium on either tab on that page. Am I missing something?

You shouldn’t vacuum up any type of cold ashes with a vacuum that has a filter, especially hepa.

I disagree , I have been using a hand vacuum to clean up around the wood stove for years, I don’t vacuum ashes straight out of the stove but around the lip and from the ash tray , It gets its fair share of Ashes , you just have to clean the filter frequently for good section

1 Like

says not all preorders are filled. but wont let me preorder says notify me out of stock

“Not all preorders are filled” means they haven’t packaged and mailed (delivered) all the pending orders that have already been paid for yet. It does not mean that there are still some items left available for sale.

There were 10,000 available, all 10,000 are sold out. They have not shipped all those orders yet. That’s what they mean by “filled” (already shipped out to the people who already ordered).

Are they replaceable? I have too many gadgets that have to be scrapped because you can’t replace the batteries after a couple of years of use.

I agree, these things are distractions for Wyze and use up valuable development time that could be used to improve existing products or develop new ones.

I assume Wyze partnered with another company on this handheld vac. I checked on Alibaba but couldn’t find one exactly like that, however, there are plenty of handhelds available.

What is next? A toaster oven, a microwave, a wall clock or a toothbrush?
Sounds a little like Amazon to me. Lets just put out products and see if they ‘stick’. If not, kill them.

Me too, but I do what my chimneysweep showed me… run a big, dedicated, wet/dry shopvac with a 2nd hose going from the tub’s drain straight out the window. I use it on my wood stove insert and smokers. :grinning:

1 Like

With only a few exceptions basically anything with a battery is replaceable if you do it yourself (minus the very few devices where a low voltage from a dying battery bricks the circuit board…I’m looking at you V1 Contact Sensors…).

In this case, when the batteries mostly die, pull them out and make sure whether they are flat top or headlamp-pointed-head style, then just search Amazon for 2,000mAh lithium battery and choose the right shape and buy some replacements there. No big deal.

Lithium batteries life cycle is about 2-3 years or 300-500 charge cycles, whichever comes first…at least effectively dead.

Will the Wyze Hand Held Vacuum be able to fix the Wyze lock that won’t unlock? Will it be able to fix the horrible battery life on the Wyze outdoor camera? Will it fix the lack of inventory of the V3 cameras? Will it fix the poor customer service and shipping issues? Maybe just not the right time to interduce gadgets when so many unresolved Wyze product issues.

You probably have a wimpy cloth filter in yours, dustbuster?
They make vacuums exclusively for ash because fine ash can clog and can be released back into the air with regular vacs or hand vacs. Googit…

Unfortunately 2 weeks too late.

Just bought the Mi Vaccum Cleaner mini.

Love the Video though

You can pre-order again. For the next 8 hours

3 Likes

Delivery is now April 2021

1 Like

Thanks, I ordered one.

1 Like

Hello, @UserCustomerGwen

You and the @WyzeTeam were making me extremely nervous the past day or two because I thought I’d missed-the-boat for pre-ordering the handheld vac. The backers only showed 8,616 vs 10,000 and it said it was out-of-stock - grrrrr :wink:.

Anyway… I noticed right away this morning that the backers were increased to 40,000 and it no longer showed out-of-stock so I ordered one asap :money_with_wings:.

BTW: You may want to change the Confirmation Email to show April vs March so it coincides with the Wyze Handheld Vacuum Page’s new shipping schedule (screen shot of email below). I’m sure you’d want to avoid any possible confusion that it could create within the Community.

OK, now I can relax again while drinking my coffee and reading the forum posts (panic is finally subsiding) :nerd_face: :coffee:.

2 Likes

I can’t get my cat to stop riding it around like a limousine to think about putting it on the couch.